Leaving the ship after an overnight in Quebec City

We are overnighting in Quebec City next year (Eurodam) and want to catch a 7:45 AM train to Montreal when we disembark. I'm hoping someone who has left the ship early on disembarkation day can tell me how it went. Were Canadian customs people at the port early? Was your luggage ready to be picked up when you got down to the terminal?

Thank you!

There was a similar thread in 2013, but no one came back at the end of their cruise to inform us how disembarkation worked for them.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

Adele - don't know where all the locals are to answer your questions but as Quebec City is your last Canadian city you chouldn't have much in the way of customs - you should do the immigration part at your first port which I think is St John - at Quebec City they will likely collect your customs declaration form and you will then be on your way.

The only thought that comes to mind is what time will they be on the job - will they be there all the time etc.

If I am incorrect the locals will correct me.

Enjoy

Cheers

Dennis

I don't know where all the locals are either but...

1) Given you are over nighting in Quebec City, you will have already cleared customs (there or at another Canadian Port) so that is not an issue.

2) Given the time of your train I highly doubt your luggage would be available for pick up. You most likely will need to take it off yourself. Although the train station is only a few kms away you'll most likely need to be off the ship by 6:30.

3) Depending on your situation you may want to consider a later train. Depending on the day of the week there are 3-5 trains daily between the two cities.

My guess is that rather than a local needing to respond, you'll get a better answer from someone who has ben on a similar cruise.

Thanks, Dennis and RickT. There were a couple of people on a similar thread last September asking about leaving the ship early for flights, and I thought maybe they would have come back to post about their experiences. Unfortunately not.

We could catch the next train, but it will get us into Montreal after 3:00 p.m., thereby cutting our only day there pretty short. I do think it's a good plan to walk off with our luggage.

Thank you both for your suggestions.

Last fall(Oct 2012) we the disembarked from the Eurodam in Quebec City after staying overnight. Disembarkation started at 7:00am with self disembarkation (carry your own luggage) first. This was followed by colour/number codes about every 30 minutes. The lines at customs/immigration moved very quickly.

We were among the last groups to leave because we had a 3:30 flight and we got off the ship and getting luggage at 8:45am!

If you are trying for the 7:45am train to Montreal you should reconsider, that will be somewhat tight if anything goes wrong, you will also need to check your luggage to Montreal. The station is only a 5 minute drive from the port, but it's a bit risky.

Edited by gentlemancruiser