Southampton Terminals January 10th

mandranuc

On the Southampton Port website Queen Mary 2 arrives from New York on 10th January 2014 to the Ocean Terminal and presumably leaves on her World cruise that evening.

Cunard, however, (via their E ticket) have Queen Elizabeth using that terminal that day.

Does anyone have a Queen Mary E ticket for disembarkation/embarkation on the 10th that specifies which pier it is destined to use?

I have both tickets for QM2, arrival from New York and departure for Cape Town. Both have QM2 at the Queen Elizabeth Terminal.

So I think you can be assured that the Queen Elizabeth will be at the Ocean Terminal. The Southampton Port website does say its info on which ship is at which terminal is "strictly provisional."

Ignore my last post!

Just checked the Southampton Port Authority website and now the terminals are reversed! So QE is departing Ocean T on the 6th Jan and returning to Mayflower T on the 10th Jan and QM2 is arriving at Ocean T on the 10th Jan.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

Ignore my last post!

Just checked the Southampton Port Authority website and now the terminals are reversed! So QE is departing Ocean T on the 6th Jan and returning to Mayflower T on the 10th Jan and QM2 is arriving at Ocean T on the 10th Jan.

Well, at least others are confused too.

Cats2010 - I will not "miss" any of the three ships in port on the 10th - I would just like to know where they will be so I can plan a few things.

Cats2010 - I will not "miss" any of the three ships in port on the 10th - I would just like to know where they will be so I can plan a few things.

These ships are so big, you can see them from almost any angle in Soton, and usually taxi drivers know where they are anyway, but do as you like!

Good morning Mandranuc,

What you have spotted is absolutely par for the course.

Cunard were absolutely adamant that on this forthcoming World Cruise the Queen Elizabeth would be using tenders for the stop over at Hawaii and we would berth alongside at Lahaina, a small harbour with no deep water berthing capability.

There were adamant they knew best and would not change there minds until I sent them copies of a letter from the Honolulu Harbour Authorities which confirmed they had their 'facts' completely back to front!!

All I will say is good spotting and thankfully this issue is not as important as the Hawaii farce. (Or should I say hopefully it is not important as we will all see where she is berthed and adjust our course accordingly) :) my attempt at humour

This is what the Southampton Port website says:

Please be advised that the Cruise Ship Schedule is strictly provisional and is subject to alteration without prior notice (Please refer to our Disclaimer). More precise details can be found under 'Planned Movements' (left) within six days of the indicated arrival date.

I'm puzzled why, with the above disclaimer, their schedule would be considered more reliable than Cunard. Whatever their faults, its hardly in Cunard's interest to issue over 5,000 tickets for arriving and departing QM2 passengers and another +/- 4,000 tickets for QE passengers with the wrong terminal info.

mandranuc,

If you are sailing on QE on 10 January, you are invited to join our roll call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1692699

Yes, do join in we have a very active roll call and meet and greets arranged.

I would not be even worried about which. terminal the ship sails from. I just get a taxi and say Queen Elizabeth and he takes me there:)

This is what the Southampton Port website says:

Whatever their faults, its hardly in Cunard's interest to issue over 5,000 tickets for arriving and departing QM2 passengers and another +/- 4,000 tickets for QE passengers with the wrong terminal info.

Yes, I would entirely agree with you on this and I totally accept that there is logic for the two Cunard ships to be in the same vicinity to assist transfers. It still surprises me however that the port authority listing and Cunard's information are not the same, after all they are within "spitting distance" of each other.

The reason I asked is that we have people seeing us off from Southampton so it was to check if they could do that from Mayflower Park (in front of the Holiday Inn) or will they have to head toward Weston Parade/Victoria Road. - It sounds like the latter.

I understand entirely why its important to know which terminal will be used by each ship. As I'm stopping for the day in Southampton I'm disappointed QM2 is not at the Ocean Terminal as that would be a much shorter walk into town. Now I just hope its not raining on January 10.

We made the same stop January 10, 2012, and were lucky with sunshine and 6 degrees. I hope we get a repeat in 2014. :)