Free Cruise is Back

WmFCoyote

I believe as I read it, it applies to designated five day cruises out of Fort Lauderdale also, (as well as 3 and 4 day getaways) such as Ruby Jan. 13 departure. Could someone verify that?

Yes, l am booked on the Ruby for a 5 day cruise on Jan 18. Once that cruise is complete, l can then apply the credit to a cruise l have booked for June 2014. My TA verified the information for me.

We are on one of the "free cruises" in January and since it is only 5 days considering doing a b2b, can we combine the fcc for one 7 day or longer or does it have to be two more cruises. not sure we will have time for two by the end of the year as we are doing a 14 day in Oct.

I asked Princess directly those questions. According to Princess, you can combine multiple 100% FCC cruises or you can use them on multiple 7+ day cruises in 2014. You can NOT split one of the FCC onto two 7+ day sailing in 2014. The gal I talked to said she had been asked that same question the day before and she had gotten the answer from her supervisor so she was sure. I got her name and contact info in case there was any issues.

So we are booked two of the 100% FCC and plan to apply it to a 28 day sailing in 2014. Snagged one suite and one premium balcony before they were gone on the two Jan getaways.

So we are booked two of the 100% FCC and plan to apply it to a 28 day sailing in 2014. Snagged one suite and one premium balcony before they were gone on the two Jan getaways.

This is exactly what we have; suite on January 13th; premium balcony on January 18th. Isn't this fun? :D

We're on the Ruby on the 18th which we had booked in October, so this was a pleasant surprise. Now we're kind of sorry that we had the Emerald Jan. 8th trip paid for because we could have cruised on 4 and 5 day b2b's for the whole month of January.

There are a couple of suites available for the 9th and 13th (I grabbed one!) Run do not walk and grab the other.

You were lucky! We already had one for the 9th, but none available when we booked for the 13th and 18th. Quickly called for the one on the 13th, when I got them on the phone they had pulled it, sounded like they were doing the guarantees. Rats! Did go on a waitlist, will see what happens. And watch the website closely.

Thanks for the heads up.

You were lucky! We already had one for the 9th, but none available when we booked for the 13th and 18th. Quickly called for the one on the 13th, when I got them on the phone they had pulled it, sounded like they were doing the guarantees. Rats! Did go on a waitlist, will see what happens. And watch the website closely.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sure. I got it switched over successfully. I haunt the Internet … I'm an admin on Wikipedia so I am on quite a lot ...

And I got the January 4 switched to a suite too. Wandered by my computer at 4 am … checked it for the heck of it and there was a suite available, and put it on hold … just called Princess and got it all taken care of. For a balcony boy, I will be living the high life this trip!

And I got the January 4 switched to a suite too. Wandered by my computer at 4 am … checked it for the heck of it and there was a suite available, and put it on hold … just called Princess and got it all taken care of. For a balcony boy, I will be living the high life this trip!

Well good for you. Are you aft? We're aft in one on the emerald deck and look forward to the short stay there.

I apologize if this has been asked - we have two cabins on the Ruby Dec 22 cruise that we booked in October...is this cruise eligible for the free credit and if so do i have to do anything to get it?

thanks in advance...

It is not. Only the December 18 and those in January (i.e., off-peak) on the Ruby are eligible.

Friends of mine have the 12/18 Ruby booked and did not know/get the free cruise deal. What do they have to do to get it?

It was the December 14 sailing of Ruby Princess, not December 18:

https://book.princess.com/html/global/cruisedeals/100getaways/

Everyone on the ship who booked before 12/31 will get the future cruise credit, they don't have to "do" anything to get it.

You can buy as many as you want, as my cousin Frank just told you. I never have less than 6 on hand; three each. Some snafu happened with your submission. Next month fill out the form and give it to the FC consultant personally. And tell him/her what happened.

Pia, I know I could phone Princess, but maybe this is a useful Q&A to post.

I guess I am not clear after reading a few posts in this thread if we buy multiple FCD's (or FCC older terminology), can they all be applied against one single booking. In the past, we've just done the $100 each, but I could put down 3/4/5 hundred each if it gets me 3/4/5 OBC's at $25 each.

That seems too simple, however, as it would be like buying next year's cruise in full to max OBC's on a single cruise. My guess is you are buying multiples because you might be booking 3 cruises at once.

Thanks and maybe I will meet you in FEB on the EMERALD.

You can use as many future cruise deposits (FCDs) as you want at a time, but each passenger will only get OBCs for the first one, and you only need one each to meet the deposit, so there isn't really a point to using more than one per person per cruise.

The future cruise credits (FCCs) from this promotion can be stacked together (so if you do a $399 cruise and then a $499 cruise, you can use them both for a 7 day $1299 cruise, for example), and can also be used with a FCD for the deposit and OBC.