SORRY coffee card question

putty27

We used several coffee card punches for ice cream treats at Gelato. They also had crepes for a coffee card punch which my wife loves but it was only available after 2:00PM so she never got it. Servings are large & splitting one may be enough for most of us.

Crepes. I missed that. Do you know what kind of crepes? (We will be back on the Royal in February so I will have a chance to try them!) And I am sure I will still have punches on my coffee card!

Crepes. I missed that. Do you know what kind of crepes? (We will be back on the Royal in February so I will have a chance to try them!) And I am sure I will still have punches on my coffee card!

Au Natural, A la Mode, Nutty Banana & Spiced Washington Apple.

I took a screen shot of the crepe menu (and many others) while viewing it on the excellent Royal@Sea intranet system because it was clearer than a photo.

image.jpg.9e2fe0c0e26295abb70668314a85e60a.jpg

One thing about the insulated cups sometimes sold as an add-on to the coffee card. The ones they are selling now are absolutely worthless...we wouldn't even spend a dollar for them. We do have cups that look very similar (until you see the difference in weight) that are 6 years old, used hundreds of times on ships and off, and still work fine. The ones we bought in May were absolute junk--the "guts" separate from the stainless skin, coming apart every time you take the top off. Bought and exchanged 2 on the ship, hoping for better results but the replacements were just as worthless. Ended up in the trash immediately upon returning home. A cheap lesson at $14 but a lesson learned.

My wife & I are coffee lovers, but only one cup per day we feel is sufficient caffeine. I must say being a lover of a "good latte" - we have never found a cruise ship, that made good coffee. Yes, it was passable.

Where we live in Qld, Australia, we have a barista I call "The Master" (well that's what I call him) He is passionate as to how he can produce the perfect coffee for his customers. He even changed the hole on the side of the steam pipe to get a "fine" froth, and is evenly distributed in the cup. He also gets "guest coffee" in every so often, for his patrons to try, eg. coffee from Mexico, Africa, Indonesia, etc.

If he was on a cruise ship, the passengers wouldn't let him go.

I think to have good coffee, you must have a barista that is passionate about making excellent coffee for his customers, and is not frightened in experimenting with the machine or various brews.

FYI, the "CP" is the Sea Princess. The Caribbean is "CB", Coral is "CO" and Crown is "KP." These are the Princess abbreviations and used on CC so people know which ship you're referring to.

I was just about to post a question about the abbreviations so I appreciate your explanation. Thanks!

You can but they will punch your old card for each brewed coffee you order as they do for specialty coffees. On the Star we used up 2 old cards that way and then purchased a new one from the Star for specialty brews. Have several punches left for brewed coffee in Feb!!

On the last 2 cruises, if you had a card, you got brewed coffee without a punch. Only for specialty drinks.

Well, that is just plain mean!

I cannot argue with that, as I am reminded every time I use the Coke cup. The only way to replace the missing mug is to buy one onboard.

Sad Steve

Dear Sad Steve,

You now must book a cruise to replace your stolen coffee mug. If it cannot be replaced, I may have an extra one laying around. While it is a bit used (and I realize it is bizarre for me to offer you a used coffee mug-- all of my mugs are used), I would be willing to send it your way.

Send me your address if you are interested in a used Princess coffee mug! (By the way, the "Princess" writing has been loved off of it!)

I hope my offer is not insulting!

Tracie-Lynn:)

tracie@carolina.rr.com

Thanx, Tracie, for your generous offer, but I would hate to deprive you of one of your mementos. Do not feel too bad for me. I have a china cup from Normandie I often use.

I was looking at some of the previous posts & it looks like the new & improved mugs are of poor quality. I'm reminded yet again of the old Yankee truism "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Steve

(see, you made me feel better already)

Thanx, Tracie, for your generous offer, but I would hate to deprive you of one of your mementos. Do not feel too bad for me. I have a china cup from Normandie I often use.

I was looking at some of the previous posts & it looks like the new & improved mugs are of poor quality. I'm reminded yet again of the old Yankee truism "If it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Steve

(see, you made me feel better already)

Glad I could help! I really do believe in recycling... (even if it is really, really weird to offer someone your used stainless steel coffee mug...):)