Post Cruise Lodging --- Why??

'The Bear'

Inquiring minds want to Know -----

While filling out cruise registration for our January 17th Maasdam cruise, HAL requested our Post Cruise Lodging details. I don't remember being asked this on previous cruises (but I am ageing and forgetful ;)) The only reason that I can fathom for this is in case of lost or unclaimed luggage, but they already have our home address.

In our case, and I know that we aren't the only ones, we happen to be driving north towards home, and haven't made firm reservations.

Is there any other reasons for requiring this info ------- am I missing something!!

Inquiring minds want to Know -----

While filling out cruise registration for our January 17th Maasdam cruise' date=' HAL requested our Post Cruise Lodging details. I don't remember being asked this on previous cruises (but I am ageing and forgetful ;)) The only reason that I can fathom for this is in case of lost or unclaimed luggage, but they already have our home address.

In our case, and I know that we aren't the only ones, we happen to be driving north towards home, and haven't made firm reservations.

Is there any other reasons for requiring this info ------- am I missing something!![/quote']

Hi there!! In the days when we used to drive to Florida to take our cruises, we had to fill in the address of our motel for the first night after the cruise, when we filled out the online registration. We always took it that US immigration wanted to know this info.

Just figure out how far you will get the first day and reserve just one night of your return trip. That will keep them happy.

When we arrived in Fort Lauderdale last November at the end of our cruise we had to supply information about our first night hotel because we weren't flying out until the next day.

It seems to be a pretty standard requirement.

Nice for you to have a cruise to take after Christmas. You are getting a nasty snowstorm tomorrow night so you can get through it by thinking nice cruise thoughts. :)

Thanks folks ----- it must be a TSA/Customs requirement!

Actually I'll be staying at a friend's condo in Indialantic for a few days, and I don't know the address. I can drive to it but I've never noted the address, and the owner is on the road driving down there, as we speak.

I'll run him down by email tonight.

Sapper --- We've had a couple of snow storms already, with snow still on the ground, and its frigid today!! Thank goodness I can have warm thoughts of my cruise in less than 2 months!!