Bringing beverages on board for a b2b

SunshineBooks8

Husband and I are going on a B2B next weekend. Would like to bring 4 bottles of wine on the cruise with us for our b2b but was just told by Carnival that this is not possible. However, I've read, on here, that as long as you show them documentation for your next cruise, that they will let this slide. Any one have any experience with this not being the case?

It seems the worst that would happen is they take the wine away but give it back on the last day, which would be the first day of the second leg?

Husband and I are going on a B2B next weekend. Would like to bring 4 bottles of wine on the cruise with us for our b2b but was just told by Carnival that this is not possible. However, I've read, on here, that as long as you show them documentation for your next cruise, that they will let this slide. Any one have any experience with this not being the case?

It seems the worst that would happen is they take the wine away but give it back on the last day, which would be the first day of the second leg?

we did a B2B2B and took 6 bottles, just show all your docs.no problem:D

DH and I just got back from a b2b2b. We took 4 12pks of soda on. I had boarding passes with me in case anything was said. When they went through the xray machine (we had them in a rolling bag), security pulled us over to the side, and I immediately informed him that we had 4 12pks and we were doing a b2b2b, he just said ok and never asked to see the passes.

I don't know who you talked to at Carnival (maybe a customer service rep who are always misinformed) but they are wrong, at least in my experience. I have done several b2b's and always taken 4 bottles of wine. I make a copy of both boarding passes and show the attendant at the scanner that we are on a b2b. Never once had a problem. This was out of Miami and Jax.

Next week doing a b2b2b and taking 6 bottles of wine.

Thanks everyone. I emailed Carnival and it was an email response. Here is it:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard (any hard liquor such as gin, vodka, rum, etc.). However, on embarkation day, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should the guest wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine/champagne served that was not purchased via Bon Voyage or from the wine menu on board the ship.)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

The above is per sailing, and you cannot double up on cruise one because it is a back to back cruise. Customs still views these as two separate cruises.

It doesn't make sense. It's not like I'm trying to cheat the system. Oh well, I'm going to bring all 4 bottles and I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for the insight.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard (any hard liquor such as gin, vodka, rum, etc.). However, on embarkation day, guests (21 years and older only) may bring one bottle (750 milliliter) of wine or champagne per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should the guest wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of wine/champagne served that was not purchased via Bon Voyage or from the wine menu on board the ship.)

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

The above is per sailing, and you cannot double up on cruise one because it is a back to back cruise. Customs still views these as two separate cruises.

It doesn't make sense. It's not like I'm trying to cheat the system. Oh well, I'm going to bring all 4 bottles and I'm sure it'll be fine. Thanks for the insight.

What does customs have to do with embarkation? Isn't it Carnival policy, not customs that dictates this?

I know this has been discussed on FB with JH and on Funville with Mary and they both stated that you could bring more but to make sure and bring the proper documents to show you are on a b2b. If I get time I will try to see where they made the statements.

Okay...update...found the post by Mary on Funville. She states that you can bring more on board and they will hold it until the second leg of the cruise. We have never had it held but if they do, no problem, would still get it on the second leg of the b2b.

If you are concerned I would print out Mary's statement from Funville and take a copy with you.

Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/223036/1164171.aspx

Edited by ready2cruzagain

It is the people who run the x-ray machines (port security?) that would determine if you can bring on the wine. They should let you with proper documentation.

The Carnival person on the phone is probably not very familiar with boarding procedures.

Security generally passes judgement at times. My daughter does this in Boston. She told us of the little old lady with a suspicious amount of small Purell bottles with booze. Security chuckled at her effort and let her through:)

What about bottled water? I read the policy that states a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened bottles per person only in their carry-on luggage, but I have also seen posts in which people took a case of bottled water as checked "luggage". Anyone have experience with this?

Two people traveling together are each allowed 12 so that makes the case. It does happen where they check it in but for the most part, they carry it on.

Edited by RWolver672

i know this has been discussed on fb with jh and on funville with mary and they both stated that you could bring more but to make sure and bring the proper documents to show you are on a b2b. If i get time i will try to see where they made the statements.

Okay...update...found the post by mary on funville. She states that you can bring more on board and they will hold it until the second leg of the cruise. We have never had it held but if they do, no problem, would still get it on the second leg of the b2b.

If you are concerned i would print out mary's statement from funville and take a copy with you.

Here is the link

http://www.carnival.com/funville/forums/p/223036/1164171.aspx

thanks!!

Okay, so you bring the extra wine on board because it's a BtoB. If you get off at a port and purchase more wine, can that be brought onto the ship or do all alcohol beverages get taken? I guess I'm asking is the only time wine can be brought on is with initial embarking?

Okay, so you bring the extra wine on board because it's a BtoB. If you get off at a port and purchase more wine, can that be brought onto the ship or do all alcohol beverages get taken? I guess I'm asking is the only time wine can be brought on is with initial embarking?

If you purchase wine at a port then when getting back on the ship they will take it and give it back the last night.

True:p But sometimes every penny counts!

You are right! Buy a bunch from the no duty store and have it delivered at the end of the first leg. I doubt Carnival is capable of knowing you are B2B and will deliver it to you for your 2nd part of the B2B.

• 3 months later...

If I buy duty free onboard, when do I get it back? The last night of leg one or the last night of leg two?

We're buying the Cheers package anyway so won't be drinking it whilst on the 2nd leg!!!!

You are right! Buy a bunch from the no duty store and have it delivered at the end of the first leg. I doubt Carnival is capable of knowing you are B2B and will deliver it to you for your 2nd part of the B2B.

Sorry, this may not be true.

I bought a bottle of booze during our first cruise and it was held. I left out the letter that was given to me when I turned the bottle in when boarding the ship. My cabin steward said sorry but it's being held till the end of the 2nd week. He had no control over it.

Just did this on Conquest and brought on 4 at the beginning and they never said a word.... then bought more In San Juan the first leg that they held for us along with 2 bottles of rum from the duty free. The last night of our first leg it was lovingly brought to our room for us!!!!!! And we still ended up with a bar bill!!!!!!

If you can afford B2B2B etc then worrying about your wine quota should be the least of your worries :D

If we didn't worry about that kinda small stuff we couldn't afford the B2B2B'S that we take all the time.

All those pennies make the cruise dollars.

Char