Boarding

jbomb316

Cruised the Pride 10/6/13 rooms were not available for non-FTTF until 1:30pm, per signage that was posted. As far as non-FTTF processing it depends on the port setup, ship and time of day you arrived. With my past cruises the time ranged from about 20 minutes to one hour. I have heard people taking longer.

I concur with the above. It all depends on many factors.

How early you arrive at the port, what number you are given to begin the boarding process etc. The great thing to remember is you are going on a cruise, just tell yourself that when you see the masses of people.

You can always head to the port early despite what the paperwork tells you. That way you can be among some of the first on board after the special people lol.

Have fun.....and your cabin will be ready when they open the doors...there will be signs posted.

I'm seriously lucky because, living where I do

-and literally 10 mins. from the Port as well- :)

I do a lot of the Southern Caribbean route.

At this point in time that means super-ship VALOR

but it has also been Victory and Destiny in the past.

It's something like just 40 cabins that board at Barbados every Wednesday

and I'm often among them. Boarding is a breeze, takes no more than 10-15 minutes.

We get on the ship by around 11-11:30 and the cabin is always ready.

Edited by Aplmac

Depends on a number of factors. My first cruise on Triumph I didn't have FTTF. Got to the port early and found almost no one in line in front of me at either security or check-in. Took less than thirty minutes.

Second time on Triumph I had FTTF, but actually took a bit longer because a lot of people had the same idea and got to the port early. Took about forty five minutes, but would have been much longer this time without FTTF as there was about fifty people in the regular security line when I got there and about 150-200 in the regular check in line. Being able to use the priority lines saved me a lot of time. Even though it took me a few minutes longer to board on this cruise, FTTF was worth it.

Edited by Rudyard

And once in a great while, something delays boarding for everyone. I remember once waiting outside of the port for the ship to be cleared by customs. We probably boarded about 2 or 2.5 hours after arriving. That's one time out of 12 cruises so far...

I'm seriously lucky because, living where I do

-and literally 10 mins. from the Port as well- :)

I do a lot of the Southern Caribbean route.

At this point in time that means super-ship VALOR

but it has also been Victory and Destiny in the past.

It's something like just 40 cabins that board at Barbados every Wednesday

and I'm often among them. Boarding is a breeze, takes no more than 10-15 minutes.

We get on the ship by around 11-11:30 and the cabin is always ready.

I am boarding at Barbados on the 22nd Jan, really excited, nice to know not many board there. As soon as I have had brekkie, I intend getting a taxi to the ship from our hotel...11ish maybe just before. what time does it normally say on your tickets?

And once in a great while, something delays boarding for everyone. I remember once waiting outside of the port for the ship to be cleared by customs. We probably boarded about 2 or 2.5 hours after arriving. That's one time out of 12 cruises so far...

True, we had a medevac while on our Pride cruise and it delayed our arrival back in Baltimore. I think we finally got off the ship around 12:45 (they had us clear out of our rooms so the staff could still get the rooms ready).

Edited by sparks1093