Neptune Suite Category Change

BellBoys

We are looking at a Vista Class ship for a cruise and notice that after May 2014 some of the SA categories have been changed to SC categories, specifically suites 7084, 7086, 7089, 7091. Is there a particular reason that happened as the location of the suites doesn't appear to have very many negatives. Is there something else about these particular rooms that would be a concern.

Any feedback would help. Thanks

I can't answer your specific question, but I don't see how a Neptune Suite could have any negatives. I've sailed in insides and outsides and Neptunes, and I don't think there's such a thing as a bad Neptune suite. That said, I'll be interested in seeing what others post about why those particular cabins were re-classified.

Roz

Is there a particular reason that happened ...

HAL has upgraded the most popular cabins on all ships and downgraded others. Nothing has changed in the cabins themselves. I'd say it's an attempt to increase income.

Edited by jtl513

We are looking at a Vista Class ship for a cruise and notice that after May 2014 some of the SA categories have been changed to SC categories, specifically suites 7084, 7086, 7089, 7091. Is there a particular reason that happened as the location of the suites doesn't appear to have very many negatives. Is there something else about these particular rooms that would be a concern.

Any feedback would help. Thanks

We sailed Westerdam 7084 in March for two weeks. There was nothing different about the room. It was exactly like the SA we had previously on the Z. I was surprised when I learned that next year it will become an SC. I selected it for location to the elevators.

My opinion is that because HAL is changing the corner aft cabins from SC to SB, they needed something to sell as SC's and pulled out the last in the row of Neptune Suites to reclassify. Be aware 7084 is a connecting room. We heard NOTHING. The "door" space was a perfect place for my scooter to sit.

Edited by Linda&Vern

It seems to me that HAL is generally using the SCs now for "price point" advertising and promotion. They need to have a couple of cabins in this category, so they took the ones furthest away from the Neptune (not including the popular aft-wrap ones).

Pure marketing ploy. Although I like how they did it on the smaller ships, adding a SB category to be able to drop prices abit.

DaveOKC

I for one am thrilled. We always book SC guarantee because of the pricing, and I would always hope we'd get the upgrade to SA (I don't like aft cabins). This time I was able to book one of those SC cabins for our next cruise. We are now on the same floor as the Neptune Lounge, and I didn't have to pay the SA price for it!

Edited by scopewest

I for one am thrilled. We always book SC guarantee because of the pricing, and I would always hope we'd get the upgrade to SA (I don't like aft cabins). This time I was able to book one of those SC cabins for our next cruise. We are now on the same floor as the Neptune Lounge, and I didn't have to pay the SA price for it!
But now you can book an SC gty and be "upgraded" to what used to be an SC anyway.

I will no longer book a VD or higher verandah guarantee for fear that I might get "upgraded" to what is presently a VE or VF on deck 5.