Replacing Butch on Breeze

lele100

Pete Leibenberg is replacing Butch for a few weeks in November and December and then is going back on the breeze mid January for a little stint while Butch gets some vacation time

Ok Great thanks, anyone know anything about Pete Leinbenberg? Is he any good?

The schedule shows Butch on until the middle of May, then Brent Mitchell takes over until the middle of July, when Butch gets back on. Is there a change from that?

"SKY"

Yes, I guess he will be gone starting Jan 18th through mid-end of March.

We had Pete on the October 26th Breeze cruise and thought he was great. He was so friendly and outgoing. He talked to everyone. Had Butch last year on the Breeze and wasn't impressed at all. He talked to some mostly the young hot set but ignored others mostly the older fluffy set.

We were on the Breeze Sept. 14-22 of this past year..2013.

I have several times seen questions on this board about what difference does it make if you have a Good C.D. or a bad one. And I thought myself....not much.

WRONG. Butch was on vacation then. I think a woman was filling in. The Cruise Director is in charge of getting the hordes on the ship...and getting them off. I have posted on the awful getting on...for the Breeze..and the chaos of the getting off. NEVER have I ever had an issue with getting on and off..Not even when we accidentally got caught up in a wedding party and could not get out. Met some nice people. We were boarding late to avoid lines and they had been delayed.

So. Not a gripe. But..The Activities staff was lazy. How lazy? At Trivia They did not bother to write down their questions and answers ( a ten minute task:?) instead they drug these huge books with them..and then they would try to decide to ask a question. .easy ones for some..not so for others. Stupid. it is only a game. And Usually a lot of fun.

In the Red Frog Pub..the boot wearing English one..had one man from each group..get on the floor and writhe like a worm. SEE that on your Boss' facebook? Risqué is one thing. And Carnival Does that..but it is sophisticated a little..not butt grinding coarse like that.

So...I am trying to say............a BAD cruise director........is noticed. After 20+ cruises..I saw that.

And tell me...The C.D. on the Fascination. Little ship..is fantastic. funny. Friendly. has her ducks in a row. Her activities. staff...just like her. A pleasure to be around.

But on the Flag ship of Carnival........The Breeze That was the difference a bad C.M. makes and it is noticeable.

Edited by AmberTeka

Butch was on the Glory when I was on a while ago. He really made the trip much better. He knew so many cruisers by their name it was astonishing. Lots of energy!

Regarding trivia--some of the trivia requires books of questions as the questions are from different categories; they all have a questions and answer sheet for other trivia. Some entertainment staff just hate doing trivia. Guests really get into it and argue and worse with staff and each other.

Brent was AWFUL on Legend. I think he hates his job, sure seemed like it.

We were on the Breeze Sept. 14-22 of this past year..2013.

WRONG. Butch was on vacation then. I think a woman was filling in. The Cruise Director is in charge of getting the hordes on the ship...and getting them off. I have posted on the awful getting on...for the Breeze..and the chaos of the getting off. NEVER have I ever had an issue with getting on and off..Not even when we accidentally got caught up in a wedding party and could not get out. Met some nice people. We were boarding late to avoid lines and they had been delayed.

Maybe the CD makes a difference or maybe there was a Customs issue that delayed it. We were on the Breeze last week and embarking was a 'breeze' and disembarking was even easier. We literally left our room, walked down to 3, walked off ship, got luggage off carousel, thru customs and in cab in less than 30 minutes.