How long

Poppy42

How long does it take for a review to show up? I wrote a bad review of our cruise on the Dream (Nightmare?) on/about 11/26/13. Haven't seen it. Also Carnival never sent me an e-mail to review the cruise. Maybe because I sent them a scathing letter. Their response was rather tepid to say the least.

We've done 10 cruises - 6 on Carnival and were never disappointed before. Cold food, haphazard service, poor menu selection, small portions.

I'm diabetic and never over eat or eat what I shouldn't but my sugar was high - suspect that the sugar-free desserts were not sugar free.

How long does it take for a review to show up? I wrote a bad review of our cruise on the Dream (Nightmare?) on/about 11/26/13. Haven't seen it. Also Carnival never sent me an e-mail to review the cruise. Maybe because I sent them a scathing letter. Their response was rather tepid to say the least.

We've done 10 cruises - 6 on Carnival and were never disappointed before. Cold food, haphazard service, poor menu selection, small portions.

I'm diabetic and never over eat or eat what I shouldn't but my sugar was high - suspect that the sugar-free desserts were not sugar free.

Usually a review will show up in a few days, but with the holidays it might take longer. Sorry things did not go well for you.

reviews on cc member review section? seem to take a few weeks to show up. i believe they're read and reviewed then approved and posted. i don't think that's in terms of any bias, just their work load i guess. it's been that way for a long time.

the email review survey thing seems intermittent based on others' feedback and my own experience. i doubt it's based on your scathing letter.

i tend to be surprised how well carnival caters to the special dietary needs of the many as pertains to special needs - and in that, not the most. gluten free this, diabetic that, vegetarian or vegan... not to seemingly short change your experience, but there are options.

if you experienced troubles in that regard i would recommend speaking with the special needs department prior to sailing next time if you didn't already.

i'm sorry you weren't happy with your cruise, regardless.

Only 3 cruises under my belt, but I never had a cruise line send me a review form or question form after a cruise. Is this normal? Hmmm? Then again, I am also the guy who always wanders about staff calling cruisers by their name? My wife and I never have had any staff call us by name?

Sorry your cruise was a nightmare, better luck next time, we had a less than perfect last cruise as well. Great cruise,, great ports, great ship, just rough staff relations (lot of staff angry with one another).

It took at least a week before my last one was posted, with the holidays I wouldn't be concerned about it being delayed. I see you are new here, it seems you joined just to post a bad review. You can always post your review on this board as well but just to warn you that those who join just to complain about their cruise sometimes don't get a good response.

A few days.

I am also the guy who always wanders about staff calling cruisers by their name? My wife and I never have had any staff call us by name?

In all fairness, they wear name tags and you don't. And there are over 3000 cruisers out there per week. Our cabins steward and if we use the same bartender/servers and wait staff in the MDR always call us by name.

Now that I re-read your post, did you mean "wonders about" instead of "wanders about"? That makes a big difference. If it was "wonders", then forget the name tag thing.

Edited by RWolver672

Carnival Cruises maintains a fleet of about 2 dozen Carnival ships.

There are bound to be inconsistencies across a fleet of that size

where each ship is its own "living organism" -if you can get your head around that concept.

I've enjoyed eight pleasant cruises on four different Carnival ships.

with very few events or circumstances that might be considered negative.

Your mileage may vary. :)