If you were mega rich...

dmarie1623

My DH & I would buy a yacht for sure! We've discussed it several times in the case that we would hit the power ball. It's also something we've tossed around for our retirement plan although in that case, I'm sure it would be less extravagant).

We have a speed boat and love boating. Most of the time on the water, it’s just the two of us. I don’t think we’d get bored or miss the company of others like some have suggested.

Would you still sail Carnival, a more upscale line or rent/buy a yacht?

I'd still sail Carnival and branch out to some of the higher end lines because I like what the mass lines offer in terms of activities, live bands, and meeting new people. At least once I'd try a private yacht. Though it seems that it would be kinda lonely without all the hubbub of larger ship.

If I were megarich, I'd cruise with other mega rich. It wouldn't be on any of the mass lines.

I'm with a few others on here! I would continue sailing CCL because I love their ships.

But I would obviously splurge on the cabin, not think twice about shore excursions or bar tabs, go to the spa and steakhouse every day and... probably stay at the Ritz pre and/or post cruise ;) LOL!

I am 50, wife is 38 and we cruise with our 9 year old. We cruise Carnival as that is all we can afford to cruise on, about every 1-2 years. Good cruises, but, if we could have the perfect cruise:

Priced the same as Carnival.

We avoid Lido due to loudness and crowds and prefer to sit and read in a quiet spot.

We would love talks and seminars in a theater.

We dislike games (except trivia) LOVE live music, hate DJs

Forget hairy chest, dancing, towel classes, drink contests etc..

Love more affordable drinks

Last cruise we stopped bringing long pants and never bring fancy duds, nice dockers with a polo is about it if we do.

We dislike MDR so do the buffet.

So...very relaxed cruise, shorts and t-shirts, but seminars and a buffet with a million choices like Carnival would be perfect, don't need or want the fancy-schmanzy-ness.

Nighttime can be anything, we are all usually out by 9PM

or, and Port intensive, cultural places like Belize, Roatan, Ensenada, no cruise cities like Cozumel etc. no private islands.

Never will happen, but in my dreams, likely will stick to Carnival, as we do enjoy it. Would love cheaper prices, but no way that can happen already amazed that we can fly, cruise and fly home for 2k for 7 days

My husband and I have discussed this as well. We are fortunate we have the means to cruise 2-3 times per year and love our Carnival vacations. We both work very hard though and a week away here and there to totally unplug is almost a necessity.

In our discussions, we both agree the first thing we would do would be to book a string of cruises for 2-3 months, (After first speaking with financial advisors and attorneys before even claiming our winnings) and spend that time relaxing and planning how we would distribute and spend the winnings. We feel this would be necessary to get away from the limelight and constant barrage of requests and unknown family members crawling out from under the carpet.

We would invite immediate family members to join us at various stages if they would like.

We already have our favorite charities but we would need to reflect on who to add since we now have the means. We would need to decide who and how much of our winnings we would share with family members and where our money would go in the event of our passing. Not everyone would benefit from a windfall, to some that could be disastrous so trust funds with limits might be the way to go.

If after 2-3 months we have become bored with constant cruising, we haven't purchased anything and can look at different alternatives, though I do think we would still love traveling no matter what the means.

And yes, we would book this initial string of cruises on Carnival. Though we have cruised a couple of other lines, Carnival is our comfort zone. We always book a balcony or a suite so that wouldn't matter either.

So I guess my answer is who knows? We have yet to have the opportunity to cruise a B2B with our work constraints. 8 days is the longest we have cruised. Rest assured though, cruising is a true joy in our life and what better way to start planning your dreams than a lengthy cruise on your favorite cruise line? I believe I would spent at least 2 weeks just resting, not needing to get off at any port, except to get off to get right back on again.

I would probably still book passage on the Carnival ships, but get one of those suites that are tucked away and not advertised. They are there, but you can't find them via the cruise line website. When we were on the Sensation, I knew ahead of time where their two VIP suites were and even found the doors that were marked Private.

Would I try another line? Probably one of the new multi-level suites on a few of the RCL ships, if couldn't get something VIP on Carnival.

Would I go for a private yacht? Not too likely, because I enjoy being around different people, socializing and making new friends. On our last cruise, the wife and daughter thought I was being tooo chatty with the family at the next table at dinner.

