EZ Check

Mrs.Sunshine

I am new to cruising. What is EZ Check? Also what does MUTS stand for?

thanks for the education in cruising.

MUTS - Movie Under The Stars. It is an outdoor screen where music progamming, movies and sports are shown.

Edited by Rosefloater

EZ Check is available at certain US ports (and Vancouver, I think). When the cruise ends and if you are flying on participating airlines you can pay a fee to have Princess check you in for the flight. When you put your luggage out at the end of the cruise it will go directly to the airport and you won't see it until you get to your home airport.

Movies Under The Stars.

I am new to cruising. What is EZ Check? Also what does MUTS stand for?

thanks for the education in cruising.

EZ-check is great, if your airline participates, and it is available at your return port. Cost is $20/pp, during the cruise you take a copy of your air confirmation, then on the last night Princess will deliver your airline boarding passes AND air luggage tags to your cabin. You put your bags out that night and don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport - money well spent if available ! mike in CT

EZ-check is great, if your airline participates, and it is available at your return port. Cost is $20/pp, during the cruise you take a copy of your air confirmation, then on the last night Princess will deliver your airline boarding passes AND air luggage tags to your cabin. You put your bags out that night and don't see them again until you arrive at your home airport - money well spent if available ! mike in CT

oops, you take your air confirmation and the ez-check form to passenger service desk.

I posted this on my 12/1 Royal Princess Roll Call that departs/returns to FLL:

My travel agent, who was on the 11/3/-11/10 sailing, sent me some paperwork from the ship. This is what the EZCheck paper looked like that you will get in your stateroom on (approximately) the third day of the cruise:

FRONT

10879987623_1fc34a04a9_b.jpg

BACK

10879993793_8a92c9865a_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Note: EZ Check is only available in a few US ports and your final destination must be within the US. Any connecting flight must be on the same airline.

I bring an extra copy of my flight confirmation to bring to the Passenger Services Desk. The new EZ Check form asks whether you are eligible for waived baggage fees and why. Here is a copy of the new EZ Check registration form.

ImageUploadedByForums1384838824.502317.jpg.f899131314fe88828dd34213f379c7de.jpg

EZCheck is great and worth every bit of the $20 fee.

I used it 11/3 when we disembarked from Royal. DW was skeptical

when we arrived back in Boston if our bags would be there, no problem.

Being able to disembark and not have to look for then drag your

bags thru customs makes this part of the cruise a breeze!

We have used this on other ships and loved it but on our recent Royal sailing we had a problem. We were on a Southwest flight at 12:15 and we filled out the form and brought it to the pursers desk and were told everything looked fine. The afternoon before disembarkation, we received a note in our room that we were denied access to EZ check. We went to the pursers desk and asked what the reason was and we were told that it had nothing to do with them it was the airlines who make that decision. You will notice on the bottom of the form that you fill out it does mention that this can happen.

If we only have 2 bags and are flying on Southwest from FLL, can we get away w/ only paying one $20 service fee? We always checkin our bags at the airport under only my husband's name. He is a preferred traveler w/ most airlines so they usually mark his bags w/ a priority sticker.

Or do we have to pay two $20 fees since both of us are flying and check 1 bag under each name?

You will only get boarding pass for one passenger. The fee is for each person.

Never tried this, always pay for two people. Fly Southwest all the time. However if the reservation in both names, don't know how this is handled. Southwest doesn't charge a baggage fee up to two bags each.

If we only have 2 bags and are flying on Southwest from FLL, can we get away w/ only paying one $20 service fee? We always checkin our bags at the airport under only my husband's name. He is a preferred traveler w/ most airlines so they usually mark his bags w/ a priority sticker.

Or do we have to pay two $20 fees since both of us are flying and check 1 bag under each name?

Yes, you can pay just one $20 fee and send both bags. Just indicate that the person has two bags. However, the person using EZ Check will have their boarding pass and be able to go directly to Security. The other would either have to check in while on the ship and print their boarding pass or check in at the airport. EZ Pass is more than a luggage service. It's also a check-in and print boarding pass service.

• 1 month later...

We've used EZcheck several times, and planned to use it again when we got off of the Ruby in FLL on 12/30.. Filled out the form , and turned it in with our Southwest itinerary at passenger service ...

when disembark papers were delivered to our cabin we had the usual colored # luggage tags, not our SW air tags . I went to passenger services, and was told that "they would not be doing EZcheck because they didn't get at least 20 people to sign up for it."

