"Must Haves" for Documentation?

stitch81

I send my neighbors on either side and a close family member a copy of my itinerary and make sure they have each others phone numbers. I also make sure I have their phone numbers

Our neighbors do a lot for us We travel 3 or 4 weeks a year sometimes for extended periods not just a week.

I also make sure I have travel insurance documents info and numbers! Also numbers for all my tour guides and ground transport at home and abroad

Edited by Crusin6

Besides passports, driver's license, phone #s for credit card company, and copy of travel itinerary,...what else do you recommend for paperwork when taking a cruise?

Make copies of your passport and leave one with a relative or friend and bring one with you. You usually need a government issued id carried with you in port. I recommend a drivers liscense and keep the passport locked in the safe. I always bring a locking briefcase and keep a copies of our passports in it.

We will be getting the actual cruise tickets in the next week or so I think. Have to call the TA about that. Do they provide the luggage tags when you get your boarding passes?

And yes, the credit card company phone number is in case the card is lost or stolen.

We will be getting the actual cruise tickets in the next week or so I think. Have to call the TA about that. Do they provide the luggage tags when you get your boarding passes?

And yes, the credit card company phone number is in case the card is lost or stolen.

To the best of my knowledge, they don't issue cruise tickets any more. You just print your boarding pass online yourself. That's they way it's been for the last few cruises that we've taken. Log in to Carnival's site. Log in to your cruise booking number. To the right is a list of things to do. One of them will be print documents.

You also print your own luggage tags. They don't have to be in color either. You print them, fold the outside thirds into the center, then fold the whole thing over. We just print ours on card stock and cut the outside two thirds off. They're less bulky that way. Some people laminate them too, either with regular lamination or with packing tape. Then they punch a whole in them and tie them to the luggage handle.

We also call our credit card companies and let them know that we are traveling. They usually ask where to and what days. That way if unusual charges are made against the cards, they won't put a freeze on them. AMEX is the only one that doesn't require it.

Edited by RWolver672

i rarely check luggage anymore and travel with a 21 inch roll on and a tote but any luggage that is checked and we do have a large family so sometimes it is unavoidable, I always take a pix of the luggage usually with its owner standing next to it for identification purposes and send it to email. just in case

If you think of it, try to get a shot of your luggage items, laid out prior to packing. If the luggage goes missing, that will help you with insurance paperwork.

OP: If you have anyone 18-30, that might want to visit the disco, make sure they bring their driver's license. Security examines them closely, every time you enter the disco. Carrying a passport on ship is bulky, dressed up in dance clothes.

You dont need a apssport for open and closed loop cruises in the USA. only state issued ID.

A US citizen on a closed loop cruise may do so with a government issued birth certificate and a government issued photo ID. Open jaw sailing require a WHTI compliant document (passport, passport card, enhanced drivers license, etc.).

You dont need a apssport for open and closed loop cruises in the USA. only state issued ID.

You need proof of citizenship. A state id will only work if it is an EDL. Otherwise you need a passport, birth certificate or passcard, trusted traveler program card, or enhanced tribal card.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Be sure and notify your credit card company that you will be out of the country and where you will be each day. This helps in case charges start showing up from a port you left two days ago......

Your wrong ... for closed loop cruises you need both a birth certificate and a state issued photo I.D. As for other cruises you do need a passport.