Royal Princess 11/17-11/24 Cruise Pictures

Guest arowe6

Thanks for sharing Andrew. What kind of camera are shooting with?

Anything that looks edited was just with my iPhone. I also have a cheap Nikon point-and-shoot and my big Nikon D3100. I love my big camera, but I'm still a little leery about bringing it to ports. God forbid I drop it, or it gets stolen. So I try to use my iPhone or point-in-shoot while wandering around.

-Andrew :)

Nice pictures. Which camera did you use for the panorama shots?

Question on Flickr - We need a new web sharing site since Webshots went bye-bye. When you use Flickr, how do you upload the photos so they are shown in the correct sequence? And how do you handle having panoramas, vertical and horizontals in the same mix?

Thanks

Edited by The Big Booper

Anything that looks edited was just with my iPhone. I also have a cheap Nikon point-and-shoot and my big Nikon D3100. I love my big camera, but I'm still a little leery about bringing it to ports. God forbid I drop it, or it gets stolen. So I try to use my iPhone or point-in-shoot while wandering around.

Andrew (and Brad) thanks for the great photos- I am especially fond of the night shots in FL. No-there's nowhere more exciting for the cruiser than Port Everglades

when you are holding a ticket to sail. I love it there but dwell on the beach in the Marriott and don't explore much.

I hope you integrate the photos into your next review...I miss the captions and the wit, preferring to savor each shot rather than scroll.

I look forward to your next cruise and will now go back in time with your previous reviews.

Cheers! You look like a couple of cool fun guys.

Norris

Nice pictures. Which camera did you use for the panorama shots?

Question on Flickr - We need a new web sharing site since Webshots went bye-bye. When you use Flickr, how do you upload the photos so they are shown in the correct sequence? And how do you handle having panoramas, vertical and horizontals in the same mix?

Thanks

Hi there,

I Use my iPhone for all the panoramic shots. Not sure about the older ones, but the 5s has a built-in panoramic feature. Otherwise, there are apps that can do the same function. Assuming you have an iPhone..

I LOVE flickr. It's all I use. Free accounts give you a ton of free space too (1 terabyte). I upload all my photos into "sets" which are basically an album of photos. Each of my cruises have their own set. Within the set, you can "batch edit" all your photos. This means that you can organize them by date taken, date modified, date edited. Etc. I just make sure the dates are correct on all my cameras so I can arrange them accordingly. You are also able to drag and drop individual photos to a different order, add tags, set permissions, etc. The panoramics, verticals and horizontals arrange themselves automatically. I don't have any control over how flickr displays them, just the order in which they're displayed.

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I Use my iPhone for all the panoramic shots. Not sure about the older ones, but the 5s has a built-in panoramic feature. Otherwise, there are apps that can do the same function. Assuming you have an iPhone..

I LOVE flickr. It's all I use. Free accounts give you a ton of free space too (1 terabyte). I upload all my photos into "sets" which are basically an album of photos. Each of my cruises have their own set. Within the set, you can "batch edit" all your photos. This means that you can organize them by date taken, date modified, date edited. Etc. I just make sure the dates are correct on all my cameras so I can arrange them accordingly. You are also able to drag and drop individual photos to a different order, add tags, set permissions, etc. The panoramics, verticals and horizontals arrange themselves automatically. I don't have any control over how flickr displays them, just the order in which they're displayed.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a try.

Thanks Andrew!

I was a big webshots person too and don't really love Flikr. Hmmm.

I like discreet albums like Webshots had. All the on-line services are now catering to the Facebook generation with massive jumbles of pictures. From Andrew's group it seemed to handle different orientations correctly and let him change the sequencing of pictures after uploading.