Silhouette Review - 18 Nov out of Rome - Med and Adriatic Seas (13 Nights)

Iluvcruising2

Views from another viewpoint. Look carefully and you may see the ship.

10pwvww.jpg

We also visited this museum, which was supposedly rather famous. Compared to the sites you see in Italy, this is just another big and nice mansion.

2le5cpj.jpg

On our way back to the town centre, we passed Corfu airport. During summer, this place was busy. But not now.

25g44ex.jpg

We stopped briefly at the town center and took a short walk before heading back the ship. By this time, kids were already tired and they wanted to return to the ship!

300v41u.jpg

Overall, there was a lot of driving done that day. Winding and narrow roads. I was glad we had a good driver! I did notice that other cruisers were rather adventurous. A number of them rented cars and self-drove. Well done!

Always a welcome site after a day out. Celebrity offers complimentary hot chocolate and water when you get back on board. My kids love the hot chocolate. I found it too sweet.

10d5ab6.jpg

Alright, it is past 11pm here in Singapore, local time.

Monday beckons and a work week stares at me.

I shall try to continue to update along the week, but I guess realistically one can expect the next major update over the next weekend.

Meanwhile, thank you for following along and I'd be happy if you leave me any comments or questions.

Cheers!

This morning, they had the Galley Tour which is open to all ship guests. We had to turn up in the dining room at 10am and they conducted the tour very efficiently in batches.

About how long was the tour? Was there a lot of walking or stair climbing? I've done a full behind the scenes tour on another line but was thinking of activities for my parents (who have never cruised before) on sea days. If the galley tour isn't long or and does not require much walking/stair climbing I might suggest this. Neither have significant mobility issues but my mother doesn't do stairs very well and long walks bother her knee.

I should have posted this before my question, but thank you for the review. It will be many years before I'll be able to consider a Med or Adriatic cruise but I'll be on Silhouette in a few weeks so I'm happy to see pics of food and drink, menus and ship info. I expect a few things will change with change of itinerary to Caribbean, but it is getting me psyched nonetheless. Very informative posts. Thank You and we'll see you next week!

One more quick question...you indicated production shows in the main theater were basically on formal nights, right? I know my mom will love these and I usually do to but don't want to miss other opportunities.

Also, what did your in-laws think of cruising since it was their first time?

I missed this question earlier.

Overall, I think they enjoyed the cruise, even though the seas were somewhat rocky.

I think they had a previous negative experience of sailing in some small ship (not sure which one) and the cabin was quite terrible. They found the Celebrity cabin to be very nice.

They also enjoyed the food as well as the lectures conducted by the onboard guest lecturers. It was good that Celebrity had 2 good lecturers on board (one American and one European) and they gave very interesting lectures almost daily on history as well as topics like Venice, Pisa etc.

About how long was the tour? Was there a lot of walking or stair climbing? I've done a full behind the scenes tour on another line but was thinking of activities for my parents (who have never cruised before) on sea days. If the galley tour isn't long or and does not require much walking/stair climbing I might suggest this. Neither have significant mobility issues but my mother doesn't do stairs very well and long walks bother her knee.

Very short, about 30 minutes.

Very little walking. At most a flight of stairs from Deck 3 to 4.

We assemble in Deck 3 and wait for our group's number to be called. Depending on your group, the guide (usually a senior staff from the culinary team) will bring you to the galley on Deck 3 or 4. Each Deck has its own galley.

They will bring you for just a walk around the galley, looking at the various stations. It is a live kitchen, so you would see the staff preparing food for the day.

A very easy tour and I would definitely recommend it for all (Other than young kids who tend to be impatient and don't like boring kitchens. We left ours in the Fun Factory.)

I should have posted this before my question, but thank you for the review. It will be many years before I'll be able to consider a Med or Adriatic cruise but I'll be on Silhouette in a few weeks so I'm happy to see pics of food and drink, menus and ship info. I expect a few things will change with change of itinerary to Caribbean, but it is getting me psyched nonetheless. Very informative posts. Thank You and we'll see you next week!

