Soda and Water

smarks

Royal have a very strict alcohol policy and won't let you buy a bottle to drink in the cabin or to bring onboard. If you buy in the ports it gets taken from you and returned on the last night. I believe you can take two bottles of wine onboard at the port you embark at. Last week on Adventure I noticed a sign saying no drinks to be brought onboard but I don't know if that is enforced so strictly. I have bought Pepsi and taken that on as they only sell Coca Cola.

Yes, you can take two bottles of wine on with you when you board - put them in your carry on, not your checked luggage. If you put them in your checked luggage you can probably expect to be called to the 'naughty room':p.

Water and soda are hit or miss. It can vary depending on the port you are embarking from, and even sometimes the time of year:eek:. Best you can do is to take a case of water - still sealed in the manufacturers shrink wrap- and slap a luggage tag on it, hand it off to the porters and hope;). Some have reported success with taking soda through the check-in line in a soft sided cooler. I'd say you have about a 50/50 shot of getting them through - just be prepared:D.

Now, beyond that, for the soda the soda card is relatively cheap (about $6.50 per day for an adult I believe) and very convenient. On our first cruise we did the smuggle aboard thing and I found it very inconvenient to have to keep going to our cabin to get our alcohol and/or soda. Just saying - I'm on vacation to relax, not trek back and forth to the cabin:rolleyes:.

HTH

The specific policy regarding wine to be brought on board is 2 bottles maximum of 750ml per stateroom at original embarkation only.

Any other alcohol or wine purchased at a port of call after original embarkation will be held by the ship and returned on the final night prior to disembarkation.

As mentioned no bottles of liquor can be purchased on board for consumption in your stateroom. Only the wine originally brought on board can be consumed in your stateroom. You of course can bring any glass of wine, alcoholic drink, or bottle / can of beer purchased at the bars on board to your stateroom.

Edited to add: You can also take your wine to the MDR at dinner if you like, but it will be subject to a $25 corkage fee. (This would be true with bottles taken to any venue that sells alcohol). But you can certainly take a glass of wine with you anywhere on the ship - including the MDR for dinner - at no charge.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

For water, it must be in the original plastic wrap from the store, NOT individual bottles. Yes some people can make it through with the single bottles but those are the ones that are supposed to be trashed. As for soda, Royal is a Coke ship so if you are going to die without Pepsi products, you can bring some on ship...again in original plastic or top plastic grips, not single bottles. Big rule is you cannot turn it over to porters like you used to do. YOU are responsible for getting it to your cabin. We get it through security and then, place it is a wheeled empty carry on sized luggage, that we save and use just for the water/soda. IF you have a baby using formula please, try this as it works great!!!We have kept the water all together and the formula in the bottom of a diaper bag....we have also used this when NOT traveling with infant over the summer and it worked in Baltimore and in Miami. Other posts have stated the wine and other alcohol very clearly, so I won't go there. Have a great cruise.

I have just been on a Royal Caribbean transatlantic cruise on Independence Of The Seas and took bottles of water and soda with me and that was allowed with no problems.I also purchased further supplies at the Caribbean and that was fine too.This has been the case with several Royal Caribbean ships I have travelled on.I don't drink alcohol,but I have saw other passengers having there take on supplies confiscated.

I wish Royal would carry Pepsi, since they don't, I carry on a 12 pack of cans in a backpack. If I need more, I just replenish at one of the ports.

Never been confiscated, except one time I had an open bottle of Pepsi and had to toss it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app