New Captain's Club Press Release is Here

CruisingChick

Nobody will lose any of the benefits they already have.

They are not taking away anything from anyone, in any category.

What the new system is changing is the way that people will advance to higher tier levels in the future.

Some are expressing disappointment because it will now take them longer to reach the next level than they had previously anticipated.

And some are expressing disappointment because they feel the new perks are "meh". Perhaps they should have given a free cruise to all those who really, really feel they deserve it.:rolleyes: some will never be satisfied.

you know last year before our cruise I could not log in as I could not remember my password or the email I used and they could not help reopen it and I was not allowed to open another-so that is a moot point. I have to get that info from my TA.

Okay, I called and checked, since I cannot get in my account on the Celebrity site, I talked to a Celebrity person who was able to give me info after she verified my birth date and address. We will be 10 points below "elite" after this next cruise.

We were considering several options for 2015, a Baltic, or maybe a repositoning Hawaii to Vancouver. We can't afford to do both, that is for sure, but either one, we thought with "elite" status it would be better for us to go either with Celebrity or RCI for whichever vacation we finally decided upon. Oh well. now we may just do either a land Hawaii trip or a northern Europe land tour and forget a cruise. Or we may just go with another line. I found a nice Hawaii repositioning on Pacific Princess for Sept. 2014. I guess we can do it a few months earlier if we decide we want to go by way of cruise one way.

Now we will probably keep this cruise booked since concierge on the Connie is a larger balcony room and our daughter is with us and we booked it for a great price considering we would get a better balcony room but I am still upset about this.

Very disconcerting! I had nine credits and was booked and paid on my next cruise (February). Yes they gave me some additional points, but alas, as it is a five day cruise I will still be a few short of Elite. It's a bummer because one does look forward to hitting that milestone, and as of a month ago, I would have been there. They only needed to give me 2 more points to make it, but no!!! Oh well, just have to cruise again I guess!

Very disconcerting! I had nine credits and was booked and paid on my next cruise (February). Yes they gave me some additional points, but alas, as it is a five day cruise I will still be a few short of Elite. It's a bummer because one does look forward to hitting that milestone, and as of a month ago, I would have been there. They only needed to give me 2 more points to make it, but no!!! Oh well, just have to cruise again I guess!

I know the feeling. it won't stop me from crusting Celebrity, but I will not be as apt to book with them either.