New Captain's Club Press Release is Here

CruisingChick

Nothing taken away from Elite:

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package (can be applied towards most larger Internet packages)

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Elegant tea invitation

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

I don't seen Priority Tender Tickets on the list? That's one of the benefits I value the most. Anyone have any information?

I may be reading between the lines but it looks to me like they are going to close Michaels Club to everyone except Zenith members perhaps like Diamond Lounges on Royal.

Why would they close Michael's Club for Zenith when there will probably be only a few on each cruise, and the fact that they will already have the premium beverage package? :confused:

And heerrre we go!!!!

Let the b!+&%ing, second guessing, how come they didn't...., they should have..... begin!!!!

I agree, people either don't understand what they are reading or they jump to conclusions. I am elite and don't expect to get any higher, so I'm happy with the benefits I receive. If some people received the SHIP as a benefit they would complain that it should have been painted. So X can't please everyone.

Robes are by cabin category, have you read all levels' benefits? They accumulate up each category, coupons start at Classic.

But wait…how could I missed this one over the years, or is it new?

Complimentary Gelato? :)

Have I missed it too? I saw the gelato on the Classic list. It is offered to all levels?

M

Going forward - starting today - if you sail in a veranda it's 3 points per night of the cruise. So a 7 night cruise in veranda = 21 points, 10 night cruise 30 points.

Since more points are earned for category and for longer cruises (up to 18 points per night), how many points per night for Aqua Class? I will need those extra points to make Select after my next cruise.

thanks

Since more points are earned for category and for longer cruises (up to 18 points per night), how many points per night for Aqua Class? I will need those extra points to make Select after my next cruise.

thanks

5 points per night

Why would they close Michael's Club for Zenith when there will probably be only a few on each cruise, and the fact that they will already have the premium beverage package? :confused:

Zenith members will probably be joined by VIP & Suite guests.

this what I am wondering. As select, I am 2 points away from elite. I have a 5 night cruise booked in concierge. Will that get me to elite NOW? This will make me mad if it doesn't. I do not mind them offering more tiers, that makes sense to reward those who have been so loyal, I will just resent it if they take THAT away from me.

Check your account. I am assuming you had 8 old points and they were converted to 240. Many people have posted that those relatively close to making Elite in one cruise were given some bonus points to make that still work. I have seen several posts where folks with 8 points got 25 bonus points making their total 265 and I'd guess that's were you are now. A 7-day cruise in CC or up would still make it to elite in one cruise. It looks like you may have just missed the threshold to still have your cruise take you to Elite because of the length of your cruise.

Many people over time have commented that shorter cruises getting the same points as longer (your 5-day cruise earned the same as an 11-day cruise) was not fair. It looks like Celebrity took that into consideration. If my assumptions are correct, you would need to upgrade to a sky suite to make Elite on your 5-day cruise.

Greetings

Here is more info if anyone is interested.

We are delighted to announce that we have enhanced our Captain’s Club program. We are adding two new tiers of status to strive for: Elite Plus and Zenith! Learn more here: http://*******/1dvZqUe

Additionally, we are hosting a Facebook Q&A with Lee Moreau, Director of Captain’s Club. Simply write your questions below, and Lee will be answering them this afternoon.

This is from Facebook. Don't know how many questions he will take, but I thought I would share.

Good Sailing

Tom

Anyone find an explanation of this;

In many cases, guests may automatically become charter members of Celebrity's new Elite Plus or Zenith tier. It is important to note that no current members will lose any of the benefits they have come to expect and enjoy today. Full program details are available at http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub.

I take it to mean that if you already have the appropriate number of credits as an Elite member you will become Elite Plus or Zenith automatically. So, if you had 25 or more credits accumulated, you will automatically become Elite Plus without needing to earn more credits, and if you already had 100 or more credits accumulated, you will automatically become Zenith.

Edited by boogs

I take it to mean that if you already have the appropriate number of credits as an Elite member you will become Elite Plus or Zenith automatically. So, if you had 25 or more credits accumulated, you will automatically become Elite Plus without needing to earn more credits, and if you already had 100 or more credits accumulated, you will automatically become Zenith.

That's what happened with us. Went to bed as an Elite with more than 25 points and woke up an Elite+ with those old points multiplied by 30.

That's a "Registred Copyright" symbol for "AquaClass", not a star (maybe your system not have the font for that)

Nothing taken away from Elite:

Elite Member Benefits*

(300-749 earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast

• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)

• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package (can be applied towards most larger Internet packages)

• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)

• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item

• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***

• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast

• Elegant tea invitation

• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡

Talked with Captains club & here is the way new points are earned per cruise day :

inside 7 outside cabins =2 points

veranda =3 points

concierge & blu =5 points

suites can generate up to 18 points

This is the new points system. All points are accrued Per Day of the cruise.

Inside/Ocean view 2 points

Veranda 3 points

Concierge/Aqua 5 points

Sky, Aqua and

Century Suite 8 points

Celebrity or

Signature Suite or

Royal Suite 12 points

Reflection or

Penthouse Suite 18 points

Hope this helps!

A Veranda is only worth 1 more point than an inside, really?

Does anyone know anything about this?

• Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)

It's a Zenith benefit but we are staying in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise and our hotel room probably won't be ready so we'd love to stay on board.

We're not Zenith and might be happy to pay for this but I can't find any info about this anywhere on the Celebrity website.

• Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)

It's a Zenith benefit but we are staying in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise and our hotel room probably won't be ready so we'd love to stay on board.

We're not Zenith and might be happy to pay for this but I can't find any info about this anywhere on the Celebrity website.

I thought it meant that you could delay getting off the ship until later in the day. ????

You need to log into Captain's Club and see what your new cruise point total is. It now takes 300 cruise points to reach Elite.

Your five night cruise will net you 25 points. Add that to the total showing and see if that gets you to or over 300.

you know last year before our cruise I could not log in as I could not remember my password or the email I used and they could not help reopen it and I was not allowed to open another-so that is a moot point. I have to get that info from my TA.

I thought it meant that you could delay getting off the ship until later in the day. ????

I knew that part.

My question is that it says it's complimentary for Zenith level passengers but I am not Zenith and would be willing to pay for it if I could find out ANYTHING about it.

I knew that part.

My question is that it says it's complimentary for Zenith level passengers but I am not Zenith and would be willing to pay for it if I could find out ANYTHING about it.

I believe it's only available in certain ports (cities) and not in the United States.

I really haven't read of many people that have taken advantage of it. I would love to know if people have done it.

Not sure what the cost is either. Sorry.

Maybe if you start a separate thread with the heading - Extend Your Stay in the title you may be able to find some one that has used it.

Nobody will lose any of the benefits they already have.

They are not taking away anything from anyone, in any category.

What the new system is changing is the way that people will advance to higher tier levels in the future.

Some are expressing disappointment because it will now take them longer to reach the next level than they had previously anticipated.

What the new system is changing is the way that people will advance to higher tier levels in the future.

Some are expressing disappointment because it will now take them longer to reach the next level than they had previously anticipated.

Bingo, you nailed it!

BILL

Bingo!!!!! Now if some will just take the time to read this and understand it. I would like one person who is complaining to tell us that they lost their "current" status with X. The biggest reason for this change. as you posted was to slow down the advancement to the higher tiers. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Edited by cruisingator2

No, the disappointment is giving bonus points to some and ignoring their more loyal customers. We ALL want to feel valued.