Cruise Insurance

Heartfruit

So, we're planning our next cruise and may book it this weekend. However, I just heard from my Mother and some recent medical tests my Dad had didn't go so well. Not quite run around the room and panic time just yet as we have to wait on further tests, but it did make me pause and wonder what to do should my Dad's heath prevent me from taking my vacation. I haven't bought insurance on previous cruises. I'm Canadian and my husband has good travel health insurance though work, so I'd only be looking for cancellation insurance. Does anyone have any advice on how to shop for some? If I choose to stay home would the rest of my family have to stay home as well?

Does your husband's medical cover you outside of Canada?

Insurance covers more than Medical and trip cancellation. It will also pay expense to get you home in an emergency. It can either by accident or illness of a family member at home or emergency evacuation for you.

Hi there, just a tip about travel insurance policies, be sure you read the fine print because a lot of them do not cover cancellation due to someone who already has a diagnosed condition or other good cause to believe they might be taken ill.

In other words, it would cover cancellation due to something unexpected, such as a bout of appendicitis, but not a recognised and pre-existing illness.

You need to read the fine print

If you should cancel no your family members do not need to do so

Not sure if we have cancel for any reason here with Canadian insurers

You could try insuremytrip.ca ..see what come up

Hope your dad will be OK

Lyn

You're Canadian. Your insurance rules especially regarding medical are very different than for those of us to the south.

Please visit the forum title Cruise Travel Insurance. There is a thread there that is dedicated just to Canadians.

Actually, heres the link

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1390788

Edited by klfrodo