The Royal Princess. A great ship

carib

Dave, this is fabulous! Is there any way I can save a copy of this? It's such a wonderful memory of our cruise.

Donna

Hi Donna,

Loved the picture of you in the video. We certainly had a wonderful time on this cruise. I would love to save it too. I guess we have to remember what it's called on YouTube. You might remember Mark was taking videos of me dancing with George or Nat, well you two are in a few of them. Fond memories.

Regards,

Eileen

Dave, this is fabulous! Is there any way I can save a copy of this? It's such a wonderful memory of our cruise.

Hi Donna,

I think there are some programs that let you capture what's on youtube. I googled it and came up with one called keepvid.

Donna

Terrific video, Dave....great music, too...I wish you would've recorded your cabin, unless it was inside or just a window...there has been alot of complaints about the smaller balconies on this ship, along with the much smaller balconies on the new NCL Breakaway...my friend was on the Breakaway with his wife in June, and although he loved the cruise, he DID say breakfast on the balcony for 2 was next to impossible...this is something my wife & I love to do....BTW, did you notice what kind of draft beer there was on board? DRAFT, not bottled...it's nice to hear that Princess has listened to their passengers & will add the aft adult pool to the Regal next year, along with a walking promenade ( I love walking around a ship after dinner or anytime, really, so that's a pet peeve for me..)...the lack of a mid-ship staircase is really dumb..sometimes I wonder who thinks of such stupid omissions...RCI Oasis & Allure, both whom I've cruised & loved, also has the lack of a walking promenade....just got off the Disney Dream a month ago...walking promenade on deck 4 was probably the best I've ever seen out of 29 cruises and over 50 ships visited....elevators & stairs everywhere....be interesting to see how the Regal turns out after the changes...

Big Al

I am a teetoler so I haven't looked into what is offered in the beer department. I am glad I don't drink, it saves me a lot of money on cruises. There are more bars than you can shake a stick at.

The Regal will have some changes that people have been clamoring for so we should hear less complaints.

I sang in the Pop Choir for the first time on the Royal TA. We practiced in Club 6 usually on sea day afternoons, and our performance was in the Piazza on the next to the last sea day (I think) to a packed house. We sang a variety of music including the famous Rockin Royals song written just for this cruise. It was so much fun, and Stephanie, our choir director, was great. Most of the songs were already mentioned but a few others were Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles, and We are the Champions. Sweet Caroline was our encore. We had a big group of choir members, many of whom were on the CC roll call. Give it a try if you like to sing.

I watched the youtube video of the choir on the TA. It looked like a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to try it when I'm onboard in March. Thanks for the info!

Kathy

Absolutely fantastic - I cannot imagine the number of hours and the patience this took. Also, so many places we seemed to have missed on the Royal; must try harder on the Regal!

What an advert for Princess Cruises - trust you receive all Royalties.

Thank you.

Hi Donna' date='

Loved the picture of you in the video. We certainly had a wonderful time on this cruise. I would love to save it too. I guess we have to remember what it's called on YouTube. You might remember Mark was taking videos of me dancing with George or Nat, well you two are in a few of them. Fond memories.

Regards,

Eileen[/quote']

Hi Eileen,

That's so great you have videos of you dancing. What wonderful memories. Hope you are doing well?

Donna

Wow! Just watched this wonderful video of the Royal. Thank-you for taking the time to put this together and posting it. We are not traveling till mid June 2014 and boy I can't wait. So many places to explore. Thanks again. Oh I didn't think it was too long.

Alene & Marty:)

And wasn't it fun! I probably would never had volunteered to be in the choir if it wasn't for the Rockin' Royals song. So glad I did! Our group was great and so was our audience! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again! BTW, one other song we sang was Hit the Road Jack. :p

Lynda, I uploaded a video of your rehearsal. You are really going to town in that one. :)

Absolutely fantastic - I cannot imagine the number of hours and the patience this took. Also, so many places we seemed to have missed on the Royal; must try harder on the Regal!

What an advert for Princess Cruises - trust you receive all Royalties.

Thank you.

Thanks. It took quite a bit of time but well worth it. I hope you have a great time on the Regal. You will always find something you missed the first time.

And no, no Royalties. :)

Wow! Just watched this wonderful video of the Royal. Thank-you for taking the time to put this together and posting it. We are not traveling till mid June 2014 and boy I can't wait. So many places to explore. Thanks again. Oh I didn't think it was too long.

Alene & Marty:)

Alene & Marty hope you have a great time on the Royal in June. You must be doing the Baltics. I love that cruise.

Thanks, Dave. That was fun to watch. Since Mark was always taking the pics and videos, it's nice to see him in something. I love reliving this cruise. Can't get enough of it. Are you keeping up with Dave's thread on the Royal? His pics are great.

Eileen

Edited by sasha'smom

Thanks' date=' Dave. That was fun to watch. Since Mark was always taking the pics and videos, it's nice to see him in something. I love reliving this cruise. Can't get enough of it. Are you keeping up with Dave's thread on the Royal? His pics are great.

Eileen[/quote']

Yes. It's awesome. He tells all and shows all with great pictures. It's a Royal education. (refresher course for us.)

More than a refresher. I'm seeing so much I missed.

That's true. I haven't seen anything so comprehensive. Our education had some gaps. :) We better go back to school. School would never be more fun.

I just got off the Royal Princess this morning. I wasn't prepared for how

Nice the ship was. It was so elegant. On the ship the lines were pretty

Much non existence. The service was wonderful. Food was excellent.

