Royal Princess

richard.f.lange

Carbill,

In my opinion the crew staircase amid ship is not clearly marked and most people would not find it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These stairs are located in the same place as the center stairs on all Grand Class and later Princess builds.

During muster and during emergencies the doors to the center stairway are open and ship personnel are there to direct people to them.

Mr "Caribill"

I can prove who I am, can you prove that you don't work for the cruise line?

My income tax returns show no income from CCL or any subsidiary or any contractor or any sub-contractor.

My credit cards show significant amounts of money going to multiple cruise lines including Princess.

Sent from my desktop using MTF

Mr "Caribill"

I can prove who I am, can you prove that you don't work for the cruise line?

Wow...this bizarre curve-ball of a question...where's it coming from??

Bill is a voice of logic and reasoning on here and is armed with many a fact that he is willing to share. If he corrects you on something it is always a good idea to go back and check your facts-he may be right-(or wrong as we all can be.)

Richard-maybe you are wrong in suggesting he is a Princess "plant" on the boards? What led you to think this way?

Norris

I was surprised there were no smoke detectors or sprinklers on the balconies, but I assumed they were not needed due to the use of fire retardant materials. Also, the Royal Princess has a Marine Evacuation System (MES).

Edited by billco

little chance of a major fire like Ruby Princess had.
Safe Return To Port or SRTP means that a ship can have a "Catastrophic" system failure and it must be able to travel 10000 Nautical miles at a Speed of 6 knots back to a safe port.

Sir, your professional status makes you keenly aware of accuracy of statement, especially on a forum read by non-expert participants. Out of consideration for all who read this forum, please revise these items to reflect that.

Sir, your professional status makes you keenly aware of accuracy of statement, especially on a forum read by non-expert participants. Out of consideration for all who read this forum, please revise these items to reflect that.

Safety at Sea: What the Newest Cruise Ships Are Implementing

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-gypsynesters/safety-at-sea-what-the-ne_b_3772986.html

"The new Safe Return to Port requirement has been newly implemented in the hopes that these sorts of mishaps will be a thing of the past. Simply stated, the rule is that any vessel must be able to make it into port under its own power from up to 1,000 miles out to sea after almost any emergency, while providing passengers basic services in safe areas. No more being stranded at sea waiting for rescue, the idea is that a ship is its own best lifeboat."

For those of you who have already sailed on the Royal, I would like to know about the spa facilities...does anyone know if the ship has a steam room and sauna?...is there an indoor pool and hot tub?...is there a charge for any of these facilities?...I would like to know as much as I can before we travel Sept 2014...