Sanctuary full cruise pass chances on Emerald?

edgee

We are boarding Emerald Princess for 10 day Caribbean cruise late next week. We have only done two Princess cruises, both several years ago, so we have no status for early boarding and no experience with the Sanctuary, but are very interested in full cruise passes. From reading postings on the subject, it appears that even if we rush to the Sanctuary when boarding,we have very little chance that there will be any full cruise passes left for sale. Has anyone had recent experience with this and can advise about whether it is even worth trying, since B2B, elite and other early boarders will have opportunity to purchase ahead of us?

Every cruise is different with different numbers of Platinum/Elite, B2Brs, etc. so take the chance. Get there early (10:30am or earlier) so you can board among the first general boarding. Go directly to the Sanctuary and see if you can book. I've taken BVEs and checked the Sanctuary after lunch and there were still plenty of "full cruise" loungers available.

It depends-every cruise is different. We've been on more port-intensive itineraries in December and The Sanc. never sold out of the full-length cruise chaise lounges.

If there are a lot of back-to-back cruisers, they'll have first choice so when you get on the ship, go directly to The Sanc. Be prepared to make a decision on where you want your chaises if you get them for the 10 days: full sun, partial sun, shade, blocked from the wind or with a breeze. On sea days, you might want to be blocked from the wind so you can still enjoy laying out. Good luck!

Every cruise is different with different numbers of Platinum/Elite, B2Brs, etc. so take the chance. Get there early (10:30am or earlier) so you can board among the first general boarding. Go directly to the Sanctuary and see if you can book. I've taken BVEs and checked the Sanctuary after lunch and there were still plenty of "full cruise" loungers available.

Pam, do you know if someone else can book it for you who is already on board?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You book directly with Princess or through a TA. It's exactly like booking a cruise. Someone onboard can always contact their TA and book for someone else as long as they are willing to pay the $39. Don't know if the Future Cruise Sales person can book a BVE but I don't see why not. Again, the person would have to give their CC number for the BVE.

You book directly with Princess or through a TA. It's exactly like booking a cruise. Someone onboard can always contact their TA and book for someone else as long as they are willing to pay the $39. Don't know if the Future Cruise Sales person can book a BVE but I don't see why not. Again, the person would have to give their CC number for the BVE.

I think the question was about booking the Sanctuary, not the BVE.

I think the question was about booking the Sanctuary, not the BVE.
Doh! You're right.

I don't know if someone already on the ship (such as on a B2B) can book the Sanctuary for you since you have to sign a charge slip. I think it might depend on the staff. Your friend could book the loungers for themselves and then switch the charge around once you're on the ship. Some staff may not want to do that.