Differences in the Behind the Scenes tours

Mutumbojimbo

We're cruising on the Breeze next week and taking our boys on the Paradise in January. From what I've heard, the tour is considerably cheaper on the Fantasy class ships. What could/would I see on the Breeze to justify the extra money?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Larger ship, more areas to explore, more gimmees at the end.

When it first started the we did the tour on the Paradise. Received a ball cap, lanyard, pix. On the Splendor a backpack and other things were included. The Splendor tour also went to the steakhouse and the photog areas.

Larger ship, more areas to explore, more gimmees at the end.

When it first started the we did the tour on the Paradise. Received a ball cap, lanyard, pix. On the Splendor a backpack and other things were included. The Splendor tour also went to the steakhouse and the photog areas.

Thank you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are just off the Fantasy and did the BTF tour.

We went to the:

crew bar/library area

the bow of the ship (where the bell is)

the bridge (the captain and senior staff)

the dressing rooms (Playlist Production Dance Captain)

the stage (the show tech)

the wine/beer storage area

the food prep area below deck

the galley (with chef)

the laundry (crew member in charge of laundry)

crew galley

crew resource center (Human Resources)

I-95

We got a hat, picture with the captain on the bridge, a lanyard, and a plate of goodies from the chef.

The longer tour is more in depth, goes to more areas, and you get more "goodies" at the end. For example, from the Fascination (short tour) I have a group picture of the whole tour on the bridge. From the Pride (longer tour) I have the group picture AND and individual picture with the Captain at the ship's wheel. I enjoyed both, but the longer tour felt less rushed and we were able to see things like the photography lab and backstage of the theatre more in depth. We also spent much longer on the bridge but that could have been that particular Captain.

We went to the:

crew bar/library area

the galley (with chef)

crew galley

I-95

We got a hat, picture with the captain on the bridge, a lanyard, and a plate of goodies from the chef.

That's similar to ours on the Inspiration.

We started in the Galley (wouldn't you know we'd stand next to the toasters where all the different breads are being toasted!) and met Chef Jorg. He told us all about the workings and the various responsibilities of each kitchen staff member. You got to see all the main menu items pictured on the wall. I even got to carry a tray with 12 covered (empty) plates during a server safety demo. At the end of the galley tour, we each got a chocolate-covered strawberry. :-)

We went through all the crew areas (except for their actual stateroom quarters)...we did get to see photos, though. While in one of the crew lounges, I noticed a CCL sign honoring those employees who were affected by the situation in the Philippines by giving them free texts (incoming and outgoing) and heavily reduced phone rates for a certain time (think until the end of Nov.). WTG, CCL.

We also went down to the electrical control room where Arnold from Croatia would tell us about all the mechanics involved from everything pertaining to air conditioning to ship stabilization to fresh water conversion. Zzzzz. LOL...actually the facts are fascinating!!

Met the captain, saw other parts of the ship, walked by infirmary (regular insurance applies if you need medical attention), backstage, costume room, Paris Lounge stage, chatted with head dance team member.

Got picture with Captain, hat, lanyard, fun facts-filled brochure including the recipe for the WCMC and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries delivered later that evening.

Our tour was $55. We signed up immediately upon embarking on Friday. The tour was Sunday morning at 9:15.

Enjoy!

Is it true you can't take pictures during the tour? Is that the entire tour or just certain areas (like the bridge)?

It IS true. No cameras or cell phones. We met in the Library. Before we left there to start the tour, security checked each of us with the handheld detector. They don't mess around!

It IS true. No cameras or cell phones. We met in the Library. Before we left there to start the tour, security checked each of us with the handheld detector. They don't mess around!

Security for the tour was more strenuous than security to get on the ship. We had a guard with us the entire time we were on the tour. No one brought a phone to the tour meeting, but two people in our group did walk around with Tervis' full of coffee for the whole tour. I was surprised they got to take them.

Can you book the tour beforehand, or only onboard the ship?

You can only book on the ship. The best thing to do is book as soon as you get on board because it does fill up. If they get enough interest, they'll do two tours with 16 people, but it's not guaranteed.

Security for the tour was more strenuous than security to get on the ship. We had a guard with us the entire time we were on the tour. No one brought a phone to the tour meeting, but two people in our group did walk around with Tervis' full of coffee for the whole tour. I was surprised they got to take them.

You can only book on the ship. The best thing to do is book as soon as you get on board because it does fill up. If they get enough interest, they'll do two tours with 16 people, but it's not guaranteed.

I made the mistake of drinking too much coffee before the tour began... I had to break away and go to the bathroom… But the tour continued... The guide told me where they would be... Fortunately, I didn't miss anything! LOL!

We went to the:

crew bar/library area

the galley (with chef)

crew galley

I-95

Thats exactly what we did on the Destiny both times we were on here. and got the same things ( with the recipe for the WCMC):D!

I've done the BTF tours on Fantasy class and Spirit class. They take at least 3 hours. I really enjoyed the peek into the laundry, storage lockers, crew training center.

Here's a hint, if there are 15 average sized folks on the tour, do not get into one elevator. There were 16 of us packed on and of course the elevator got stuck. It was hot, and scary. They only person that didn't get on was the tour guide. No apology's were handed out either.

We were stuck about 15 minutes that sure seemed like 3 hours. There was moisture dripping down the walls just from us breathing. There is no air in there.

never again will I cram into an elevator when there's more than a handful of people on.

(shudder)