Yet another Ultimate Beverage Package question

pliskin

Anyone done this recently? I have read multiple threads but I have not been able to find one key bit of info: how much do drinks? I found a drink menu that is a year and a half old. It shows things like Corona, Guinness and Bass at $4.95. I'd hate to buy the UBP then find out I can only drink Bud Light and Kamachaka Vodka. Does it work everywhere but room service? As in all the dining rooms, theater, etc?

We just got back and did buy the $50 drink card. All adults over the age of ?? I think 19 had to buy this that are in your party. Also all children need to buy a soda card along with this. So if you are traveling in a group of a few adults, they all need to purchase it, this can really upset non drinkers.

We did order drinks during shows, out at the H2o club, during dinner and never had any problem with them being covered. The drinks all show up on your account, but all came off at the end of the trip. They must be under $10. Buckets I do not think are covered, since you can only order 1 drink at a time. You also can not order a virgin drink for a child, at least don't let them see this, they will charge you. I ordered the drink of the day and they averaged around 6-7$ and all was covered.

Hope this helps. We are just getting back from the Breakaway and we were on the boat 5 days and off 2 at stops. A lot of drinking going on!

Thanks, that list helped me out too. Do you know what the rough regular prices for the individual drinks (outside of Beverage program)? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $ for next year's cruise.

Edited by CruzLover80

Thanks, that list helped me out too. Do you know what the rough regular prices for the individual drinks (outside of Beverage program)? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra $ for next year's cruise.

I find well drinks are around $5 (plus gratuity) but call drinks $6 and up...

On the Spirit they also offered a Wine and Beer package (some silly name like "Pots and Plonk" or something like that) for about 35$ pd. The UBP covered most spirits and beers, just not ultra premium ones (e.g. JD was covered but JD red wasn't). Also, when we had the soda package in the summer on the Epic only my husband had it, I didn't have to, but I understand with the UBP it's all or no one.

In our experience at 7$ for a cocktail and 6$ for a pint of draught Heineken the UBP didn't work out worth while.

Average beer around $5, shots around $6.50 or a bit more. Wine covered up to $10 /glass so wine drinkers can make the program work for them pretty easily.

Admittedly I had the UBP last September, and more than a few Makers Mark and sodas pretty much guaranteed I wasn't remembering the prices very well...

The other package is called Corks and Caps. Beer and wine only for $45 per day. Little cheaper if you don't drink hard liquor.

Edited by triptolemus

Average beer around $5, shots around $6.50 or a bit more. Wine covered up to $10 /glass so wine drinkers can make the program work for them pretty easily.

Admittedly I had the UBP last September, and more than a few Makers Mark and sodas pretty much guaranteed I wasn't remembering the prices very well...

The other package is called Corks and Caps. Beer and wine only for $45 per day. Little cheaper if you don't drink hard liquor.

The Corks and Caps would be appealing if it didn't have the same price limits as the UBP. As it is, with only a $5 price difference, the UBP is definitely the better option.

We just got back and did buy the $50 drink card. All adults over the age of ?? I think 19 had to buy this that are in your party. Also all children need to buy a soda card along with this. So if you are traveling in a group of a few adults, they all need to purchase it, this can really upset non drinkers.

We just got off the Epic and I had read on CC that same thing and that if the same credit card was used to establish onboard accounts that all would have to buy the packages. I also read to avoid this just to use 2 different credit cards but that wasn't our case. We were a group of 11 and some purchased it and some didn't. I was paying for onboard accounts for 2 of the cabins

so I thought I would try to use 2 different cc to avoid everyone in those 2 cabins from having to purchase the beverage packages but they wouldn't let me because the cc wasn't in my daughters name. Then she explained that I could use 1 cc for both cabins and because they were separate cabins we didn't all have to buy them. So my daughter got the UBP and my DGD got the soda package but Myself and my DGS did not have to get the packages..

I would say at least 80% of the alcohol served on board is covered by the UBP. I was drinking grey goose vodka & jameson whiskey. Most of the fruity frozen drinks were covered and almost all the wines offered by the glass are less then $10.

If you tend to drink 7 or 8 drinks over the course of the day I felt the package was worth it. I usually travel to all inclusives in the Caribbean and this is nothing like that. Just abouy anything you regularly drink at home Is covered.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

Sorry to jump in on the post but i have a UBP question

I am primarily a cocktail drinker, now having seen some pictures of menus a lot of them are between $7 and $9 (plus gratuity). Im thinking that it probably wouldn't be worth my while purchasing UBP....... am I right?

Also I am assuming that as the gratuity is added onto the price of each drink that the price limit on UBP would not take this into account, i.e. a $8 cocktail + 15% (say $1.20) therefore the drink price is £9.20 and not included under UBP.

Is this right??

My head is starting to spin a little now :D

Thanks

Sorry to jump in on the post but i have a UBP question

I am primarily a cocktail drinker, now having seen some pictures of menus a lot of them are between $7 and $9 (plus gratuity). Im thinking that it probably wouldn't be worth my while purchasing UBP....... am I right?

Also I am assuming that as the gratuity is added onto the price of each drink that the price limit on UBP would not take this into account, i.e. a $8 cocktail + 15% (say $1.20) therefore the drink price is £9.20 and not included under UBP.

Is this right??

My head is starting to spin a little now :D

Thanks

Most cocktails are included, and if you should happen upon one that is not, they will most likely be happy to make it for you so that it is covered (or just cover it).

Is this right??

As Demonyte said, the price limits refer to the price given on the menu (see this earlier message for further confirmation). However, you may occasionally run into a poorly-trained or misinformed bar staff member who thinks that the limits apply to the base price plus gratuity. See this recent report, for example.