Picture Heavy Majesty of the Seas Review

I watched her too, boy was it dark early this time, couldn't make out many people on the secret balconies, hope the spring trips sun has returned to a higher location on the horizon so we can be seen;)

Thanks for this knowledgeable review...got lots of tips!

I want to try to capture some sunset pictures now! Probably need a new camera :D So excited for my first cruise! Thanks again for sharing your pictures!!

You may not need a new camera.I had an old point and shoot from Sony and one from Panasonic that did pretty good jobs at sunset pics. Three things to remember 1. Slow shutter speed (or pick a pre-set sunset option on you camera - some have this) 2. rest your camera on a tripod or something solid like a hand rail, garbage can 3. no flash.

Oh, one other thing, I see so many people turn their backs once the sun disappears. Some of the nicest night time skies you'll ever see occur after the sun sets. Hang around. Here's a good example of one I took over a local river long after the sun had set. There were a couple people taking pictures who disappeared as soon as the set set. They missed a nice opportunity.

9139369606_734cb9722a_b.jpg

Oh yeah, one last thing - practice.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

We drove down to Port Everglades today to get some shots of the five ships leaving but it was way too windy to walk to the rocks from secret public parking spots we know. So I parked at a gap between the houses lining the channel where this a sightline to the ships but trees interfere. As Oasis floated by all lit up with her lights on I could see dozens of flashes going off taking pictures of the houses from 17 stories up and 400-500 feet away. GAAHHH:eek::eek:

As long as those photos create some good memories for the folks taking them then I would say its all good.

You may not need a new camera.I had an old point and shoot from Sony and one from Panasonic that did pretty good jobs at sunset pics. Three things to remember 1. Slow shutter speed (or pick a pre-set sunset option on you camera - some have this) 2. rest your camera on a tripod or something solid like a hand rail, garbage can 3. no flash.

Oh, one other thing, I see so many people turn their backs once the sun disappears. Some of the nicest night time skies you'll ever see occur after the sun sets. Hang around. Here's a good example of one I took over a local river long after the sun had set. There were a couple people taking pictures who disappeared as soon as the set set. They missed a nice opportunity.

9139369606_734cb9722a_b.jpg

Oh yeah, one last thing - practice.

Thank You for the tips!! Beautiful picture!