Cagney's on the Waterfront

coffeebean

On Breakaway, hubby and I plan to dine at Cagney's on the waterfront and we are hoping the life boats are not blocking the view to the water. I read somewhere on this forum that one of the restaurants has a lovely view that does not include looking at the lifeboats. Is that Cagney's? Looking at the deck plans, Cagney's is in the aft and that is the only restaurant that does not have lifeboats below them. I think I may have answered my own question. :confused:

Edited by coffeebean

On Breakaway, hubby and I plan to dine at Cagney's on the waterfront and we are hoping the life boats are not blocking the view to the water. I read somewhere on this forum that one of the restaurants has a lovely view that does not include looking at the lifeboats. Is that Cagney's? Looking at the deck plans, Cagney's is in the aft and that is the only restaurant that does not have lifeboats below them. I think I may have answered my own question. :confused:

To my recollection, Cagney's has no outdoor seating. There are tables overlooking the Manhattan Room below, though.

Ocean Blue outdoors has a nice view.

Tracy

Cagneys has beautiful outdoor seating. Nothing interfering with the view. We sat there in July 2x

Absolutely NOTHING blocking your view. Cagney's is wonderful eating outside. Enjoy. My only piece of advice would be to make reservations when the ship is in port. We go for cocktails outside at the Martini bar and when the ship is cruising, sometimes it can be quite windy.

Depending on the time of year, it could be dark at dinner time!

Good observation! The specialty restaurants open at 5:30pm and in December when I cruise, the sun will already have set. So much for the view! (But still seems like a nice idea). I wish some specialty restaurants also opened for lunch or brunch. I don't understand why they only do dinner, especially on sea days.

Yea, but think about a nice breeze, some wine, the moon, stars and nice company. :D

Oh absolutely! I'll definitely try to get outdoor seating (unless it's the last day as it will be freezing then). I like the idea of doing it Wednesday and then watch the fireworks from there. I didn't know what day to pick, so that idea helped!

all the waterfront is clear of lifeboat views, so any restaurant or bar on there has a good view

The davits (apparatus used to lower the lifeboats) extend above the Waterfront, so the view of the ocean is partially obstructed at all of the venues except Cagney's and Moderno.

First attached photo is of a sunset from La Cucina's outdoor seating. Note the davits (white, blocky structures) visible through the glass railings. You can also see the red lifeboats below. The second attached photo was taken in front of La Cucina's outdoor seating and is presented her to give you a different perspective of the extent of the lifeboat and davit obstruction.

Third photo is the view of the Waterfront in front of Cagney's outdoor seating area. I dined here while in Bermuda, and it was a magical experience. No davits or lifeboats to spoil the view. It was so peaceful and quiet that you could hear the waves lapping against the ship's side, which is more tranquil than the dull roar of rushing water while at sea. Eating here, especially in port on a clear night, is well worth it.

lacucina_seating.jpg.8514fefe15cf45b8db8ae62d4cd346bb.jpg

lacucina.jpg.ef10f422c7bdc1737e893314d65cbe2f.jpg

cagneys.jpg.a8f78fc5c113d3ef54eefb9ea4c9d798.jpg