When do excursions show up

MNLIvin

We are booked on our first Princess cruise for next Oct from England to Houston. The first stop is in France and being a bit of a history buff and a veteran I would like to see the Omaha beach area etc. I am trying to find something in a private tour but not having much luck so far so I checked the Princess site and there are no excursions shown yet. From your experience will there be some or do you think not?

I've seen some posted a year out, others not till 3-4 months out. Check and see what is generally offered on your cruise (I.e., go on the website and search your sailing; the excursions they typically offer should be there even if they're not showing up on your personalizer).

I just checked and they do (typically) offer a 10.5 hour Normandy landing beaches tour. Best guess is they will for your sailing as well.

Edited by Cauzneffct

We are booked on our first Princess cruise for next Oct from England to Houston. The first stop is in France and being a bit of a history buff and a veteran I would like to see the Omaha beach area etc. I am trying to find something in a private tour but not having much luck so far so I checked the Princess site and there are no excursions shown yet. From your experience will there be some or do you think not?

Ability to book excursions on the Princess cruise personalizer can show up anytime starting from 6 months out. Not all ports may show up at the same time, but ports like leHarve will be running all summer so the tours should be there early on. To get an idea of the tours go to Princess.com, select your cruise as if you are going to book and then select the Ports & Excursions tab. You will see all the tours there. There are tours to Normandy, be prepared for a long day. Also suggest you visit the roll call for your cruise. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=181601

It is very active.

Yes they will have one. Here is the link from the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/excursion/exDetails.do?t=R&exType=S&tourCode=LEH-115

This will not show up in your personalizer just yet, but it is one of the regular tours offered for the Paris-Normandy-LeHavre port.

First, I suggest you join your roll call if you have not done so.

Then, I suggest that you review the roll calls for the Caribbean Princess in the summer of 2013 and for the Ruby Princess for 2014 for information on excursions people have booked in Le Havre. Both ships made/make stops in Le Havre about every 11 -12 days.

Overlord Tours is a good option for many for shore excursions (up to 8 people), however, they have just changed their cancellation policies if the ship does not make port. They still charge you and require you cover your own costs through your insurance. That is why we (party of 4) have decided to do the Princess excursion instead that was linked to below.

Edited by leavingocalaagain

Princess will offer one or more Normandy tours.

A sample of private tours:

http://www.viator.com/Bayeux-tours/Cultural-and-Theme-Tours/d909-g4?pref=204&aid=m1285

As others mentioned here, log into your roll call. The best tour experiences are arranged through roll calls.