We're normally Disney cruisers-- but did our first CCL (the Dream over Halloween) and had a blast. If I hit the Megamillions for 100 mill plus, or finished one of my many in the works novels and made JK Rowling like cash-- yeah. I'd go on a Carnival cruise (and pay for the relatives I like and our good friends to enjoy it with us), and a Disney cruise (old ships only), and would go to Alaska on HAL or Princess, and buy an RV and hit the road across the US, etc. Would go to Israel and Jordan and at this moment Egypt because as a history teacher drifting down the Nile would be a dream (as of this moment- like I said-- YMMV depending on who's in charge there), Turkey, Russia, Eastern Europe (would love to do a river cruise down the Danube to the Black Sea).

To buy my own yacht (and I'm thinking the Eclipse owned by Roman Abramovich) I'd have to be a billionaire. Oldest daughter and I saw the Eclipse when we were on Disney Magic porting in Gibraltar and said, "Man-- marry some rich Russian guy, or an Al Saud prince and get us a yacht like that..." No luck so far. :p

So yes-- I'd still sail Carnival, but cruising would be just one of the things I'd do. Would also love to take the two youngest back to China, and do a first class cruise down the Yangtze along with visiting their places of birth, Beijing (been twice but they haven't) and a few other places. They wouldn't like it much (Little Sister wants to go to Paris instead of returning to visit China, Little Brother wants to go on a Disney cruise-- they're both 9), but ehh, if I'm rich and paying for it, they go where I say or stay with auntie.

I am 50, wife is 38 and we cruise with our 9 year old. We cruise Carnival as that is all we can afford to cruise on, about every 1-2 years. Good cruises, but, if we could have the perfect cruise:

Priced the same as Carnival.

We avoid Lido due to loudness and crowds and prefer to sit and read in a quiet spot.

We would love talks and seminars in a theater.

We dislike games (except trivia) LOVE live music, hate DJs

Forget hairy chest, dancing, towel classes, drink contests etc..

Love more affordable drinks

Last cruise we stopped bringing long pants and never bring fancy duds, nice dockers with a polo is about it if we do.

We dislike MDR so do the buffet.

So...very relaxed cruise, shorts and t-shirts, but seminars and a buffet with a million choices like Carnival would be perfect, don't need or want the fancy-schmanzy-ness.

Nighttime can be anything, we are all usually out by 9PM

or, and Port intensive, cultural places like Belize, Roatan, Ensenada, no cruise cities like Cozumel etc. no private islands.

Never will happen, but in my dreams, likely will stick to Carnival, as we do enjoy it. Would love cheaper prices, but no way that can happen already amazed that we can fly, cruise and fly home for 2k for 7 days

You are pretty close, since that's close to my Princess experience. Most time I pay similar to cruise Princess as I do Carnival. They are not forever cheap but sometimes they have very,very, good sales. Until you hit the lottery, hit the points on credit cards. Royal Princess will be similar to what I paid for Carnival Magic. I loved Princess buffet over the MDR.

Edited by Blk_Amish

I would still sail Carnival, but not exclusively.

Celebrity has a few.really nice looking Japan cruises that DH and I have put on our bucket list.

If we had more money, we would still sail Carnival, but instead of asking ourselves "what does Carnival have for itineraries?" We would ask "where do we want to go?" and find a sailing to fit that need regardless of the cruise line.

I would buy a Large Mega Yacht. I'm talking 300+ footer, with dedicated fulltime staff.

I would invite friends and family along for extended vacations to places I want to go.

Seriously...dream big or go home :p Edited by halos

I'd still sail Carnival and branch out to some of the higher end lines because I like what the mass lines offer in terms of activities, live bands, and meeting new people. At least once I'd try a private yacht. Though it seems that it would be kinda lonely without all the hubbub of larger ship.

I would still sail Carnival. I didn't get wealthy by being stupid. :)

I would still sail carnival. (if im that rich, and sailing carnival...I can go on A LOT of cruises lol) I would also rent a private yacht once a year, or hell, I would charter a carnival ship for my entire family and friends only

Let me tell you Celebrity is pretty nice. Carnival has more activities but service is so much better on Celebrity. Wish they had a port closer to me. I cruise on Carnival out of Baltimore, but once the Pride leaves, I will be sailing out of Bayonne on Celebrity if I have my druthers!

Let's see Carnival or let's say a world cruise on Crystal or Cunard.. hmmmm. I think that decision would take me about 1.2 seconds.. B2B world cruises, first on Crystal then Cunard....oh yea!! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app