Dream inside cabin

Sailor's Momma

I am leaving on the Dream this Saturday. We booked just a few days ago. I have never stayed in an inside before. This is all that was available. We are on the Vista level. Do the inside cabins have a mirror and sitting area like the ocean view cabins do?

~Sailor's Momma~

I am leaving on the Dream this Saturday. We booked just a few days ago. I have never stayed in an inside before. This is all that was available. We are on the Vista level. Do the inside cabins have a mirror and sitting area like the ocean view cabins do?

~Sailor's Momma~

The inside cabins have the same beds and vanity area, plus mini-fridge that all cabins have. They are smaller, but only because they don't have a sofa.......the bathroom is the same size, there are 3 closets and your luggage will easily fit under the beds..........the hair dryer is in the drawer and the safe is in various places, but probably over the fridge......

~Sailor's Momma~

Leaving Saturday as well! We have a roll call with 150 plus people on it. Here is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1711311

Give you some reading before we leave!!

Very small rooms, smaller than advertised, but it's certainly manageable. I can't seem to find any pics of our Dream interior, but I've got a couple from my Magic interior. This is of a spa inside room, so the decor is quite different, but this is the size & setup you will have. If you want, the beds can be put together. The only real place to sit is on the beds.

019.jpg

018.jpg

Very small rooms, smaller than advertised, but it's certainly manageable. I can't seem to find any pics of our Dream interior, but I've got a couple from my Magic interior. This is of a spa inside room, so the decor is quite different, but this is the size & setup you will have. If you want, the beds can be put together. The only real place to sit is on the beds.

019.jpg

018.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Yes, the rooms do look small. I'm a bit worried about that and the lack of window. We booked less than a week ago. Well at least were going on a cruise! ;)

~Sailor's Momma~

Thanks for the pics. Yes' date=' the rooms do look small. I'm a bit worried about that and the lack of window. We booked less than a week ago. Well at least were going on a cruise! ;)

Thanks. I already warned my parents that they will have no concept of time. This is their first cruise.

~Sailor's Momma~[/quote']

~Sailor's Momma~

Thanks for the pics. Yes' date=' the rooms do look small. I'm a bit worried about that and the lack of window. We booked less than a week ago. Well at least were going on a cruise! ;)

But you are going to the same places as the rest of the fancier cabins do. I too am not fond of insides, but it's better than not going.

This is out first' date=' usually book an ov. This trip wasn't planned at all. The trip came about after discussing it for 5 minutes. Afterwards, many phone calls to carnival. Not excited about the room, location and cruise though.

Should have come with us on Ecstasy Saturday, long stop at Key West, and the rates are excellent. Yes, I realize it's not Dream, but it's a great smaller ship;)

Should have come with us on Ecstasy Saturday, long stop at Key West, and the rates are excellent. Yes, I realize it's not Dream, but it's a great smaller ship;)

A friend we are going with already booked the dream. My parents found out and wanted to go. We then worked out the details. We tend to like smaller ships and not book the bigger ones. We will see how we like it and the ahem... Tons of people. ;)

~Sailor's Momma~

We did an inside cabin on the Glory and it wasn't that bad. Just make sure you have the time since the only thing is you don't know when the sun comes up,:eek: but it was some of the best sleep ever!!! Have a great trip!!:D:D

So, so true! When we turned the lights off in our (one and only time) inside on the Sensation, it was pitch black. I could have slept all day too. The stubbed toes on the way to the bathroom in the dark were the downside. ;)

I will say that if I had to sail in an inside I'd put up with it on the Disney Fantasy or Dream. Those inside cabins are much larger and nicer. :)

Just got off the Dream with an inside cabin last Saturday. No sitting area. They have a vanity with a stool where my wife did her hair. Other than that, most of the sitting in the cabin was done on the bed.

For us, we spend very little time in the cabin except to sleep and get ready for dinner, so it was not a problem. Definitely wasn't the largest interior cabin I have ever been in, but it was plenty large enough for the two of us.

Carnival claims the inside rooms are 185sqft. same size as a balcony room, whom are the kidding they are much smaller than 185sqft.

um, they are. Just different set up on each ship that makes them look different.

I was on the Dream a couple weeks ago, and had an inside room, and it was fine and the same as the rest, just different set up. The balcony makes the rooms look bigger because of the light and glass, but they aren't. I have had balcony rooms before, and never used them. I prefer the darkness, and found the balcony rooms got hotter when the sun was shining in, which I didn't like.

In the end, it's just a room to sleep in.... I don't hang out there.

Edited by poison7fl

um, they are. Just different set up on each ship that makes them look different.

I was on the Dream a couple weeks ago, and had an inside room, and it was fine and the same as the rest, just different set up. The balcony makes the rooms look bigger because of the light and glass, but they aren't. I have had balcony rooms before, and never used them. I prefer the darkness, and found the balcony rooms got hotter when the sun was shining in, which I didn't like.

In the end, it's just a room to sleep in.... I don't hang out there.

I have measured both with a tape measurer. The inside rooms are not the 185 sq.ft. that Carnival & other websites claim. However, the balcony's indoors part, also listed at 185, is actually 185. I measured the interior to be about 150, give or take a few feet. The balcony indoors part came out to exactly 185. I was compelled to measure after being in an interior & visiting a balcony (on the Dream), then being told that they were listed as the same size. I knew that the big window & balcony couldn't be messing with my perceptions that much. That was way too much. I'm not trying to be a whistle blower or anything like that. I just wanted to know the truth, and I feel that others sailing in these rooms would appreciate knowing the truth. It may not be a major thing, but nobody likes getting less than what they thought they were getting.

Check out the pics in this thread of the interior. If that room were truly 185 sq.ft, you would have to be able to fit a 6'6" long sofa between the mirror & the foot of the bed, and still have space left over. Needless to say, that's impossible. In balcony rooms, the main beds are turned the other direction, but they are still 6'6" wide, plus 2 small nightstands to take up about 1.5 more feet in width. That's 14.5 feet from wall to bathroom wall. Compare that to the interior, with a 7' long bed. There is no way that there is 7.5' of space between the foot of the bed & the mirror. But there would have to be for it to be 185 sq.ft. And just in case someone thinks of this, the balcony & the interior are the exact same width: 9'3". That's obvious, not only from my measurements, but with how they are spaced out as you walk the floor. Interior door always directly across from the balcony or OV, for your room & the ones next to you and so on and so on. Balcony indoors are 20' in length, interiors are about 16.5'.

Edited by k2excursion