Duty free liquor and back to back trips

rigs32

If I am booked for back to back cruises with different cabins, will NCL deliver duty free alcohol purchases to my room on the last night if my first sailing or will they hold them until the last night of my second sailing?

To add a layer of confusion, my first sailing is a sixth man charter and the second is an NCL cruise.

Not quite sure how they would handle it.

You have different cabins and different cruise setups so chances are you will have to get different key cards for each leg, the second leg u should be able to do it the day before on board at reception but first ask when you are embarking at the check in counter. Will will also have to leave ship as its part of security and customs regulations in the middle of the two cruises but should only be for 15 to 30 min. turn around. However you will probably have to wait for your second cabin to be changed over. But I'm not sure how that works as we always book same cabin. Again check with front reception once on bard as your embarkment staff will probably not know the answer as they don't work for NCL they work for all cruise lines and only do the embarkment process.

ours was delivered at the end of the first week - the shop has no idea that you are on for 2 weeks so we enjoyed our purchase - we waited until the last evening of the first week to buy it and they handed it to us to pack - shame we were not going anywhere

All we struggled with were the mixers

Another note if your planning on breaking the rules and drinking your duty free on board the second week you will need to pack up your luggage (booze inside) and have your cabin steward move your luggage to new cabin other wise if you take booze off with you you run the risk of having it confiscated.

ours was delivered at the end of the first week - the shop has no idea that you are on for 2 weeks so we enjoyed our purchase - we waited until the last evening of the first week to buy it and they handed it to us to pack - shame we were not going anywhere

Isn't liquor discounted the first night 10% in order to grab sales before people start buying it in ports.

That's a good point. Thanks for the heads up on purchasing the last night.

We did the same thing on a B2B last May. Purchased booze on last night of first leg and took it back to our room (we changed rooms, but just to the cabin next door). That's why I would never book a B2B as a single ticket--I'd miss out on liquor purchases mid-trip.

We did the same thing on a B2B last May. Purchased booze on last night of first leg and took it back to our room (we changed rooms, but just to the cabin next door). That's why I would never book a B2B as a single ticket--I'd miss out on liquor purchases mid-trip.

Even when booking on a single ticket you just buy the liquor during the first leg. They hold it for you and then you go pick up your liquor the last night of that first segment. We did that on the Sun and we just did it last month on the Star on our b2b which was booked as one cruise on a single reservation.

Since NCL reads this board, anyone wanna bet this will be a topic of discussion in some board room?

Well, I first read about how to do this over three years ago here on CC and NCL hasn't done anything about it yet, even if they've discussed it.

• 2 months later...
If I am booked for back to back cruises with different cabins, will NCL deliver duty free alcohol purchases to my room on the last night if my first sailing or will they hold them until the last night of my second sailing?

To add a layer of confusion, my first sailing is a sixth man charter and the second is an NCL cruise.

Not quite sure how they would handle it.

I was just coming here to ask the same question (and for the same 2 cruises - TRB and LLF, I take?)

Thanks!

Since NCL reads this board, anyone wanna bet this will be a topic of discussion in some board room?

Even if they are discussing it, you are buying the liquor from them already, and not smuggling it on board from another source. I guess it's better to get half a loaf than none at all.

Another note if your planning on breaking the rules and drinking your duty free on board the second week you will need to pack up your luggage (booze inside) and have your cabin steward move your luggage to new cabin other wise if you take booze off with you you run the risk of having it confiscated.

What rule is being broken? You can't buy duty free and take it back to your room for consumption- they didn't (unless of course they have to take their luggage off and then back on). You can't bring liquor on board for consumption- they didn't. By golly, I believe we've found a loophole!;) (and as garycarla said the numbers of passengers doing this is very small).

Edited by sparks1093

On our Jade B2B 2.5 years ago they were wise to this. It may have been down to the fact we were in the same cabin for both trips but, more likely, one trip had duty-free (Adriatic), one trip did not (Greek islands).

We bought on the first night and did not get the spoils until the very last night.