One more quick question...you indicated production shows in the main theater were basically on formal nights, right? I know my mom will love these and I usually do to but don't want to miss other opportunities.

Thanks for letting me know that you enjoy this thread. Encouragements like yours make me even more happy to share. There will be many more pics of food and drink on the ship as we go along, I can assure you of that. In fact, I may have some time later this evening, hopefully I can post a few more food pics.

On the productions shows, for our cruise the shows (3 of them) were during the 3 formal nights and the 3 formal nights were all on sea days. I would strongly recommend your mom to attend these shows and GO EARLY as the good seats get taken up.

The shows are fantastic. We have already seen very good production shows on Royal ships but the three that we saw on Silhouette blew us away. Yes, all three.

After a day out in Corfu, we were certainly hungry!

Dinner menu for today.

2n1tgev.jpg

Bread selection. I realised this is the first time I took a photo of the breads in the MDR!

2n9f7ep.jpg

This was the butter and other spreads.

2rpfwao.jpg

Tonight, I had the escargots. They were tasty. This was available every night.

262pt2v.jpg

Some soup

2z5qji1.jpg

Turkey Parmesan

2uhajdf.jpg

Seared Branzino, I think. Well, this was some fish for sure. Lol!

1z1a2cz.jpg

Grilled Rib-eye. Overall, their beef was very tasty. I like the grilled taste very much.

24wszte.jpg

Cabernet Braised Lamb Shank - Chef's recommendation for the evening. The serving was HUGE!

zx7387.jpg

Another picture of this....wow. I am not a big fan of lamb, but this tasted pretty good.

fk3320.jpg

The piece of lamb was so large, it looked like it could be used as a weapon.

Edited by Iluvcruising2

Just a random fun pic to brighten up the day. Gosh, I'd much rather be cruising than working. Then again, whoever said life was supposed to be easy? Work, work hard! (to cruise.....)

2w1tbnm.jpg

Love the Lego Luke Skywalker! My friend uses a Lego Indiana Jones for his pics. And thanks for the answers to my questions earlier.

Tks for sharing. We are considering a repo cruise from HI to Vancouver on the Solstice this spring. This will be our first Celebrity cruise.

Thanks for checking in. :)

I noticed that you have cruised 18X with Princess. I have never tried that line. Princess has now come to Singapore and I hope to get to try it some day.

Do try Celebrity and share with us how the two compare!!

Love the Lego Luke Skywalker! My friend uses a Lego Indiana Jones for his pics. And thanks for the answers to my questions earlier.

Glad you liked it.

This was not planned! We bought several Star Wars Lego watches on the ship for the kids and they came with these cute figurines. Then before we knew it, I started pictures of them for the fun of it.

The guest entertainer tonight in the Silhouette theatre was a musician who could play both the piano and trumpet. He was hugely entertaining and my kids were enthralled. (Usually my kids are not impressed with instrumentalists)

sotnom.jpg

Later that evening, we headed to the Oceanview cafe. These desserts look rather good, but I think I was too full to try them.

2411shc.jpg

Fruit on jello.

28hzi15.jpg

I am getting hungry looking at these desserts.

2q1bd3d.jpg

Alright, next would be Kotor, Montenegro!

Today, we would be on private tour again. This was the only tender port in our cruise, so getting off the ship would be interesting.

I put many pics on my blog -

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/2013/12/kotor-montenegro-port-of-call.html

The next few posts give a glimpse of what we saw in Kotor, Montenegro.

Celebrity Today.

654p53.jpg

Sailing in, early morning. It was surreal.

241w5qt.jpg

A little bit brighter now.

25661ic.jpg

Ship's location on the navigation channel.

2cdafb5.jpg

This was supposedly the largest Bay in Europe. Very scenic. Notice Tivat, there is an airport there.

6rq2p1.jpg

Edited by Iluvcruising2