Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Hi Linda!

They were put out very early during the morning of the 15th. I had departed my cabin, carry-on in tow, and for some reason decided to go through the atrium one last time en route to the Wheelhouse Bar to await the Fort Lauderdale tour departure. I was surprised it had appeared overnight, and it was quite large and very nicely detailed. They also changed the flowers below the Godmothers picture to a small holiday arrangement.

Have fun on First Night. Since I work that night I've bought a bottle of Welch's non-alcoholic grape juice to ring in the New Year, plus a bottle of M&R Asti and a bottle of peach Moscato for later. ;)

How fortuitous that you decided to go that way. We all get the benefit! I have the Welch's in the fridge for my grandson, along with the Asti and plain moscato for the adults. I'll have to try the peach flavor; enjoy your new year! :D

I hope Santa was good to everyone!

Here are the final pictures I took on Royal Princess, Santa and the gingerbread village set up just forward of the atrium.

11600535145_cfdd2e7436_c.jpg

11600535155_44c38bf6c0_c.jpg

11600731963_472b219c0d_c.jpg

11600730873_564e828444_c.jpg

11600731343_fc75a822ef_c.jpg

So glad you got these pictures. Our disembarcation was a bit chaotic, since young lady in charge of Platinum/Elite lounge was too busy socializing to actually help with information or directions. We left lounge and had to wander a bit until another crew member took mercy on the ten of us and gave specific directions. Any way, point is I am glad you found this lovely, fun display and took pics!

So glad you got these pictures. Our disembarcation was a bit chaotic, since young lady in charge of Platinum/Elite lounge was too busy socializing to actually help with information or directions. We left lounge and had to wander a bit until another crew member took mercy on the ten of us and gave specific directions. Any way, point is I am glad you found this lovely, fun display and took pics!

Here are the two different floral displays they had at the Godmother portrait.

11630479104_1f864eb6d5_z.jpg

Dave just wanted to take a moment here to thank you for your wonderful photos. The Royal sure is a beauty. I will definitely have to sail Princess again in the near future either aboard the Royal or the Regal :D

Thanks again

Now if you and Dee and Andy can coordinate a trip..........:)

Dave, Barry and I have been mesmerized by your beautifully written review and exquisite pictures of your B2B on the Royal. We, as others, were initially concerned about the ship ...but now, not at all...thanks to you. We are going on this cruise to have fun and a great, relaxing vacation. We booked a deluxe balcony on Dolphin fore.

Wishing you a wonderful new year filled with abundant blessings and good health.

bigblue2 - Have fun on Emerald Princess. If she is anything like Ruby Princess I'm sure she's a very pretty ship.

bichonsx2 - Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad your mind is a little more at ease. Royal Princess is a beautiful ship, and I hope your vacation is everything you want it to be.

Bugsy4271 - I hope to make it back myself, either to Royal Princess or Regal Princes. Next week really couldn't be soon enough!

Taking Royal Princess March 2nd. Anyone know how early we can get on board?

Ship leaves at 16:00 (4:PM). Thanks.

Probably, ALL instructions from Princess will say board at 12:30pm. That will avoid a good part of the "rush" and get you onboard quickly and well before sailing. However, there will be many, many people arriving by 11:00am who will wait in line to get into the terminal building and into their respective lines (Priority = Platinum, Elite; or non-priority = 1st timers, Gold and Ruby - or whatever it's called). My personal experience since my Princess cruise #1 has been that they will do all they possibly can to get you onboard as quickly/effortlessly as they can. My first piece of advice would be to NOT rush yourself silly trying to get on the ship as soon as she pulls into the port! Not gonna happen! And why put yourself thru all that stress?? Take your time, enjoy your vacation! Meet and make new friends even in the line getting onboard!

Have a Happy New Year and a WONDERFUL voyage!!! :D

Happy New Year Dave. Just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic review. I am getting more and more excited and I can now say we will be on the Royal this year! having checked all of your photos I can see we are going to be very busy onboard. Thanks again. Anne

Happy New Year Dave. Just wanted to say thanks for a fantastic review. I am getting more and more excited and I can now say we will be on the Royal this year! having checked all of your photos I can see we are going to be very busy onboard. Thanks again. Anne

Have a great cruise! Lots to do and eat on Royal Princess. She is a lovely ship. :D

Dave,

Many thanks for your wonderful pictures, live from and Everything Royal. We will be on the Regal this summer and I showed the family your pictures....lots of excitement!!!

Happy New Year!

Julie

It was indeed a very busy 2013 for me.

And hopefully we'll see some exterior pictures of Regal Princess in the coming weeks. I hope you have a wonderful cruise one her. :D

Probably, ALL instructions from Princess will say board at 12:30pm. That will avoid a good part of the "rush" and get you onboard quickly and well before sailing. However, there will be many, many people arriving by 11:00am who will wait in line to get into the terminal building and into their respective lines (Priority = Platinum, Elite; or non-priority = 1st timers, Gold and Ruby - or whatever it's called). My personal experience since my Princess cruise #1 has been that they will do all they possibly can to get you onboard as quickly/effortlessly as they can. My first piece of advice would be to NOT rush yourself silly trying to get on the ship as soon as she pulls into the port! Not gonna happen! And why put yourself thru all that stress?? Take your time, enjoy your vacation! Meet and make new friends even in the line getting onboard!

Have a Happy New Year and a WONDERFUL voyage!!! :D

Hi Larry,

We arrived at 12:15pm and walked right on. Thanks for all your great advice. The Royal was so lovely. Our handicapped mini was enormous and our steward kept it sparkling. I'm sure he appreciated the nice tip.

