Is Carnival Corp losing it's mojo?

kelmac

Correct about carnival CORP but the jeerleaders seem to focus only on Carnival, the cruise line.

Ummmm, I get your point but I think most of the negativity about the cruise line is from folks who have sailed carnival and have sailed it numerous times so I don't think it's just "bash on carnival day" unfortunately it sounds like they have earned it.

Believe me you see a lot of bashing on all the lines forums but carnival does seem to get the lions share. :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Perhaps they should change the name of this board to "Carnival Cheerleaders". In that way you will only read things that agree with your very narrow perspective. Think how good that will feel. The rest of us will post our comments on the Carnival Board and thus be able to offer "opinions" based on our experiences without being called names such as snobs, complainers or trashers. I for one think after 26 Carnival cruises that Carnival does somethings well but also after 8 or 9 years I see the "value quotient" diminishing. Like others I should be able to post my opinions (both good and critical) about Carnival without ridicule and name calling. This is what public discourse is all about.

Perhaps they should change the name to Cruiser Critic. Then your insults might be more appropriate.

I must have missed something. Maybe you could point out insult in the post that you quoted.

That's your opinion. Been there, done that... I always come back to my family, Carnival.

Good for you. But Carnival isn't my family. They are a business that takes my money and delivers a "feel good" product. I can see how some customers or employees may develop some affection for this company, but personally, I don't have any blind loyalty towards them.

Edited by Tapi

Ummmm, I get your point but I think most of the negativity about the cruise line is from folks who have sailed carnival and have sailed it numerous times so I don't think it's just "bash on carnival day" unfortunately it sounds like they have earned it.

Believe me you see a lot of bashing on all the lines forums but carnival does seem to get the lions share. :rolleyes:

For whatever reason, there is way more of non-Carnival cruisers that come here to ash then the other way around. We are cruising on the oasis in March so I have been following the boards. Not even the same neighborhood of bashing there. When you consider that Cruisecritic is by far larger on the Carnival threads, it makes one pause to wonder. While Carnival has had a rough year by most measures, the non sailers were here before that.

Perhaps they should change the name of this board to "Carnival Cheerleaders". In that way you will only read things that agree with your very narrow perspective. Think how good that will feel. The rest of us will post our comments on the Carnival Board and thus be able to offer "opinions" based on our experiences without being called names such as snobs, complainers or trashers. I for one think after 26 Carnival cruises that Carnival does somethings well but also after 8 or 9 years I see the "value quotient" diminishing. Like others I should be able to post my opinions (both good and critical) about Carnival without ridicule and name calling. This is what public discourse is all about.

This thread is example of the normal behavior of a few. They work to start the thread heading south in hopes that the thread will either be pulled or locked.:rolleyes:

For whatever reason, there is way more of non-Carnival cruisers that come here to ash then the other way around. We are cruising on the oasis in March so I have been following the boards. Not even the same neighborhood of bashing there. When you consider that Cruisecritic is by far larger on the Carnival threads, it makes one pause to wonder. While Carnival has had a rough year by most measures, the non sailers were here before that.

There has been no bashing in this thread. Giving ones opinion based on facts is not bashing. Some need to get thicker skin. We're talking about a business and not someone's family.

Edited by cruisingator2

Certainly some of the bashers have cruised on other Carnival brands but are only focusing on Carnival. For others, it is always bash on Carnival dayand long before Concordia.

Remind me, was it the pot or the kettle over on the RCI board, full of gleeful gloating over the Grandeur fire? Stones and glass houses and all that. :p ;) :D

Yes it was glee. Something to the affect of, "What was that loud noise? That's going to take awhile to clean up."

And again in November when he frequented the RCI board and started about the azipod problems.

On both instances his post were deleted.

Sarge doesn't believe in the mentality of posters from other boards coming here to post negative things about CCL. It seems quite OK for him to go to the RCI board and do it though.

Sounds quite hypocritical but that's just me.

Bill

Yes it was glee. Something to the affect of, "What was that loud noise? That's going to take awhile to clean up."

And again in November when he frequented the RCI board and started about the azipod problems.

On both instances his post were deleted.

Sarge doesn't believe in the mentality of posters from other boards coming here to post negative things about CCL. It seems quite OK for him to go to the RCI board and do it though.

Sounds quite hypocritical but that's just me.

Bill

I didn't start either thread and echoed the questions others had already asked.

OTOH, I asked a simple question about jeans on the Royal board and was met with the rude replies of the usual suspects. The first thread got pulled before I got to see a civil answer and the second one barely lasted long enough for me to see a civil answer.

Me cruise on Royal again? I'm thinking not. Too much ugliness.