Has anyone taken the last cruise prior to a drydock?

KPfromCT

Looking at the Freedom, 6 night, on April 13th. As it currently stands, this will be the last cruise before the drydock. I know these dates keep changing, so nothing is for sure right now. But, if they do, in fact, start the drydock on the 19th, should we expect any pre-construction work on our cruise? I just am worried that they are going to start tearing the ship apart on day 4 or 5.:eek::eek::eek: The price for this cruise is great, and I am wondering if that is why.

Any insight, or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!:D

Several times, construction noise everywhere you turn .

My favorite memory was the Destiny 7AM being woken what sounded like a sledge hammer coming for breakfast :)

Can't tell if you are being serious or not:rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, but have read other reviews of people in the situation.

Many mention things such as what Cruizinman referenced above. A few also mentioned areas(including bars and pools) being closed because of construction beginning.

Also read about lessened service as crew are pretty much done and also assigned to help with re-model(such as moving items from spaces).

I'd avoid a last cruise before dry dock if you can.

No, but have read other reviews of people in the situation.

Many mention things such as what Cruizinman referenced above. A few also mentioned areas(including bars and pools) being closed because of construction beginning.

Also read about lessened service as crew are pretty much done and also assigned to help with re-model(such as moving items from spaces).

Thanks, Lerin. I've already moved on.:D:D:D

If you're in Manufacturing or in Construction

and understand the necessities involved, you could probably tolerate it.

I should think these cruises might be discounted, too?

Edited by Aplmac

If you're in Manufacturing or in Construction

and understand the necessities involved, you could probably tolerate it.

I should think these cruises might be discounted, too?

Funny thing is, I am in Manufacturing. lol. But I am trying to get away from it for a week.:D:D Yes, the price was spectacular. But not worth the aggravation.

My spouse was on the Inspiration final cruise before drydock and yes construction started on the last sea day.:mad:

We were on hat cruise as well. I really do not remember any construction noises. I will say that our service on that cruise was just ok.

Anyone know what will be the last cruise for the Dream before she is moved to New Orleans?

Just wondering how the last cruise before a repositioning might be effected.

I doubt there would be anything different from any other regular cruise. Usually there is a significant employee change around drydocks. Not everybody but a pretty good percentage.

I hadnt even considered they would start construction before the cruise ended :eek: We are already booked on that same cruise the last cruise before drydock. It was an amazing price. I thought the price was so good as they just added the dates back to selling less than 5 months before sailing.

Oh well, we are just going to have to roll with it! I already paid a change fee once for this cruise and I dont want to burn another $200 :rolleyes: