Divina - out of cabin at 7am - debarkation?

tbmrt

I understand that we need to be out of the cabin at 7am and the dining room and buffet will be open for breakfast afterward.

Are we assigned a room the night before to await debarkation? Do we have a choice of times to leave/pick up our luggage? (I think RC had a place where you picked colored slips for your luggage based on when you wanted to leave.)

What are the usual times that we may leave the ship? (Hope the luggage delay in Miami is now under control)

We want to meet friends when we leave the ship and I'd like to give them an approximate idea of what time to be there.

Thanks

Barbara

Well...it does say that...but in reality it is just about like any other cruise line

you get colored tags....

they give you a pretty good time to get the luggage out - 2 am - which is cool....I was even past that and called the front desk and they were very nice and picked up my luggage (I was in the bars LOL)

The luggage tag colors assigns you a place you are supposed to sit to be called , they also have self assist....

but...since I live here, we linger at breakfast and have our van come pick us up when the crowd thins out and it is easy to breeze thru customs

we find the color tag/kiosk and pick up our luggage

they offer full breakfast in dining room....then you can move along to buffet if you wish

MSC keeps their buffet open pretty late on disembark morning which was nice

we did not have a disembark /luggage problem but they said the Transatlantic cruisers did

Actually MSC (now) is just about like any other cruise line you have been on, with I think better entertainment

I will admit that the first time I was on MSC it was a bit like an alternative universe for someone used to cruising American based ships <grin> BUT it has so improved

Example : you get your sign/sail bill just like other cruiselines

they used to tell you had to go to front desk with signed copy of it

before disembark.....what a cluster of people in line with the nasty desk people

You do NOT have to do this at all - if you used credit /debit card just let er roll...trust me they will charge you. You do NOT have to stand in that line (anymore)...it is now just like any other ship

One of the best things about my 3 night cruise was that I avoided the front desk all together <grin> I had no problems, no need to go there and that was sweet

Note : they will say boarding is later than it really is....

and they will say debarkation is earlier than it really is

The MSC website and the MSC us office often will give conflicting info

I have learned to just treat it like any other cruise <grin> and it works

Once you are on board everything is great (My own thought is that the people who overthink MSC are the ones who come back and write really bad reviews )

Example : a gal in my group did not listen to me or anyone else, came to the Port much later, about 3:30 and missed lunch, had lines, did not get luggage till late and then was angry...

another gal went ahead and stood in line to hand them her signed credit card bill = waste of time. Now...if you put cash down or whatever you would have to stand in the line and get it back but if credit card? Let it roll

They did have a 7:00 a.m. time listed but no one was rushing you to get out of your room. We had breakfast in the buffet then returned to our cabin to pick up our roll-on and were at our lounge right at 8:00. We left the ship at 8:15. If you need early departure you should let them know so you get the proper luggage tags.

You can choose to self-disembark. You must be able to handle all luggage by yourself. It is first come-first serve. The forms are put in your cabin on Tuesday and must be turned in by a certain time. Depending on what time that you turned in your form, you were assigned a number and place for disembarkation. You had to have your numbered luggage labels in order to disembark at that assigned time. Early disembarkation met in the black and white lounge.

"we did not have a disembark /luggage problem but they said the Transatlantic cruisers did"

Posted by Flatraveler 99 in the reviews section (Eastern Caribbean) ... seems it is not just the repo cruise that had this issue!

2. Debarkation, what a disaster. Haven't seen anything like it in 25 years. Over an hour plus line and a pissing match between US customs and msc. Both blamed each other. Ultimately, since it hasn't been this way on my other recent cruises, it must be an msc issue.

"we did not have a disembark /luggage problem but they said the Transatlantic cruisers did"

Posted by Flatraveler 99 in the reviews section (Eastern Caribbean) ... seems it is not just the repo cruise that had this issue!

2. Debarkation, what a disaster. Haven't seen anything like it in 25 years. Over an hour plus line and a pissing match between US customs and msc. Both blamed each other. Ultimately, since it hasn't been this way on my other recent cruises, it must be an msc issue.

