Question about many ships in Ports

deener32

I was looking at the port schedule and we will be on the Miracle Thanksgiving week. There will be 7 ships in the Cozumel port at the same time as us (11/24/05)...Can anyone tell me how crowded it is when there are so many ships in there at one time...Hope Cozumel is a big port!!

I was looking at the port schedule and we will be on the Miracle Thanksgiving week. There will be 7 ships in the Cozumel port at the same time as us (11/24/05)...Can anyone tell me how crowded it is when there are so many ships in there at one time...Hope Cozumel is a big port!!

we were there in March on the Grand Princess and it was fine with 9 ships in port.

Sailed the Miracle with 9 ships in the port of Cozumel. I was very impressed coz the island did not feel that crowded at all. Everyone heads to thier own destinations.. we stayed in town and shopped.

There were going to be more in Cozumel for our July 3rd cruise, but CCL switched the days for Belize and Cozumel a few weeks prior to the cruise. They indicate it will switch back (sometime in October?) - but I would not count on that.... we could end up going to Belize on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday.. there is no telling!

Turkey day is not TOO far off... hopefully NO HURRICANES in late November :D

Tom

There were going to be more in Cozumel for our July 3rd cruise, but CCL switched the days for Belize and Cozumel a few weeks prior to the cruise. They indicate it will switch back (sometime in October?) - but I would not count on that.... we could end up going to Belize on Thursday and Cozumel on Friday.. there is no telling!

Turkey day is not TOO far off... hopefully NO HURRICANES in late November :D

Tom

Thanks for the info...Hope they do keep the itinerary the way it is now...can't believe they go more south on the last day before heading home..not that I care how long we are at sea..but that last nite is 10pm..in cozumel..that would be nice!!

Boatdrill- when we were in Cozumel we had 9 ships. More then half were mega ships-- like the VOyager and the Explorer And the Gran-- each holding over2500 passengers. So if you figure 2000 passengers x 9= close to 18,000 people Thats not even including the people that are thre doing land vacations.

Archived