How does RCCL handle Captain's Club members?

All,

Does RCCL recognize Captain's Club members, even if you have never sailed with RCCL???

I''m sailing RCCL the for the first time this coming September. Have done 3 Celeb cruises but I'm not an C&A member yet, obviously. How does this work??

Thanks,

Larry

My understanding is that it's reciprocal - whatever level you are for cap's club you are for c&a, but the two are not combined for total cruises. I would call rccl to let them know you are CC.

My understanding is that it's reciprocal - whatever level you are for cap's club you are for c&a, but the two are not combined for total cruises. I would call rccl to let them know you are CC.

It´s true except that it´s for all levels. It´s just for the levels Platinum / Diamond / Diamond plus on C&A and Select / Elite in Captains Club. The lowest levels Gold and Classic don´t get the recognition with the other line.

All,

Does RCCL recognize Captain's Club members, even if you have never sailed with RCCL???

I''m sailing RCCL the for the first time this coming September. Have done 3 Celeb cruises but I'm not an C&A member yet, obviously. How does this work??

Thanks,

Larry

Here is the press release from the Celebrity web site.

Miami - (January 01, 2005 ) - Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean International have launched a new program offering members of their Loyalty programs Equivalent Recognition when they sail on either brand. Equivalent Recognition offers members of the top two tier levels of the programs the opportunity to sail on the sister brand and receive benefits based on their highest tier level between the brands. For example, an Elite Captain's Club member who sails onboard a Royal Caribbean ship will receive the benefits of a Diamond Crown & Anchor member and vise versa. Select/Elite Captain's Club members and Platinum/Diamond Crown & Anchor members who have never sailed on the sister brand can easily enroll in the sister's brands program at their equal tier by simply calling the Loyalty Call Center at 1 800 760-0654. The benefits of the two programs will stay independent and the number of sailing's a member has accrued on each brand will not be combined.

This is a wonderful addition to the loyalty club perks for both lines. We are elite on Celebrity, and have to admit that being automatically eligible for the Diamond level benefits on RC, especially the Concierge Club on the Serenade, really made our cruise incredible. Plus, the coupon booklet isn't bad either! We will only book the Radiance class on RC from now on (we think the Explorer class might be too big for our needs/wants), since we enjoy the continental breakfast and free drinks in the evenings so much.

i am select level with Celebrity and just sailed with RCI on Empress of the Seas. when i arrived in my cabin there was a letter welcoming me to diamond status with the corresponding coupon book (very nice). throughout the week i was invited to different functions, given a gift and use of a private debarkation lounge with coffee and pastries. i was really impressed by the reciprocal recognition and after my Constellation cruise this dec. will be returning to RCI as platinum on Serenade, thanks to jmb for the info on the concierge club-didnt know i was eligible for that! :D

We had been on several Celebrity cruises but last week was our first, Voyager, with RCI. Pre-cruise I just e-mailed the C&A folks with my, and my wife's, Captain's Club numbers and they promptly e-mailed back with our C&A numbers. Everything was handled quick and easy and I would have to say that our experience was that the RCI folks treat their repeaters significantly better than Celebrity on board! DMaugle

This is a wonderful addition to the loyalty club perks for both lines. We are elite on Celebrity, and have to admit that being automatically eligible for the Diamond level benefits on RC, especially the Concierge Club on the Serenade, really made our cruise incredible. Plus, the coupon booklet isn't bad either! We will only book the Radiance class on RC from now on (we think the Explorer class might be too big for our needs/wants), since we enjoy the continental breakfast and free drinks in the evenings so much.

Please elaborate on the free drinks. We are sailing on the Voyager and with the recprocal agreement we will be Diamond status and eligible to use the Concierge Lounge. What all does that lounge offer? Sounds great!

Thanks!

Char,

When we were on the Brilliance, we were able to go to the Concierge Lounge. There were 2 of them. One on deck 10 and one just outside the Viking Crown. You have to show your sea pass card that should indicate Diamond or use it to open the door if it is locked. Once inside, there are hor 'derves (I know I didn't spell that right) and free drinks. I think the concierge can also help with tickets to the ice skating show and maybe tender tickets (neither applied on the Brililance so I'm not positive about that). And they may be able to do a few other "butler-like" things. Our card did not have our Diamond status on it and we spoke to the loyalty ambassador who put a sticker on it and it worked just fine.

Think of it as very similar to an airline premier member club such as Delta's Crown Room.

In my opinion, the C&A benefits are better than CC. For instance, with CC you get a free upgrade within category of inside or outside cabins. Big whoop. That's worth about $30-50 per person. With C&A, you get $100 off a balcony or suite cabin for Platiunum or $150 for Diamond per person. And for the ships with the Concierge Lounge (Radiance and Voyager), Celebrity has nothing to compare. The only edge I can think of for CC is the free use of the T-pool on C-Class ships (At least I believe that's right) and those are much nicer than the free ones on the M-Class and anything I've seen on RCL.

Good ole Bob to the rescue! :D Thanks! We just booked the Voyager transatlantic for May (waiting for Lori to email us our invoce as I write this!) and will be looking for LOTS of information!! :p What kind of drinks do they offer? Martinis? ;) We have a JS on deck 9 starboard side about half way between the the 2 elevator banks. Aft on 7 was available, but really don't like that looooong walk to get everywhere! Earlier today there was one available on the hump, but it's gone now. I'll keep checking and if it shows up again I'll switch.

Char-

Can't answer about the martinis...I drank only wine, and my husband, while he tried a few different mixed drinks, never asked for a martini.

Here's how the free drinks in the Concierge Lounge (Club?) worked...each evening, beginning at (I believe) 6 pm, possibly at 5:30 pm (as I recall, we watched every sail away from there, with drink in hand), the lounge, which is always open, is stocked with alcoholic beverages, and during that time, under-18s (or maybe it is 21s, I'm not sure on that either) are not able to get in. But it is a wonderful, quiet, calm time, and we always headed up there before dinner (1st seating) to watch sail away and have a drink. The best was on our Serenade cruise, when we left Castries in St. Lucia and the captain headed the ship down to the Pitons for the sunset. We watched the coast line of St. Lucia and the Pitons from the Concierge Lounge. It was magnificent!

A surprise benefit of the lounge was the continental breakfast each morning. We totally avoided the buffet for breakfast, and had Brie, grapes, juice and a hard roll in the lounge. It was also fun getting to know our fellow travelers over the course of a week. I can only imagine how wonderful the Concierge Lounge would be on a longer cruise.

Interestingly, we went directly from the Serenade to the Constellation on back to back cruises (of a sort), and even though the Constellation is so highly rated, that cruise paled in comparison to our Serenade cruise, almost entirely due to our access to the Concierge Lounge.

And our cabin on that ship??? A lowly oceanview on Deck 3. It didn't matter...for no cost we felt like we were sailing in the nicest suite, due to the Concierge Lounge and the concierge, Maritza.

Archived