Your best key west experience

Thebes

Is it close enough to the pier that I can walk with two children, or do I need a taxi?

The BF museum is on the far end of Duval Street, about a mile from the dock, if you are at Pier B. I'm lucky enough to live here in Key Paradise. Nothing is far - the down town area is only about 1 mile by 1 mile. The entire island is only 2 miles by 4 miles.

Have a wonderful time in Key West.

My best Key West experience was getting married there, then riding through the streets in a pedi-cab that was decorated with streamers and "just married" signs. Going to Mallory Square for sunset, then to Louie's Backyard for a wedding night dinner. :)

But we didn't arrive by cruise ship.

Key West is best at sunset and beyond -- after the cruise ships leave.

Daytime KW - I would opt for the trolley or a Conch Train for an overview, then wander the streets and shops, find a cozy spot for lunch or a libation. And as many others said, Key Lime Pie!

Unfortunately, Oceanwench is correct - Key West is best after the sun goes down.

My wife and I absolutely love the place. Lunch on the upstairs deck at Crabby Dick's, Dinner at Antonia's, drinks everywhere in-between.

One thing I did really enjoy that can be done while the cruise ship is in town is to take the jet ski tour around the island. Really fun. They go back into the submarine slips that were built, but never used, during WWII.

WE have only visited KW once many years ago We visited a butterfly shop and as we entered the staff attached a complimentary large cut out blue butterfly to us. I have them to this day on one of the bedroom walls flying above a mirror, a contant reminder of KW. The other place I remember vividly is the Wyland gallery, so many pieces we'd never seen before.

Sandy in Spain

Last year we decided to just walk - Key West is easy to get around - I think one can miss a lot when taking the Trolly...

Check this site out for walking tour info

http://oirf.org/page.php?p=pelican

If you want to try an off the beaten path restaurant....

Paseo - - bring an appetite...

Check it out on TA

The BF museum is on the far end of Duval Street, about a mile from the dock, if you are at Pier B. I'm lucky enough to live here in Key Paradise. Nothing is far - the down town area is only about 1 mile by 1 mile. The entire island is only 2 miles by 4 miles.

Have a wonderful time in Key West.

Maybe I can catch a cab there and walk back.

• 2 weeks later...
We booked through them directly. "Their" tour is 1 1/2 hours with hop on and off privileges. I also believe it is less expensive. However if you are concerned about the time by all means book your excursion through HAL.

Which trolley company did you go with? Cityview Trolley is the least expensive at $29pp or $20 online. But HAL's excursion is also $20pp and runs for 1 hour assuming you never get off.

I assume HAL is using Cityview (since Old Town is even more expensive at $34pp). Is ther an even cheaper option in KW?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bad day in Key West is better than a good day almost anywhere else :D

No argument from here. My faves in no particular order.

1. A daytime drink on a 2nd floor porch overlooking front street, preferably with a strawberry Daiquiri made with real strawberries, listening to a steel band.

2. The Hemingway House and cats

3. An evening in a Front St. bar with another strawberry Daiquri or two where the house band plays near the door and people are dancing in the streets.

We have enjoyed the trolley tour, the Fisher Museum and love roaming the streets and having a nice lunch. I always enjoy our stay in Key West....... fun place. :)

Have a piece of key lime pie, frozen on a stick and dipped in dark chocolate. Delicious!

Was that from the Key Lime Pie Factory? If so, we know the owners, Bill & Robin.

Which trolley company did you go with? Cityview Trolley is the least expensive at $29pp or $20 online. But HAL's excursion is also $20pp and runs for 1 hour assuming you never get off.

I assume HAL is using Cityview (since Old Town is even more expensive at $34pp). Is ther an even cheaper option in KW?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

According to their respective websites, as of current date, the cost, per adult, of the trolley tours in Key West are as follows:

City View Trolley Tours costs $28 or $19 online

Old Town Trolley Tours costs $30.45 or $27.41 online