Found a ring!

luvmykc

Just disembarked from the Carnival glory. Thanks to cruise critic I had read tips on checking the safe. As I did a thorough check I FOUND a diamond ring. As we left the ship I turned it into guest services. I am a little worried about it finding its rightful owner as the employee just made a note on a legal pad of our room number. I asked about forms and she replied about turning it in to main office.

I am posting it here hoping someone on cruise critic looking for their lost ring might have return to them soon!

Glory 7447.

I did take a picture of it but will only use it if the rightful owner needs it to claim the ring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Just disembarked from the Carnival glory. Thanks to cruise critic I had read tips on checking the safe. As I did a thorough check I FOUND a diamond ring. As we left the ship I turned it into guest services. I am a little worried about it finding its rightful owner as the employee just made a note on a legal pad of our room number. I asked about forms and she replied about turning it in to main office.

I am posting it here hoping someone on cruise critic looking for their lost ring might have return to them soon!

Glory 7447.

I did take a picture of it but will only use it if the rightful owner needs it to claim the ring.

I'm glad you turned it in. They will send it to Miami and hopefully the owner will get in touch with Carnival to make a claim.

I doubt you will have any further involvement or even ever find out if it was claimed.

Since Cruise Critic readers are only a fraction of a percentage of guests on any given ship, it's highly unlikely that they will see your post. You might go to the roll call for the sailing before yours, but there is no telling how long the ring has been there.

Glory 7447.

You are a kind, honest and thoughtful person!:)

The ring wad lodged in the front corner. The safes have a front nook in the corners. I thought it was a coin until it dislodged it.

I am hoping it does find its owner. I am leary beacuse she didn't put it in an envelop or safe guard it.

My daughter asked what I was going to do with it. I told her ships have lost and founds too just like school. She said "good I would want my ring back if it was mine." .much more valuable than the ring! :)

Have you notices the amount of security cameras in all of the public areas, especially guest services where there are cash exchanges! I would not worry about an employee taking the ring. I have in the past been careless and left an item and before I was two hundred miles from Miami my phone rings with a 305 area code... It was a carnival wanting to know if I lost my EYE PAD and if so where did I want it shipped and my credit card info for them expedite it through Fex ex ( do not remember if it was fed ex or ups )! This world needs a few more honest people who are willing to do the right thing!

Have you notices the amount of security cameras in all of the public areas, especially guest services where there are cash exchanges! I would not worry about an employee taking the ring. I have in the past been careless and left an item and before I was two hundred miles from Miami my phone rings with a 305 area code... It was a carnival wanting to know if I lost my EYE PAD and if so where did I want it shipped and my credit card info for them expedite it through Fex ex ( do not remember if it was fed ex or ups )! This world needs a few more honest people who are willing to do the right thing!

I am not worried about her taking it. She seemed genuinely grateful for me turning it in. But it was crazy at guest services. My concern is her note and the ring getting lost in the shuffle.

I work in lost and found at a major tourist destination. I realize that it may have looked like they just put it aside and that the note might get separated from the ring they chances of that happening are very very small. And even if the note does get separated the folks in lost and found have ways of figuring out who the ring belongs to.

And on that note if you lose something report it.

May good Karma come to you for doing the right thing.

My DIL left an expensive camera in her room and realized it after we disembarked. She reported it but was sure that she'd never see it again.

Two weeks later a lovely Carnival rep called, we ID'd the camera by the pics on it. While scrolling through the pics the rep noticed that DIL was in the military and said: " I'll fedex this to her at no charge, thank her for her service".

Good stuff.

You totally did the right thing, and hopefully it was reported by the person who lost it so it can be returned.

I can't help but think of the rants I have read on here from people insisting that their cabin steward robbed their rooms. Hmm...

Very decent of you to return the ring :)

How hard can it be to find the rightful owner? Just go back to who was in cabin 7447 on the Glory the past week or so.

It's not like you found it in a public area where it could be one of a couple thousand people's ring.

I hope that it gets returned to the rightful owner.

I no longer turn anything of value in to employees-anywhere. I give them the information, contact HQ etc. or whomever when I get home (or management of wherever I'm at). I leave my info for the rightful owner to contact me.

Why do I do this you ask? Because there is no assurance it will be turned in to upper management or security. There is no assurance that it will ever make it's presence be known to anyone else. I have personally experienced this.

Just so you know, I have returned 3 items this way and have been offered a reward for two items, which of course I refused. I just asked them to pay it forward.

I will always do my best to find the true owners of an item. I have one item (a childs game) that I found and that has never made it's way to the owner. Other than that, everything I have ever found over the years has made it's way back. Of course I'm speaking of anything with any kind of monetary value. I found a scarf on my last cruise and I turned that in.

Just after being burned by my son leaving his gaming system and games behind at the playroom at the gym I was working out at we called them, they found it, put it away, and yet somehow it was still stolen-internally. So I've learned, you cannot even trust the employees who say they will take care of it.

I lost my wedding ring on the Splendor. On our honeymoon. :(

And it was completely my fault. I had just made myself an over sized ice cream cone from the self serve machines. The tower of ice cream was unstable and began to fall, but I caught it with my free hand. My hands and forearms were a sticky mess, so I grabbed a glass of water and some napkins and sat a table to wipe off. The not-even-a-week-old ring was sticky as well so I put it in the glass of water while I wiped off my hands.

About an hour later my wife and I were reading in our cabin when I all of a sudden I slammed the book closed and yelled a four letter word as a camera zoomed out quickly from our balcony, to the ship, to ocean and finally to earth.

I had left the ring in the cup of water on the table. We ran back down and asked every server on duty if they had found it. They said they searched the kitchen, sinks, etc but it was never found.

We were in 7447 on the Glory on the Nov. 3rd sailing. My GF had her jewlery in the safe, but she had them in jewlery boxes. I use the safe all cruise long and I emptied it out the last day. So it had to have been the people who sailed after us.

I will double check with my GF and make sure she didn't lose a ring. Pretty sure she didn't as she never mentioned losing anything.

We were in 7447 on the Glory on the Nov. 3rd sailing. My GF had her jewlery in the safe, but she had them in jewlery boxes. I use the safe all cruise long and I emptied it out the last day. So it had to have been the people who sailed after us.

I will double check with my GF and make sure she didn't lose a ring. Pretty sure she didn't as she never mentioned losing anything.

That surely limits the search for the owner.