No problems with seasickness except when I tendered to Princess Cays. I found gingerale at the bar and had it along with a Bonine tablet, I was fine in about half an hour. It was especially bad waiting our turn to get back on the ship and I was fine. Only took one other tablet the whole cruise;it was a bit rocky the last two sea days. Guess I'm a better sailor than expected.:p

Blondie, our sweet marmalade feral cat is doing well, even in all this cold and snow.

She likes the glass house filled with small animal bedding. She can see out and bury down to keep warm. I'm not sure if it's fat or fur that makes her so fluffy.

She gets plenty to eat.

Thanks again for everything. Wishing you a healthy, happy new year.:)

Hi Larry,

We arrived at 12:15pm and walked right on. Thanks for all your great advice. The Royal was so lovely. Our handicapped mini was enormous and our steward kept it sparkling. I'm sure he appreciated the nice tip.

No problems with seasickness except when I tendered to Princess Cays. I found gingerale at the bar and had it along with a Bonine tablet, I was fine in about half an hour. It was especially bad waiting our turn to get back on the ship and I was fine. Only took one other tablet the whole cruise;it was a bit rocky the last two sea days. Guess I'm a better sailor than expected.:p

Blondie, our sweet marmalade feral cat is doing well, even in all this cold and snow.

She likes the glass house filled with small animal bedding. She can see out and bury down to keep warm. I'm not sure if it's fat or fur that makes her so fluffy.

She gets plenty to eat.

Hi Linda!

Happy New Year!! Sorry you got caught by the SSB (sea sick bug), but those Tenders are not the best sea-going vessels for "comfort!" :eek:

I had a curve ball thrown at me by my feral "gray kitty II" the other day. I walked out my driveway (on trash pickup day as usual) and there was my gray feral cat at the edge of the driveway next door. Just sitting there watching me...then gave me a "meow" and kept sitting there. Then I noticed two gray/white kittens about 10 yards away. Silly me, speaking to the gray feral says, "Are those yours?" Yeah, like I'm gonna get an answer. I went back into the house, got some Sheba canned cat food and brought it out to the "usual place" near the end of my driveway. Here comes gray feral cat, followed shortly by the two kittens hopping in from the next driveway! Well, Momma Kitty (gray feral) was not a very nice and sharing Mommy. She hogged the bowl even though the kittens tried their best to get a bite or two. Final outcome....I brought out the Iams dry food and spread it over about a foot (12") line so that all three of them could get a shot at something to eat. All of them are impossible to approach. I guess the original gray feral is easier because I can get within a couple of feet of her, and unless I try to get closer or make a "friendly move toward her," she will just sit there and keep the distance. The kittens? Well, they start scooting the moment you head in their direction!

So my new year is well underway! I go back to work on Monday (1/6/14), after about 2 weeks off over both holidays. Glad I have GPS in the car so I can find my way back! :rolleyes: Happy and prosperous New Year to all and may you enjoy ALL the times you are given in 2014, both the nice and the not so nice. Each of them have an important purpose in your life. God Bless!

Hi Dave,

I just looked at your pictures of the Ruby Princess. The atrium or piazza looked so tiny. Was that because of the angle from which they were taken, or was there a big difference in size compared to the Royal? How did the cabins compare?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

Hi Dave,

I just looked at your pictures of the Ruby Princess. The atrium or piazza looked so tiny. Was that because of the angle from which they were taken, or was there a big difference in size compared to the Royal? How did the cabins compare?

Thanks!:rolleyes:

The atrium on Ruby Princess, as lovely as it is, is indeed small. Even when I was aboard her it felt rather claustrophobic to me, more so when there was an event going on, which made it impossibly crowded. I think it has to do with the way the spiral staircases invade 'outwards' into the open atrium space, as opposed to some of the other Grand-class ships where they come down straighter along the sides. Now that I've been on both classes of ships, the atrium venues on the others also seem very small. Those on Royal Princess (International Cafe, Vines, Crooners) are roughly twice the size and much more spacious, and the added seating outside Gelato was nice when enjoying a tasty treat.

I had an inside cabin on both ships; on Ruby Princess it was a standard inside, on Royal Princess a 'sideways' inside. I just liked the updated modern decor and amenities of those on Royal Princess, especially the incredible offerings on the In Stateroom Entertainment System and better bathroom layout. The inside cabin was on Ruby Princess, albeit comfortable, looked old and dated, but it met the needs I had at the time.

Hi Larry,

She gets plenty to eat.

THANK YOU for taking care of a feral cat, I belong to Alley Cat Allies which assists feral cats by trapping, neutering and then releasing them - plus many other things. Cats brought to shelters are killed but cat populations stabilize once the cats are neutered. It's a win-win thing to advocate for the safety, protection and humane treatment of these cats.

I used to leave cardboard boxes with quilt batting wrapped around them and lined with fleece under my deck for the ferals - along with food and a heated water dish. It's privilege to offer life saving support the way you and Larry do, but it's heroic too.

Dave forgive me if you've already addressed this but what do you mean by a "sideways" inside?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Forums mobile app

To elaborate a little more...

With a standard inside cabin you walk in to a little hallway and past the bathroom area and closet then into the bedroom, whereas with a 'sideways' inside cabin you walk straight into the bedroom area, and the bath and closet are around the corner.

Here you can see the cabin doorway from the corridor on the right, the foot of the bed just at the bottom of the picture, and the area for the closet and bathroom around the corner

11210020404_70a9c684a7_z.jpg

Here is the bed

11210019424_1b3c8970a5_z.jpg

And the little hall leading back to the closet and bathroom area

11210019654_7583014704_z.jpg