MS Prisendam Sail-Away-Nov 26, 2013

aliaschief

Thanks...grandkids are the best! Spent the afternoon playing Mickey Mouse Monopoly with her 6 year old brother!

Yes they are! My grandsons are all grown up now (22 and 19) and I really miss those days. So glad we spent lots of time with them because it goes so fast. I have 6 younger grandchildren in England, but I don't see them often enough.:(

Edited by startwin

Very nice, Sheila. Who's cooking it?

In the freezer it'll go! I already bought two turkey breasts and her MIL is also roasting a turkey...so we have more than enough for Thursday. I am making chestnut and sausage stuffing, cranberry salad, green bean casserole (a semi healthy version), pecan pie...and bringing olives I bought in Spain and wine I brought home from Italy and Spain. ;)

Yes they are! My grandsons are all grown up now (22 and 19) and I really miss those days. So glad we spent lots of time with them because it goes so fast. I have 6 younger grandchildren in England, but I don't see them often enough.:(

They do grow up way too fast. Do you go over to England to visit?

That food sounds yummy. We'll be celebrating both Thanksgiving and Hanukkah on Thursday. First we'll eat all the turkey and trimmings, then light the menorah when it gets dark, and give the kids their presents. It's the first time these two holidays fall on the same day and it won't happen again in our lifetime.

That food sounds yummy. We'll be celebrating both Thanksgiving and Hanukkah on Thursday. First we'll eat all the turkey and trimmings, then light the menorah when it gets dark, and give the kids their presents. It's the first time these two holidays fall on the same day and it won't happen again in our lifetime.

Awesome!

Startwin, Do you ever rent a flat or somewhere to stay in England? DH's cousins are all in the London/Surrey area, and I'd like to get a place for a month or so, because they're all getting to old to really welcome guests for any length of time.

Edited by Vict0riann

Very, very nice. What a wonderful memory for everyone....

I am the world's worst cook and hate to cook but for whatever reason I like to watch "The Chew". Today's show was on "Thanksgivukkah". They showed some really yummy items.

Do you ever rent a flat or somewhere to stay in England? DH's cousins are all in the London/Surrey area, and I'd like to get a place for a month or so, because they're all getting to old to really welcome guest for any length of time.

No, we usually use our air miles to book a hotel (Holiday Inn Express is close by). But if I was going for longer at a time, I would rent an apartment and there are quite a few sites on the net that you can check out. Just google holiday or short-term rentals in (town). At one time when we went in the summer, we rented a caravan in Weymouth for 2 weeks. It was great, we actually felt like we had a vacation!:D

(Note - we do not stay with the family - six kids and 2 dogs in a 3 bedroom house, no way! But if I go on my own, I stay with my sister).

Edited by startwin

I am the world's worst cook and hate to cook but for whatever reason I like to watch "The Chew". Today's show was on "Thanksgivukkah". They showed some really yummy items.

I read that some mother coined that term a while ago when they realized the two holidays would fall on the same day and it "stuck".

No, we usually use our air miles to book a hotel (Holiday Inn Express is close by). But if I was going for longer at a time, I would rent an apartment and there are quite a few sites on the net that you can check out. Just google holiday or short-term rentals in (town). At one time when we went in the summer, we rented a caravan in Weymouth for 2 weeks. It was great, we actually felt like we had a vacation!:D

(Note - we do not stay with the family - six kids and 2 dogs in a 3 bedroom house, no way! But if I go on my own, I stay with my sister).

Of, course, if we go through the Panama Canal in April of 2015, we may have to put England off until after the summer! :D