Price Cut on Statendam

gbgpr

I just saw that HAL has slashed the cabin price of our cruise by $150/person. I have a call in to my travel agent to see if we can get a credit. Anyone know HAL's policy? I called but they referred me back to my travel agent saying that it will depend on the travel agent's policy????? I also read elsewhere that we would have to give up the Explore 4 offer if we took the lower cabin price? The agent at HAL said she could give me no information over the phone since I did not book directly with them.

Anyone know HAL's policy?
Before Final Payment day getting the new price is usually no problem, unless it is "for new bookings only". After that day you may get the new price, OBCs, an upgrade, or nothing. There's no fixed answer. Talk to your TA.

I just saw that HAL has slashed the cabin price of our cruise by $150/person. I have a call in to my travel agent to see if we can get a credit. Anyone know HAL's policy? I called but they referred me back to my travel agent saying that it will depend on the travel agent's policy????? I also read elsewhere that we would have to give up the Explore 4 offer if we took the lower cabin price? The agent at HAL said she could give me no information over the phone since I did not book directly with them.

Thank you gbgpr. We have a B2B booked to Alaska in June. Called my TA today about Statendam price drop. She call HAL and we got $1,260:D reduction. We did have to give up the Explore 4 offer - no big deal to us.

Let us know what your TA can do for you.

Good luck.

So glad it worked out for somebody. My TA indicated that since we booked an entire land and sea tour package rather than just a cabin on the cruise we were not eligible for the price reduction of the cabin. She stated that our package price had not been reduced. I can't quite wrap my mind around that.

On our recent Ryndam TA cruise, the price dropped three times before we boarded. The first two were before final payment, and a phone call to the TA promptly get us a reduction. The third was after final payment, and we got a $300 pp OBC, although we had to give up the $150 TA's OBc, a plus of $450. But you do have to go through your TA.

Thanks to this thread, I just checked and the price for our cabin had dropped $260 pp. I booked directly with HAL. I emailed HAL (through the personal cruise consultant) and asked for a credit. That'd save the two of us over $500.

Edited by zone8grandma

Speaking of price drops, this may be of interest. The price of a 27 day transatlantic coming in April has fallen from $3200 down to $1699, but the DEPOSIT is $3500.00,...That's more than twice the total cost of the cruise....one heck of a deposit.