clothing optional deck

littlered87

Okay, weird question, i am a server at a restaurant and i have a table of regulars that comes in every sunday to see me, anyways long story short he knows were going on a cruise next week & i was telling him i had never been to a clothing optional beach & that i was intrigued to see the one in miami and he told me the cruise ship should have a clothing optional deck like up above the running track that you have to climb a ladder to... is this true?:eek:

Okay, weird question, i am a server at a restaurant and i have a table of regulars that comes in every sunday to see me, anyways long story short he knows were going on a cruise next week & i was telling him i had never been to a clothing optional beach & that i was intrigued to see the one in miami and he told me the cruise ship should have a clothing optional deck like up above the running track that you have to climb a ladder to... is this true?:eek:

I would say it has been quite a while since your customer sailed on Carnival. They did away with that deck many moons ago. I believe they used the deck to make way for the water works.

The clothing option deck is called.......your balcony.;)

Just remember, your neighbors can see your balcony reflected in the glass on their side! I spent one cruise trying to avoid the view of big, hairy, naked guy next door. :eek:

The tops optional deck was still around in 2006, but was gone by the time we cruised in 2007 so I think it was removed in that time frame. DH used to go up there early in the mornings to read when there was no one there and would laugh at the steady parade of guys coming up to sightsee, only to find one lone guy up there and no topless ladies.

Edited by vacruizer

Just remember, your neighbors can see your balcony reflected in the glass on their side! I spent one cruise trying to avoid the view of big, hairy, naked guy next door. :eek:

The tops optional deck was still around in 2006, but was gone by the time we cruised in 2007 so I think it was removed in that time frame. DH used to go up there early in the mornings to read when there was no one there and would laugh at the steady parade of guys coming up to sightsee, only to find one lone guy up there and no topless ladies.

Great place to look out and see Cuba as they said.

Funny story about the topless deck on Carnival. Back in 2000 I cruised on the Victory with my two future SILs (my fiance's sisters). It was shortly before Christmas so we decide to hit the topless deck for a few "risque" photos for our husbands in which we made a cliche "naughty" girl calendars for their garages......anyway....

As we were up on the topless deck doing our thing, we noticed that the kids in line for the slide across the way were acutally above the height of the covered railings and looking right down on us (across the way). I can see why they had to stop the topless decks with the deck configurations with the slides now.

The kids got an eye full if they were paying attention!!

Now a days there are a pretty good selection of clothing optional charters on some very nice ships. We are no longer relagated to the 'B' fleet ships. You should try one, IT is optional!

Edited by jimdalva

Now a days there are a pretty good selection of clothing optional charters on some very nice ships. We are no longer relagated to the 'B' fleet ships. You should try one, IT is optional!

so true. I always get a laugh out of these threads..

BOOBIES!! OMG! BOOBIES!!

really? are we all in 8th grade?

If you want clothing optional cruises/beaches.. google.. there are several options. even in the "conservative" Carribbean.

Topless sanctioned "decks" are gone now.. even in European based cruises, I believe. sad, but true.

Now... if only we could enforce 200+lb bottom-almost-less cruises.. that would rock. Seriousy. Put some fabric between your tush and me.. I'd appreciate it.. but alas.. itty bitty bathing suit bottoms are very much "allowed" on deck.

sigh.

Edited by cruzinmamaTN

It's amazing how "topless" is considered such a taboo. But when you stop to consider how many "Man boobs" there are out there! I've seen men with bigger chestsy than most women on board!! :eek:

People just need to let go of their judging and get comfortable with themselves. So what if a 200+ is wearing a handkerchief? It's their body and not yours. Look away for heaven's sake if you don't like it. I may not like your tattoos, piercings, hair style/color, etc. But I won't ban you from having it.

My 2 cents. I'll go have a cup of tea now!