Brilliance--WJ & Park cafe faves?

samzgirl84

My husband & I just returned from our first cruise on Brilliance & also enjoyed the roast beef sandwiches from Park Café.

He also like the weird beef 'pate' things (which are really more of a beef patty.) The salad bar at the Park Café that was open during lunch was good too. Sometimes they had bags of potato chips at the salad bar in the afternoon which was a nice surprise.

Park Café was also the only place (to my knowledge) that had self serve iced tea & lemonade, which is convenient if you like to make a Half & Half (or Arnold Palmer).

The Park Café usually only had 2 varieties of cookies & one was always sugar free, but Café Latte-tudes usually had a different selection on the same night--so if you head downstairs you may get a better choice.

I was really surprised by the bacon & French fries in the Windjammer. Usually both items are quite soggy & greasy when prepared in bulk & left out, but these were really good & crispy. The omelet/fried egg station in the Windjammer was also really good; fairly quick & organized and everything was cooked well.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am new to RCCL and would like to know what are your favorite eats from Windjammer Cafe, Park Cafe and Latte-tudes on board the Brilliance? What should I be sure not to miss?

Park Café

Breakfast

*English muffin ,egg prosciutto or Canadian bacon sandwich

*Fresh fruit yogurt parfaits

*Bagel and cream cheese bar

Lunch

*Kummelweck roast beef sandwich

*Panini's

*Salad Bar

*Cookies & Pastries

*Only place to get individual bags of chips without having to purchase it in the promenade shops

Evening Snack

*Prosciutto sandwich

*Cookies and Pastries

Edited by xxoocruiser

In the WJ:

• Best beef I had the entire trip - sliced filet one evening
  • The "make your own pizza" - be sure to grab anything you want off the salad bar (like mushrooms, green olives, et)
  • The Mongolian wok dishes were great. Again, I got some veggies from the salad bar to add to my noodle dish
  • Agree with earlier poster about the french fries!
  • At lunch, if I'm eating a pork dish, I get some sauerkraut from the hot dog station. Love pork and sauerkraut!

Lots of good food at every turn!

In the WJ:

• Best beef I had the entire trip - sliced filet one evening
  • The "make your own pizza" - be sure to grab anything you want off the salad bar (like mushrooms, green olives, et)
  • The Mongolian wok dishes were great. Again, I got some veggies from the salad bar to add to my noodle dish
  • Agree with earlier poster about the french fries!
  • At lunch, if I'm eating a pork dish, I get some sauerkraut from the hot dog station. Love pork and sauerkraut!

Lots of good food at every turn!

Thanks for the info! On Brilliance for NYE! Can't wait. It is a christmas gift for the kids. Keeping this one quiet. It should be a blast!

Park Café

Breakfast

*English muffin ,egg prosciutto or Canadian bacon sandwich

*Fresh fruit yogurt parfaits

*Bagel and cream cheese bar

Lunch

*Kummelweck roast beef sandwich

*Panini's

*Salad Bar

*Cookies & Pastries

*Only place to get individual bags of chips without having to purchase it in the promenade shops

Evening Snack

*Prosciutto sandwich

*Cookies and Pastries

Also don't forget the two kinds of soup..my favorites were the Onion and the Minestroni :p:p

The breakfast bread with raisins ( a very 'eggy' bread similar to Jewish Challah). It is also available in the MDR for breakfast, but sometimes you have to ask for it. Sooooo delicious with a liitle butter spread on! I also put in a vote for the French fries in the WJ at lunch and the Bolognese (meat) sauce over pasta.:D

Thanks for the info! On Brilliance for NYE! Can't wait. It is a christmas gift for the kids. Keeping this one quiet. It should be a blast!

Since you have kids you might enjoy breakfast in the MDR as there's a Chocolate Breakfast option at least on one day of the cruise.

• Chocolate Pastries
  • Chocolate Pancakes
  • Chocolate Shake ( really not a shake but freshly made chocolate milk not premade out of a carton.

Since you have kids you might enjoy breakfast in the MDR as there's a Chocolate Breakfast option at least on one day of the cruise.

• Chocolate Pastries
  • Chocolate Pancakes
  • Chocolate Shake ( really not a shake but freshly made chocolate milk not premade out of a carton.

Thanks I will look out for that!

Kelly