The Royal Princess. A great ship

carib

The sum of it's parts is greater than than the whole even with a few short comings. I usually book an aft cabin to enjoy the aft pool on other Princess ships. But on the Royal I used the retreat pool, and the atmosphere there was very peaceful. I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the huge horizon terrace. It was my place to hang out.

There are probably degrees of greatness. I don't think there is a way to measure it, so each interprets it his own way.

I wouldn't complain when a Baltic cruise turns out to be a bargain on a 'great' ship. There is so much to enjoy and a big discount is just icing on the cake.

I'm not complaining. I'm expecting a good ship and a great time. I'm just surprised that, after reading the reviews, that some consider it a great ship.

Thanks for sharing the video, really loved it! Can't wait til March when we are doing the Eastern Caribbean on the Royal!

Thanks, I am glad you loved the video. March will be here soon even though time seems to drag when your anticipation is high.

I'm going to go back and review the video. I watched it after it was first posted, but now that we live close to each other, I will look for you. I don't remember, were you in it? Can you repost the link so we don't have to go back several pages? If not, I'll do it.

I missed the Royal Princess leave yesterday but did see a picture of her leaving the port posted by someone. Here we go, again. lol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! Lynne

I'm going to go back and review the video. I watched it after it was first posted, but now that we live close to each other, I will look for you. I don't remember, were you in it? Can you repost the link so we don't have to go back several pages? If not, I'll do it.

I missed the Royal Princess leave yesterday but did see a picture of her leaving the port posted by someone. Here we go, again. lol

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!! Lynne

Lynne if I have to make a quick diagnosis, I will have to say you are addicted to cruising. :) What better addiction? Right? And that will be the pot calling the kettle black.

When you look at the video again you will see both Lenora (Leni) and me in it. You have a great Christmas.

Here is the link again.

Hi Carib

Thanks for sharing such a great compilation.

I'm looking forward to my turn on the Royal in June2014, and seeing something like this in advance gives me a better perspective on what I want to do.

First stop: International Café !

Many thanks.

Hi Carib

Thanks for sharing such a great compilation.

I'm looking forward to my turn on the Royal in June2014, and seeing something like this in advance gives me a better perspective on what I want to do.

First stop: International Café !

Many thanks.

It's 2014 Steven. In less than 6 months you will be on the Royal. I know it's hard waiting, but it comes. I am sure you will have a great time on the Royal.

The International Café is a dangerous place. :)

It's 2014 Steven. In less than 6 months you will be on the Royal. I know it's hard waiting, but it comes. I am sure you will have a great time on the Royal.

The International Café is a dangerous place. :)

10549561106_81a105779f_d.jpg

David;

A dangerous place indeed.....:):):)

Bob

The sum of it's parts is greater than than the whole even with a few short comings. I usually book an aft cabin to enjoy the aft pool on other Princess ships. But on the Royal I used the retreat pool, and the atmosphere there was very peaceful. I really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the huge horizon terrace. It was my place to hang out.

There are probably degrees of greatness. I don't think there is a way to measure it, so each interprets it his own way.

I wouldn't complain when a Baltic cruise turns out to be a bargain on a 'great' ship. There is so much to enjoy and a big discount is just icing on the cake.

I don't know how much of a discount there will be on the Baltic cruises. They seem to be selling pretty well.

Hello. Did you happen to notice if there were any arts & crafts during the sea days? The TA we did on the Emerald in 2012 did. Was wondering if the Royal & Regal will. We will be on the westbound TA on the Regal in Oct 2014.

My wife said that our late 2012 TA on the Crown had some arts & crafts things but in October 2013 doesn't recall anything on that TA. A roll call member had other passengers who were interested in knitting so the Patter listed her "knitters & natters" get together. However we don't recall receiving a "Scholarship at Sea" flyer nor remember reading about any of these types of classes including arts & crafts. There were several "seminars" presented daily but they were merely spa sales pitches. :rolleyes:

Hello. Did you happen to notice if there were any arts & crafts during the sea days? The TA we did on the Emerald in 2012 did. Was wondering if the Royal & Regal will. We will be on the westbound TA on the Regal in Oct 2014.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about the video.

Regarding arts and crafts, I agree with Frank, I don't recall any organized classes. But on a ship that large you can miss some things. I roamed around a lot and I didn't see any. I did see a lot of people knitting, crocheting, etc. I am surprised how many people do that.

I don't remember an arts and crafts "class" and unlike other cruises, there were no needlepoint kits available. The first sea day, Sam (the CD) put a crafts get-together on the schedule for 9am in Club 6. Every sea day after that, we got together there at 9 am whether it was in the Patter or not. I'd say 20-30 ladies were there most days doing needlepoint, knitting, crocheting, counted cross-stitch, etc., even sharing needles and exchanging patterns. Most had their own projects, some had extra yarn or people bought something while in port to work on. Here is a photo of some of us:

ImageUploadedByForums1388710764.478318.jpg.7a0a583984f0fdea29585df1deb504dc.jpg

Wish I knew how to knit :( The A&C they had on the Emerald was making greeting cards with scrapbook supplies. Sad to see the ceramics go. On TAs that's the perfect time to do them - plenty of sea days to complete and put in kiln.

Another question about the Royal: The Enclave - who used it? How much was it? How long can you stay in there? What can you use / have access to?

Thank you for all your help! :D

Wish I knew how to knit :( The A&C they had on the Emerald was making greeting cards with scrapbook supplies. Sad to see the ceramics go. On TAs that's the perfect time to do them - plenty of sea days to complete and put in kiln.

Another question about the Royal: The Enclave - who used it? How much was it? How long can you stay in there? What can you use / have access to?

Thank you for all your help! :D

I am hoping someone who has used the enclave and knows the answers will let you know. I never used it or inquired about the cost.

You posted this a month ago and I Finally opened it.....what a great presentation!

Loved it and am really excited to get on board.

I am glad you finally decided to open it. Lots of people when they see it's youtube never bother to open it.

I hope others take the gamble. :)

• 2 weeks later...

A question for those who were on the TA. Do you know if the Princess Theatre had a Back Stage Tour? When we were on the Emerald for a TA, they did. We will be on the Regal in Oct for a TA and was hoping they would have one. They are quite interesting and fun. You get to meet the cast and have a Q & A session prior to the tour.

A question for those who were on the TA. Do you know if the Princess Theatre had a Back Stage Tour? When we were on the Emerald for a TA, they did. We will be on the Regal in Oct for a TA and was hoping they would have one. They are quite interesting and fun. You get to meet the cast and have a Q & A session prior to the tour.

I believe the back stage tour is part of the Ultimate Ship Tour.....:):):)

Bob

I believe the back stage tour is part of the Ultimate Ship Tour.....:):):)

Bob

Yes, it is a party of all USTs, but most Princess cruises I have been on also have a shortened free version of it for anybody that wants to attend. Usually lasts about 45 minutes.

A question for those who were on the TA. Do you know if the Princess Theatre had a Back Stage Tour?

Yes, it is a party of all USTs, but most Princess cruises I have been on also have a shortened free version of it for anybody that wants to attend. Usually lasts about 45 minutes.

I checked the Patter from my Royal TA & they did have the free Princess Theater Backstage Tour. And like 'caribill' had if offered on our other cruises just like the Culinary Demonstration.