I this case I am sure its US customs((( We saw it so many times(:eek:

I sat and enjoyed breakfast, and waited till lines calmed down , called my van and then we went right through customs and got our luggage in appropriate /color areas no problem

I always cruise this way (except my Alaska cruise, I had to do the early disembark to catch a flight back home from Seattle...what a mess..standing in huge lines dragging around bags etc)

I also think we have to remember that Divina is new to this port, I am sure they will get their act together (hope)

I would suggest that those who have later flights or don't have to rush off do what I do - enjoy the ship till the very end and stroll off comfortably

I've found on other transatlantic crossings, with large numbers of non-US passengers, US VISIT processing causes long delays. The Port Authority people then stop passengers exiting the ship to prevent congestion in the terminal. So my guess is that it's only MSC's fault to the extent they were caught by surprise by all this.

Edited by Dancer Bob

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

If we are scheduled to debark at 9:45am and need to get off earlier (not doing self assist) can we request an earlier time? We planned to meet someone at 9:30am.

Guess we could hassle with our luggage to get off earlier, but really would prefer not to do that.

Thanks

Barbara

Example : you get your sign/sail bill just like other cruiselines

they used to tell you had to go to front desk with signed copy of it

before disembark.....what a cluster of people in line with the nasty desk people

You do NOT have to do this at all - if you used credit /debit card just let er roll...trust me they will charge you. You do NOT have to stand in that line (anymore)...it is now just like any other ship

They are still doing this. It happened on the last cruise during disembarkation on 12/7. It is printed in the daily the night before as well as on the actual bill on your door when you get up on your last day. I even asked a staff member if this was mandatory if I paid by credit card, and he said "OH Yes Sir, you must turn the copy in to the front desk".

They are still doing this. It happened on the last cruise during disembarkation on 12/7. It is printed in the daily the night before as well as on the actual bill on your door when you get up on your last day. I even asked a staff member if this was mandatory if I paid by credit card, and he said "OH Yes Sir, you must turn the copy in to the front desk".

LOL...trust me - you don't have to go through this and they will make sure to still charge you without standing in line and signing

After 4 MSC USA cruises I can say - if you treat it like any other cruise you will have a better time. MSC often has some odd "nerve wracking" things - I avoid the front desk, I avoid the animation team, I also avoid the games and such.....I don't pay any attention to their "disembark" nonsense LOL

I enjoy the beautiful ship, shows, the sauna, steam room, jacuzzis,

and most of all the wonderful entertainment and music

So what you are telling people is run the risk of being charged for something that you never had! check it sign it hand it in if it is correct no hassle at all ..:) plus the Customer Service staff were all very polite.

After 4 MSC USA cruises I can say ....

No MSC cruises in Europe then? as yet.

So what you are telling people is run the risk of being charged for something that you never had! check it sign it hand it in if it is correct no hassle at all ..:) plus the Customer Service staff were all very polite.

After 4 MSC USA cruises I can say ....

No MSC cruises in Europe then? as yet.

I have not had the pleasure of sailing from Europe but would love to...

I do check my bill...it was correct and pretty small as I don't do a lot other than split a 12 for 10 drink package, pay tips and buy a few souvenirs and a few drinks..so very simple...so yeah I just walk off :) and they charged me correctly

I understand that we need to be out of the cabin at 7am and the dining room and buffet will be open for breakfast afterward.

Are we assigned a room the night before to await debarkation? Do we have a choice of times to leave/pick up our luggage? (I think RC had a place where you picked colored slips for your luggage based on when you wanted to leave.)

What are the usual times that we may leave the ship? (Hope the luggage delay in Miami is now under control)

We want to meet friends when we leave the ship and I'd like to give them an approximate idea of what time to be there.

Thanks

Barbara

You will need to go to the front desk and tell them you need to be off the ship early. They will give you priority luggage tags and you should be the first off the ship after the self luggage people. We went to the lounge at 8:15 and were immediately let go. I believe our tags were red #1. We did have to make the request--I never saw anything about it in the daily paper.

I have always signed and handed my invoice back (18 cruises). It has never been a hassle. It has never taken any time. You don't need to stand in a queue to do it. Just pass it over and they take it from you.

I'm fairly sure they will still charge you if you don't.

I have always signed and handed my invoice back (18 cruises). It has never been a hassle. It has never taken any time. You don't need to stand in a queue to do it. Just pass it over and they take it from you.

I'm fairly sure they will still charge you if you don't.

I think this may be a policy change on the part of MSC. On the Musica the instructions were definitely to check, sign and return the printout to the cash desk. On the Fantasia, the instructions were only to visit the cash desk if there were an error. The latter makes more sense when they already have your card details.

• 2 months later...