Behind the scenes tour - Radiance

Hi everyone,

We have tried to do the behind the scenes tour on our last couple of cruises but alas have never got there (full list on one cruise and noro virus on another) We are going on Radiance in December and I was wondering if they are still running these tours? Do we just sign up at guest relations when we embark?

Thanks!

Carly

Hi everyone,

We have tried to do the behind the scenes tour on our last couple of cruises but alas have never got there (full list on one cruise and noro virus on another) We are going on Radiance in December and I was wondering if they are still running these tours? Do we just sign up at guest relations when we embark?

Thanks!

Carly

Yes, that would be your best bet, sign up as soon as possible.

Also, check Royal's web site for the possiblity of booking pre-cruise. Someone reported recently that they saw the tour offered with a dinner in the dining section. I don't recall what ship they mentioned.

Also, check Royal's web site for the possiblity of booking pre-cruise. Someone reported recently that they saw the tour offered with a dinner in the dining section. I don't recall what ship they mentioned.

We've booked it for Oasis in January already. It was under onboard activities.

We had that option on Independence last March - dinner at both Portofino's (now Giovanni's Table) and Chops plus the full (3-1/2 hrs.) behind the scenes tour for $150 pp.

My understanding is it's only offered on ships with at least two specialty restaurants, which should include Radiance.

We had that option on Independence last March - dinner at both Portofino's (now Giovanni's Table) and Chops plus the full (3-1/2 hrs.) behind the scenes tour for $150 pp.

My understanding is it's only offered on ships with at least two specialty restaurants, which should include Radiance.

I should also note that it was the full $150pp for us, but no mention of dinner at any of the restaurants. :(

On our last cruise on Liberty of the Seas we went on the 'environmental tour' given by the environmental officer. It was very interesting and free, but we did spend a lot of our time in the room where they recycle the rubbish. We also spent a lot of our time dodging crew as they rushed up and down the main 'freeway' corridor, which runs the full length of the ship from bow to stern on deck 0. As we walked about you could peer around - but they don't let you into anywhere interesting (eg engine room) because of the security risk. Anyway, it did whet my appetite for the 'Behind The Scenes' tour, which I shall definitely sign up for on my next RC cruise. BTW, number of people on the 'Environmental Tour' - just 4!

Edited by cruiseathon