How much time from Bayonne port to Newark airport

cruzincanuck

I plan to book our flights as soon as they become available for our Quantum cruise next year as we will be using points and these seats go fast. This is our 1st time cruising out of Bayonne so I would like to know how much time do you think it will take to disembark, grab our luggage, go thru customs and get to Newark airport from the port?

This will help me figure which flight to choose :D

Thanks

It's less than a half hour drive from the port to EWR in normal traffic.

I see you have cruised many times so you may want to estimate the amount of time it takes to disembark and go through customs/immigration based on your prior personal experience and whether you want to use the early self disembarkation process. I've never found the disembarkation process at Cape Liberty to take significantly longer than it does at other ports.

The wild card is that you're cruising on the Quantum, and there is no track record for how the process will function for the new, much larger ship, particularly since we don't know if the new terminal will be completed by the time you're cruising. If it isn't ready there could be a log jam at disembarkation due to inadequate size of the current building for the larger ship and the busing process that is currently used at this port and won't be eliminated until the new terminal is in use. Given the unknowns I wouldn't reserve a flight that departs earlier than the noon to 1 pm range.

Thanks ! It is exactly the info I needed. I did not know about the current busing process at Bayonne.

Getting off the Allure & Oasis at the new terminal in Fort Lauderdale is a breeze so I am sure that Bayonne's new terminal will be great once built. In the interim, I will follow your advice and book for early afternoon.