Voyage of the Seas upgrade

Finance journalist Michael Pascoe was one of the keynote speakers at last week’s Independent Travel Group conference in Hong Kong, and had a not-so-popular suggestion for some new cruise ship technology.

Royal Caribbean’s Peter McCormack had done a presentation about the stunning new features of the upcoming Quantum of the Seas as well as the revamped Voyager of the Seas, which will return to Australia after a

major makeover in Nov next year.

As well as more restaurants, a Flowrider and other additions, Voyager will feature innovative new “virtual balcony cabins” which add a big screen to inside staterooms displaying a live feed of the view from outside the ship, making you feel like you’re actually looking out the window.

Pascoe’s intriguing but unpopular idea was to ask delegates when this same technology will be available in the home “so you don’t have to get on the ship at all”.

Source: Cruise Weekly Thurday 28 November 2013

Finance journalist Michael Pascoe was one of the keynote speakers at last week’s Independent Travel Group conference in Hong Kong, and had a not-so-popular suggestion for some new cruise ship technology.

Royal Caribbean’s Peter McCormack had done a presentation about the stunning new features of the upcoming Quantum of the Seas as well as the revamped Voyager of the Seas, which will return to Australia after a

major makeover in Nov next year.

As well as more restaurants, a Flowrider and other additions, Voyager will feature innovative new “virtual balcony cabins” which add a big screen to inside staterooms displaying a live feed of the view from outside the ship, making you feel like you’re actually looking out the window.

Pascoe’s intriguing but unpopular idea was to ask delegates when this same technology will be available in the home “so you don’t have to get on the ship at all”.

Source: Cruise Weekly Thurday 28 November 2013

As one who likes to see the ocean and feel like I'm on a ship, I laughed at his tongue in his cheek comment!

Well I had a promenade cabin on VOS in March, I like outside window and balconies as much as the next cruiser but i would book a promenade cabin over both if i cruise on Voyager again so the screen idea isnt such a silly idea to me.

Well I had a promenade cabin on VOS in March, I like outside window and balconies as much as the next cruiser but i would book a promenade cabin over both if i cruise on Voyager again so the screen idea isnt such a silly idea to me.

We had a promenade cabion on VOS and I personally found the complete opposite problem to being in an inside cabin. In an inside you can never tell if it is day or night because of no light, and in a promenade you can't tell because it is always light outside the window.