Oasis Boardwalk Balcony Rm 10293

MsViola

We were lucky enough to get a guarantee neighborhood balcony room for a total increase of only $100. I was hoping to get a room in central park but I am happy I was able to upgrade from a CP view room to a balcony at such a great price.

Has anyone been in room 10293 or close to it? Is the bed near the balcony? Can you see the shows at the Aquatheater? Is it noisy? Is there anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance for your help. I can't wait to sail in January.

Missy

Something that people normally won't tell you is that there is no privacy in the boardwalk or Central Park balconies. You can see straight across into the cabins across the way. If you want privacy your curtain needs to b pulled over. If you sit on your balcony in your pjs drinking coffee in the morning everyone on the ship will see you. Up on the sports deck you can look down and see people in there cabins as well. Not very appealing to my husband and I that's why we prefer the ocean view balcony. Between the boardwalk and Central Park cabins Central Park is alot more quite. Boardwalk is great if you want to have a view for the aqua theater and feel like you are involved in the excitement of the ship.

Haven't been in that one but have been mid to all the way aft. You will not have a very good view of the aqua show. You wil see what is going on but it will not be a good substitute for being in the theatre being that far back. You will not have noise (in my experience) with your balcony door shut but when you are outside you will certainly hear the action of the boardwalk. We personally like that aspect of it. We never found the privacy thing to be of a concern. The nice thing is you are much closer to the elevators. Being all the way aft makes for a very long walk every time you need to go to your cabin. You will appreciate being closer to the elevators and that is coming from someone that doesn't mind the long walks. Overall, it is very nice to have a balcony, see the boardwalk and some views of the ocean, and you will be able to see the large movie screens. I really don't see how you won't enjoy it. Just remember, there are pros and cons to every location and cabin type so enjoy the new experience.

That's great that you know what cabin you will be in. When did they assign it? We also bought a neighborhood balcony guaranteed. We sail out on 8 Feb. Hope to hear something soon.

Have a great trip!:)

We upgraded last Friday and they assigned us yesterday. It only took four days. I was pleasantly suprised. :)

We booked a guarantee room and got a CP room, I would have much rather had a BW room!

Cp was very hot most of the time!

Have you called to see if you can change?

Perhaps I should stay in the Boardwalk area and try to move where I can see the aquatheater better. Hmmm........ I just loved the way central park looked, especially at night.

Haven't been in that one but have been mid to all the way aft. You will not have a very good view of the aqua show. You wil see what is going on but it will not be a good substitute for being in the theatre being that far back. You will not have noise (in my experience) with your balcony door shut but when you are outside you will certainly hear the action of the boardwalk. We personally like that aspect of it. We never found the privacy thing to be of a concern. The nice thing is you are much closer to the elevators. Being all the way aft makes for a very long walk every time you need to go to your cabin. You will appreciate being closer to the elevators and that is coming from someone that doesn't mind the long walks. Overall, it is very nice to have a balcony, see the boardwalk and some views of the ocean, and you will be able to see the large movie screens. I really don't see how you won't enjoy it. Just remember, there are pros and cons to every location and cabin type so enjoy the new experience.

Thanks for the info. I can hardly wait!

Something that people normally won't tell you is that there is no privacy in the boardwalk or Central Park balconies. You can see straight across into the cabins across the way. If you want privacy your curtain needs to b pulled over. If you sit on your balcony in your pjs drinking coffee in the morning everyone on the ship will see you. Up on the sports deck you can look down and see people in there cabins as well. Not very appealing to my husband and I that's why we prefer the ocean view balcony. Between the boardwalk and Central Park cabins Central Park is alot more quite. Boardwalk is great if you want to have a view for the aqua theater and feel like you are involved in the excitement of the ship.

Thank you. I wish I could be in a cabin where I could experience both neighborhoods. Guess I will have to sail on Oasis twice. :)

Yes..When we were in the CL on Oasis recently we could see right onto some of those Boardwalk balconies...It was a bit strange at what a lack of privacy they have.

Yes..When we were in the CL on Oasis recently we could see right onto some of those Boardwalk balconies...It was a bit strange at what a lack of privacy they have.

At the risk of sounding "unlearned" :o, what does CL stand for??

Concierge Lounge. It's a perk for full suite guests and D+/Pinnacle members in Crown & Anchor.

Thank you! I'm working on getting to that status. It may take me awhile since I like to ship hop, but I will get there. :)