Another fantasy question (sorry)

loodle_20

So DH and I have been talking and decided seeing as we will be travelling such a long way and it is definitely not something we do all the time that we would definitely get a concierge suite of some description and thought we would have a look at the royal suite and let's just say we fell in love but if need be we would go in a 1 bedroom. The price doesn't worry us to much because we have been and will continue to scrimp and save to have a luxurious holiday but when I went to do a dummy booking I saw that it wasn't often the royal was a option, do they get booked fast? How quick do you need to get in to book one?

I don't thing they ever put those top suites up on the website. You (or your TA) need to call DCL. Actually with DCL booking early is the best option because the prices seldom go down. Usually, the lowest prices are when the new crusie dates open up and they then rise from time to time until sail date. If you want one of the best suites, don't wait.

We booked a concierge room in the fantasy ( 7 night). Just a family verandah not the royal suite. But I was shocked that when I booked 13 months in advance the cabins I wanted were taken. We did book a concierge room that seems pretty good but I was struck by how quickly the best (but expensive!) rooms were booked.

DCL used to maintain a list of people wanting a Royal Suite. I don't know if they still do. There are people who will contact them even before cruise dates are released. DCL then offered the space to them based on the order in which the faxed requests were received. Yes, they often sell out quickly.