I was very impressed with the breakfast buffet. They had lots of stuff I

Never knew you could eat for breakfast. All my dinners in the dining

Room were excellent. None of the issues "the haters" talked about

Made any difference in my cruise. Can't wait to sail the Royal Princess

Again in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Royal. She is quite an impressive ship.

It was bittersweet to see her return to port early this morning because it spells the end of the cruise for all of us.

Button up your overcoat. It's a real reality check for you northerners with lots of snow and chilly temps. I wish you all a warm winter!!

Take care. We'll be looking forward to further reviews from you and others traveling with DMWNC1959 and this Dave. That will let us hang on a little longer. :)

Lynne

Our rehearsals were usually around 3 ish, they changed sometimes so we had to watch the Patter. As long as you learn the songs, the words are printed out, so it's mainly the tunes and timing, and then towards the performance we rehearsed the choreography, which you want to be there for. There were individuals missing from time to time, one I know had a massage one day.

Again in the future.

Hi JP

Glad you had an enjoyable time on the Royal. How could you not? It's a fabulous ship.

Again in the future.

So glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Royal. She is quite an impressive ship.

It was bittersweet to see her return to port early this morning because it spells the end of the cruise for all of us.

Button up your overcoat. It's a real reality check for you northerners with lots of snow and chilly temps. I wish you all a warm winter!!

Take care. We'll be looking forward to further reviews from you and others traveling with DMWNC1959 and this Dave. That will let us hang on a little longer. :)

Lynne

Lynne, we are practically neighbors. I am just north of you in Babson Park. We should get together one of these days.

Dave, loved your video. It brings back wonderful memories of the gorgeous Royal Princess and the wonderful people we met during our 18 day adventure. It was great cruising with you and Leni. Hope our paths cross again on a future cruise.

Jan and Denny

JPEvans,

We pass that area fairly frequently, as our granddaughter lives in Winter Haven.My step-daughter got her degree from Warner College. I was just up that way in WH last week for GD's baby shower. I will be having lunch with a college friend from Iowa in WH on Thursday. I'm always aware of the Babson Park sign as we go by. :)

It would be nice to have a cruising buddy this close by. We do have cruising friends in the Orlando area, but the group plans get-togethers a bit too far away for us.

Dave, as said, I've enjoyed reading your posts and comments, so don't feel neglected. It's been fun to travel along on the voyage and learn things from your perspective.

Lynne

Dave, loved your video. It brings back wonderful memories of the gorgeous Royal Princess and the wonderful people we met during our 18 day adventure. It was great cruising with you and Leni. Hope our paths cross again on a future cruise.

Jan and Denny

Jan and Denny, It was nice meeting you both. We will always remember Venice. It's a small world, I am sure we will meet again.

JPEvans,

We pass that area fairly frequently, as our granddaughter lives in Winter Haven.My step-daughter got her degree from Warner College. I was just up that way in WH last week for GD's baby shower. I will be having lunch with a college friend from Iowa in WH on Thursday. I'm always aware of the Babson Park sign as we go by. :)

It would be nice to have a cruising buddy this close by. We do have cruising friends in the Orlando area, but the group plans get-togethers a bit too far away for us.

Dave, as said, I've enjoyed reading your posts and comments, so don't feel neglected. It's been fun to travel along on the voyage and learn things from your perspective.

Lynne

Looks like we have the same stomping grounds. Warner is about 4 miles from us. I work in Lake Wales, so you drive right past me on your way to WH.

Where are you cruising to next?

I took up Princess on their 100% cruise credit offer. Next month we are doing a quick 4 day cruise to Cozumel. You couldn't refuse a deal like that.

Hi,

We'll all have to meet somewhere! Our grandson works at the orange juice plant in Lake Wales! "Florida's Natural"? My step-daughter used to live on Central just on the other side of the railroad tracks several years ago.

Trevor keeps track of the cruises and saw that deal, too. Right now we are paying off this cruise and accompanying expenses. We are both retired now so usually take one cruise a year or year and a half. However, with that said, I never say never. I would go much more often if we could.

We need to start looking at different destinations, as we've done the islands-and usually only have left out Ft. Lauderdale. New England/Canada is appealing because of friends in the NE and I'm originally from Canada and have relatives in Nova Scotia, Montreal and other areas. My son lives in NJ and works at 30 Rock so we could leave out of NYC. after driving up there for a visit. We have a 5 1/2 year grandson there to see, too.

I'll look forward to any further reviews you have of your current cruise and those to come.

Lynne

Hi,

We'll all have to meet somewhere! Our grandson works at the orange juice plant in Lake Wales! "Florida's Natural"? My step-daughter used to live on Central just on the other side of the railroad tracks several years ago.

Trevor keeps track of the cruises and saw that deal, too. Right now we are paying off this cruise and accompanying expenses. We are both retired now so usually take one cruise a year or year and a half. However, with that said, I never say never. I would go much more often if we could.

We need to start looking at different destinations, as we've done the islands-and usually only have left out Ft. Lauderdale. New England/Canada is appealing because of friends in the NE and I'm originally from Canada and have relatives in Nova Scotia, Montreal and other areas. My son lives in NJ and works at 30 Rock so we could leave out of NYC. after driving up there for a visit. We have a 5 1/2 year grandson there to see, too.

I'll look forward to any further reviews you have of your current cruise and those to come.

Lynne

my email is babsonparkhill at gmail dot com. When the holiday rush is over we have to get together.

A cruise from NY to Quebec or in the reverse will be fun. I haven't done it, but we were in Quebec City and Montreal last year and really loved those cities. The NY/Canada cruise is very popular in the fall because of the fall colors. We missed the colors by a couple of weeks when we were there.