We had to buy a transfer to the airport, to leave out luggage for the day while we went out for the day, then had another problem,

airlines will only check bags within 4 hours of your flight, we had to take them to a storage service in the terminal ($6/per bag) , but at least we were able to go out for a few hours without them. Mike in CT

EZ Check is available at certain US ports (and Vancouver, I think). When the cruise ends and if you are flying on participating airlines you can pay a fee to have Princess check you in for the flight. When you put your luggage out at the end of the cruise it will go directly to the airport and you won't see it until you get to your home airport.

Movies Under The Stars.

Does anyone know if EZ Check is available at Bayport in Houston

We will be flying Southwest

Does anyone know if EZ Check is available at Bayport in Houston

We will be flying Southwest

In November on cruise from Houston, there was no EZ Check offered for any airline for either airport. I was also on Southwest at Hobby airport.

Does anyone know if LA has easy Check? Sure would be nice.

We have used easy check several times and will use it again when offered. We did have problems on our last trip, the Emerald in Dec. The luggage tags and boarding passes were in our mailbox as promised after late dinner. Good thing we looked. My DH's was correct but mine was missing 1st leg, Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta. Luggage tags were different and disembarcation groups were different. We called and waited 1 hour for return call with resolution. They brought my new boarding pass to room but luggage tag and disembarcation tag still different. Another call. It was after 2:30 AM before everything was fixed.

Moral of the story... A Great service but check paperwork very carefully. I hate to think what would have happened if we had waited until time to board to find I didn't have a boarding pass.

Alls well that ends well. We got home safely. Luggage was there in Richmond. Cruise was great.

In November on cruise from Houston, there was no EZ Check offered for any airline for either airport. I was also on Southwest at Hobby airport.

Thanks

Did you happen to notice at Hobby Airport if there is any place to buy a bottle of wine to take onboard so we would not have to pack any.

Can't seem to find anyplace on the airport terminal website

We've used EZcheck several times, and planned to use it again when we got off of the Ruby in FLL on 12/30.. Filled out the form , and turned it in with our Southwest itinerary at passenger service ...

when disembark papers were delivered to our cabin we had the usual colored # luggage tags, not our SW air tags . I went to passenger services, and was told that "they would not be doing EZcheck because they didn't get at least 20 people to sign up for it."

We had to buy a transfer to the airport, to leave out luggage for the day while we went out for the day, then had another problem,

airlines will only check bags within 4 hours of your flight, we had to take them to a storage service in the terminal ($6/per bag) , but at least we were able to go out for a few hours without them. Mike in CT

Does anyone know if EZ ck is available in LAX?

We used EZ ck twice out of FLL and it worked great. Last year out of Galveston it was not available and we really missed it. We will be doing a partial Panama Canal in March and booked a flight out of FLL for 12:30PM and then we could use EZ ck. Just received an email today from the airline that they have changed our departure time to 11:25AM. Princess says you can only use it for flights after 11:30AM. How strict is Princess with the time.

I've tried to use easy check 4 times but was only successful twice. One time they weren't able to complete my check in for some reason and somehow I managed to get charged for the same bags twice. The last time I submitted the required paperwork on time but they lost it. To make matters worse, I called late afternoon and they told me after 8pm which I expected. Came back from dinner and show around 9:30 still no paperwork. so I had to contact front desk and scramble to get my tags and bags out on time. They claimed I didn't submit the paperwork. They misplaced it somewhere and should have told me when I called earlier in the day as they were already looking on line for me. The other 2 times it was wonderful. Well worth the price.

We used EZ ck twice out of FLL and it worked great. Last year out of Galveston it was not available and we really missed it. We will be doing a partial Panama Canal in March and booked a flight out of FLL for 12:30PM and then we could use EZ ck. Just received an email today from the airline that they have changed our departure time to 11:25AM. Princess says you can only use it for flights after 11:30AM. How strict is Princess with the time.

I think they are strict with this. A couple we knew had a 11:29 flight and could not use EZ check. Hope you have better luck!

Just received an email today from the airline that they have changed our departure time to 11:25AM. Princess says you can only use it for flights after 11:30AM. How strict is Princess with the time.
For five minutes, you should be OK. I've booked EZ check with a 5-minute difference. It'll probably depend on the number of applications and who is processing them.

I always bring an extra printout of my air e-ticket so everything can be stapled together. I note/circle anything I want to bring to their attention and I always make sure I hand it in ASAP and don't wait.

Huh, good to know. Thanks! Do you know if the 20 people was for your particular flight or SWA in general? We board the Royal next Sunday, 01.12, and our flight does not leave FLL (via SWA) until 5:30 pm the day we disembark. We're definitely crossing our fingers that we can utilize EZ Check so that we don't have the bother of lugging our stuff around all day or having to find our own means of storage.