Anything "new" to see?

mrsfuzzmo

Our last trip to KW was for Fantasy Fest a couple of years ago (2009 maybe?). We've been there a few times on cruises as well, but will only have a few hours on this cruise stop in Dec. (7:30 am - 1:30 pm .....booo).

I know that I want to hit the world's smallest bar, as in my 4 trips there including a week for FF I have missed it everytime! Weird. I'm sure we've walked past it, but definitely want to stop in this time!

I'm traveling with two gals that haven't been there (well, one was for a short day but was preggo at the time and just drove around on a trip to the Keys) and we want to hit the highlights. Not interested in Smost Point or Hemmingways. We like the bar scene and little out of the way dives.

Blue Heaven for breakfast to fill our bellies, Capt. Tony's for sure, Smallest Bar for sure, BOs Fishwagon for lunch before heading back to the ship. I'm sure we'll stop in to Sloppy Joe's just so they can say they were there, same with Hogsbreath, but are there any other little cool new "dive" places we should search out? Love Irish Kevin's so will probably stop there for a bit.

I saw something recently that appeared to be down the street from Capt,. Tony's possibly that looked like it had an airplane theme? Like an old hangar or something?? Can't remember. Anyother new "don't miss places"?

We are with you....been to Key West numerous times (and if anyone HASN'T been there for Fantasy Fest - you've really missed a par-tay!)

We plan to just chill, walk around a bit. We LOVE Key West, but for a day, it's more of a 'meh' stop for us, especially since we won't be there to see the activities of Mallory Square!

Our last trip to KW was for Fantasy Fest a couple of years ago (2009 maybe?). We've been there a few times on cruises as well, but will only have a few hours on this cruise stop in Dec. (7:30 am - 1:30 pm .....booo).

I know that I want to hit the world's smallest bar, as in my 4 trips there including a week for FF I have missed it everytime! Weird. I'm sure we've walked past it, but definitely want to stop in this time!

I'm traveling with two gals that haven't been there (well, one was for a short day but was preggo at the time and just drove around on a trip to the Keys) and we want to hit the highlights. Not interested in Smost Point or Hemmingways. We like the bar scene and little out of the way dives.

Blue Heaven for breakfast to fill our bellies, Capt. Tony's for sure, Smallest Bar for sure, BOs Fishwagon for lunch before heading back to the ship. I'm sure we'll stop in to Sloppy Joe's just so they can say they were there, same with Hogsbreath, but are there any other little cool new "dive" places we should search out? Love Irish Kevin's so will probably stop there for a bit.

I saw something recently that appeared to be down the street from Capt,. Tony's possibly that looked like it had an airplane theme? Like an old hangar or something?? Can't remember. Anyother new "don't miss places"?

Hey fellow cruiser...If you like conch then be sure to try The Conch a Shop. It is a little place on Petronia Street.

Also try Ricks Bar on Duval Street

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If craft beers are your thing, there is a World of Beers now at 511 Greene Street. Note, this is not unique to Key West. There are WOBs in other cities. WOB is known for its huge selection of craft beers made by small breweries. Some are seasonal, such as pumpkin beers that are sold for very short periods of time. In fact, the pumpkin brews may already be gone for the year.

Agave Tequila Bar 308 Front Street

Every tequila you can imagine is there and the drinks are all made with fresh ingredients. I can't recall the name of the drink I had, but it was a margarita with a grapefruit base. Sooo refreshing and served with a mini orchid.

They have a limited menu, but we have eaten there twice and had delicious food both times.

Just guessing. Could you mean Kelly's which was the original office of Pan American Airlines when they used to fly to Cuba? It has a restaurant in a garden and a bar inside. The old Pan American sign is still out front.

You didn't mention Schooner Wharf Bar. A bit of old Key West, good location on the old waterfront. It's always on my list of recommendations to first time visitors. Not so much for the bar but the location, it's a nice walk along the waterfront in either direction.

You didn't mention Schooner Wharf Bar. A bit of old Key West, good location on the old waterfront. It's always on my list of recommendations to first time visitors. Not so much for the bar but the location, it's a nice walk along the waterfront in either direction.

We love it there, great atmosphere, Michael McCleod playing and singing, charter boats coming in with their catch's, tons of fun.

Drinks are good, food is a bit lacking, IMHO.

Just guessing. Could you mean Kelly's which was the original office of Pan American Airlines when they used to fly to Cuba? It has a restaurant in a garden and a bar inside. The old Pan American sign is still out front.

Nope, I know Kelly's well. Hmmm, I'll have to do a little search and see if I can find what it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes schooner is a fun place, Garden of Eden roof top bar is another interesting bar (clothing optional bar)