At sea wedding on boat

Hi y'all

Wondering if anyone here has had an at-sea wedding on an RCI boat?

Looking for people's experience.

I see this is a recent phenom with the Bahamas wedding law change.

We are looking at the Allure, and royal romance says they can't guarantee the date of the wedding.

Cheers

Another option would be to get married on the island of St. Thomas if this is on your itinerary. Since St. Thomas is a U.S. territory, its very easy to do without any headaches. We were married on the island at Linbergh Bay by a minister from the island. When we returned to the ship that evening we had our own party with about two dozen new friends we met through cruise critic.

Another option would be to get married on the island of St. Thomas if this is on your itinerary. Since St. Thomas is a U.S. territory, its very easy to do without any headaches. We were married on the island at Linbergh Bay by a minister from the island. When we returned to the ship that evening we had our own party with about two dozen new friends we met through cruise critic.

Just keep in mind the small possibility that the ship might not make a port stop. Last year on Indy there was a couple on board who planned their wedding for stop in Nassau. Somehow the Nassau port authorities messed up the reservation and there was no space, so Indy went to Freeport instead.

We are looking at the Allure, and royal romance says they can't guarantee the date of the wedding.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but if you mean that you already contacted Royal Romance department and they said anything other than yes, then you cannot be married onboard the ship. They will only do this through the "proper channels" which means their department. As stated you could be married in port and celebrate onboard ship.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but if you mean that you already contacted Royal Romance department and they said anything other than yes, then you cannot be married onboard the ship. They will only do this through the "proper channels" which means their department. As stated you could be married in port and celebrate onboard ship.

Just to clarify - royal romance says yes. However they won't confirm until 90 days out on which sea day it will happen.

Good point. There seems to be a bit if admin work to get the Bahamas marriage license.

We were married 4 years ago on the Enchantment. Because of the registry of the ship the captain cannot marry you. We were married in the Viking Crown lounge by a JP in Key West....it was awesome!!!!! RCI took care of everything!!! We were married at 9am, went in to KW for the day. Came back the ship (crashed!) which sailed I think at 2. We had reserved Chops for our wedding dinner. There was a total of 18 of us. I could not think of a better way to enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything!!!

Please let me know if you have any other questions! Good Luck to you!

Hi y'all

Wondering if anyone here has had an at-sea wedding on an RCI boat?

Looking for people's experience.

I see this is a recent phenom with the Bahamas wedding law change.

Cheers

The reason Royal Romance can not guarantee the day of the wedding at sea is; maritime regulations, captains schedule, and time in international waters and yes at sea the captain or first officer will marry you. It takes 90 to 120 days to arrange the at sea marriage license, many details involved.

The reason Royal Romance can not guarantee the day of the wedding at sea is; maritime regulations, captains schedule, and time in international waters and yes at sea the captain or first officer will marry you. It takes 90 to 120 days to arrange the at sea marriage license, many details involved.

Thanks for the info, very helpful!