Karaoke / Passenger Talent Show - Queen Victoria

tinkerfenwick

Hello.

We will board Qv in couple of weeks and was wondering if they still offer karaoke as an evening activity - and how frequent...?

Also... Do they still arrange a passenger talent show and is this with the band (on FO balmoral they played) or do you need to take your own backing music...

This is our 1st voyage with cunard...

Thanks

I seem to recall a passenger talent show on both of my QV trips (most recently in 2012). I think they were in the Queens Room in the afternoon as opposed to the Royal Court in the evening (where the crew talent show is held). I think the participants had their own recorded music but I only watched a bit of either show.

Hi

Have been on QV 4 times and karaoke was around twice a week in the golden Lion.

Passenger talent shows on at least 3 of cruises. It could depend on cruise director.

One that took place in Chart Room and was standing room only. Very popular but as I had not long had a car accident , I couldn't stand so gave it a miss.

Last cruise we that we did this October one was scheduled in Queens Room but was cancelled due to rough seas .

You may also be interested in joining the on board choir. This is good fun , popular songs you will know and with it being close to Christmas ,a few Carols.

Look out in the daily info sheets so you don't miss out.

Have a great time.

Carol

Here we go again.......

I am a diamond level, been on all three Queens on voyages lasting various lengths and have never seen a guest or crew talent show.

I took part in the choir once, which then became embroiled by "Choirgate" involving selling DVDs of the choir without release forms and getting persmisson from children's parents. Both illegal practises when registered in Southampton.

I have spent quite a few days on Cunard ships in 2013. I sailed on two voyages on QE and three voyages on QM2. I attended passenger talent shows on both QE voyages and on two of the QM2 voyages. There was also a crew passenger show on one of the QE voyages. They are listed in the daily programme. It would be easy not to notice the listing. The passenger talent shows are usually near the end of the voyage in the afternoon. I seem to remember the talent show following the navigational chart auction. There was not a band at the show but I believe I remember a pianist who accompanied some of the passengers. It is good fun for those who enjoy attending or those who like to participate. If it is not your thing, it is easy to give it a miss.

A note from our QE Baltic cruise in 2011:-

In the afternoon we watched the cruise Chart auction in the Queen's Room which I think fetched $650, followed by the passengers' talent show which consisted of three singing acts and a magician - all very good.

Just got back off QV today and there was a guest talent show in the Queens Room at about 2.15 - 3.15 yesterday. About 6 acts all together. Sign up and practice was in the Chart Room from 10.15am. Not sure about Karaoke though. Enjoy your cruise. It was my first time and I had a blast.

Here we go again.......
Perhaps those of us who remember them are delusional? I could find and scan in some Daily Programme pages if it would make you feel better.
I am a diamond level
One trip away from platinum here; what were we discussing? Edited by Underwatr